Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tarris Reed and Link Academy played in the Chicagoland Summer Showcase this past weekend. Corey Tate (SLU), Tom Izzo and assistants (Michigan St.) Chris Holtmann, (Ohio State) both Saddi Washington and Howard Eisley (Michigan) Mizzou, Oklahoma, others, all there for Reed.

Michigan, Michigan St. Purdue, UConn, Arkansas were going head to head for various players at the event as well. 

(Interestingly enough, 3 of the 4 Final Four teams in the large school platinum tourney were Link, Vashon, and DeSmet. Teams were from many states. Lots of Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, etc…East St. Louis, Hazelwood Central also participated in one of the tourneys). Lots and lots of coaches there.

Speaking of Link, they added another prominent Mokan player to their team, Aidan Shaw. from Kansas City (Blue Valley) . He is a highly recruited 6’8 SF/Wing. 

Pistol likes this

2 hours ago, courtside said:

Tarris Reed and Link Academy played in the Chicagoland Summer Showcase this past weekend. Corey Tate (SLU), Tom Izzo and assistants (Michigan St.) Chris Holtmann, (Ohio State) both Saddi Washington and Howard Eisley (Michigan) Mizzou, Oklahoma, others, all there for Reed.

Michigan, Michigan St. Purdue, UConn, Arkansas were going head to head for various players at the event as well. 

(Interestingly enough, 3 of the 4 Final Four teams in the large school platinum tourney were Link, Vashon, and DeSmet. Teams were from many states. Lots of Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, etc…East St. Louis, Hazelwood Central also participated in one of the tourneys). Lots and lots of coaches there.

Speaking of Link, they added another prominent Mokan player to their team, Aidan Shaw. from Kansas City (Blue Valley) . He is a highly recruited 6’8 SF/Wing. 

Please read Tiger Board Conner Turnbull.  Those fans do not think you are good enough for them.

I would love you to sign with team blue Mr. Turnbull.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Please read Tiger Board Conner Turnbull.  Those fans do not think you are good enough for them.

I would love you to sign with team blue Mr. Turnbull.

It’s hilarious to me how delusional Tiger Board is.

The latest rankings from 247 and Rivals are out.  Players from the area and the whole state of MO on the lists are:

Aidan Shaw, Link - Rivals 56, 247 51, 247 composite 53

Tarris Reed, Link - Rivals 90, 247 84, 247 composite 74

Jevon Porter, Father Tolton - 247 150, 247 composite 175

Braxton Stacker, Cardinal Ritter - 247 composite 224

Braden Appelhans, Blue Springs - 247 composite 245

Deuce Roberts, Lee Summit - 247 composite 264

Larry Hughes Jr., CBC - 247 composite 266

Damien Mayo, Chaminade - 247 composite 267

Interesting thing that I don't ever remember seeing before is that there are more kids ranked from Missouri than Illinois.

Pistol likes this

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

The latest rankings from 247 and Rivals are out.  Players from the area and the whole state of MO on the lists are:

Aidan Shaw, Link - Rivals 56, 247 51, 247 composite 53

Tarris Reed, Link - Rivals 90, 247 84, 247 composite 74

Jevon Porter, Father Tolton - 247 150, 247 composite 175

Braxton Stacker, Cardinal Ritter - 247 composite 224

Braden Appelhans, Blue Springs - 247 composite 245

Deuce Roberts, Lee Summit - 247 composite 264

Larry Hughes Jr., CBC - 247 composite 266

Damien Mayo, Chaminade - 247 composite 267

Interesting thing that I don't ever remember seeing before is that there are more kids ranked from Missouri than Illinois.

-that's crazy

brianstl likes this

1 hour ago, Franchise_08 said:

Someone mentioned he visited SLU 28th and he committed to Butler on the 1st...so we quit recruiting him during the week he visited. Seems incorrect...I could be wrong, but I am not. 

You’re wrong, Skip is right.  We quit recruiting the tool.

slufanskip and SLU_Lax like this

2 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Someone mentioned he visited SLU 28th and he committed to Butler on the 1st...so we quit recruiting him during the week he visited. Seems incorrect...I could be wrong, but I am not. 

Old joke on this board just like tool.

Because it is an old joke blue font is not necessary most of the time.

Just now, CBFan said:

Old joke on this board just like tool.

Because it is an old joke blue font is not necessary most of the time.

It’s a well known FACT that if a kid we’re recruiting doesn’t commit to SLU...we didn’t want him anyway. Everyone knows this.