Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t think this was posted, but here is an article about Reed’s recruitment from a month ago. 

Here is what he had to say about SLU:

Saint Louis: ‘They were the very first school to offer me a scholarship. Being a hometown kid, that scholarship meant a lot to me. It would be nice to represent your hometown at the next level. I’m familiar with their staff and their players and (would) fit in well with their playing style.”

billiken_roy likes this

On 5/29/2021 at 10:18 AM, TheChosenOne said:

I think I’ve seen some really slick videos on social media that you have put together, great to have you on the board. When you have time could you provide a run down of some of the kids in your program? The Porter kid is so intriguing to me, Romar appears to have gotten a stud before he blew up. What does the AAU season look like this summer for those of us who want to try to follow along? And while I’m bothering you, can you tell me a bit about Link Year and the prep school in Nixa, We Are United, I’m seeing some intriguing names linked to both and candidly don’t know anything about either.

Jevon Porter is going to Pepperdine. He's a high-major talent top 100 kid without a doubt. 6'10 forward that can play center if needed. Big-time shooter, versatile defender, great ball skills for the size. 

We play in some elite events during the live period. The events are posted on our Twitter.

Link Year was originally a prep school only. It's a very good program and run extremely well. We are sending 3 guys there all 6'7 wings Jalen Hampton, Omar Henry, and Jackson Skipper. It's known to develop kids, have a great strength program, and send nearly their entire roster to the D1 level. Now they have a HS team called Link Academy. Based on what I know, donations from Nike, and the people behind it I'd expect it to reach levels similar to IMG Academy, Montverde, Oak Hill, etc... it will be a powerhouse. Their HS team will have a starting lineup of all 4 and 5 star kids to give you an idea. They will be releasing rosters soon. 

10 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-having made the drive on I-57 several times the town of Tuscola did not register, looking fwd to Pistol's take on this player

He didnt miss a single shot on the video.

Jalen Quinn - PG, 6-3, 185 - Tuscola, IL (Tuscola) - AAU: Illinois Wolves (Under Armour) - Twitter: @jalen_quinn
Offers: Loyola-Chicago, SIU-Carbondale, Drake, Belmont, Southeast Missouri, Eastern Illinois, Illinois-Chicago, Wofford.

Interest: Saint Louis, Creighton, Xavier, Marquette, Butler, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Illinois, Iowa, Purdue, Indiana, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Iowa State, Missouri, Arkansas, Arizona State, Stanford, California, Cincinnati, Wichita State, Tulsa, East Carolina, Utah State, Colorado State, Boise State, Air Force, Santa Clara, San Diego, Illinois State, Bradley, Morehead State, Rice, Toledo, Cleveland State, Miami-Ohio, Bowling Green, Northern Kentucky, Milwaukee, Youngstown State, Furman, Iona, South Dakota State, South Dakota, Denver, St. Thomas, Holy Cross, Navy, James Madison, Northeastern, Lamar, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, Appalachian State, Louisiana-Monroe, UC-Davis, Montana State, Radford, Longwood, Mount St. Mary's, Lipscomb.

Latest News: Quinn will visit Loyola (6/2), SLU (6/5), Belmont (6/10), SIUC (6/17), Marquette (6/22), and Butler and UIC on dates still TBD. (6/2/21)

Scouting Report: Quinn is a strong, versatile lead guard with a natural game. He's crafty, with a blend of power and finesse. He can knock it down from three and finish at the rim with either hand. He controls pace and has excellent vision and passing ability. He has guarded all five positions while playing with his HS team. He also played WR for the football team and shortstop for the baseball team but is focusing on basketball.

-Giacoletti and Wilson started following him on Twitter recently (I was on vacation for 9 days, probably during that time). He has a ton of new interest. He plays at a tiny HS in rural IL so playing AAU with the Illinois Wolves is where he picks up attention.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

A 6'3 point guard who until very recently played football?  This kid is straight out of bully ball central casting.

When I was watching video, for a while he didn't strike me as particularly athletic in the sense of speed or explosiveness, but he kind of sneaks up on you. Plays at his own pace and then all of a sudden there's a big two-hand flush in traffic no one saw coming. He's really well-rounded and has a great physique for the next level. The amount of interest he has is no surprise; the offers will start falling like dominoes if he continues to play well this AAU season.

8 hours ago, AGB91 said:

Reed from Chaminade is going to Purdue.

This is per KTVI.

sad, i was really really wanting Reed to be a Billiken.   

12 hours ago, AGB91 said:

Reed from Chaminade is going to Purdue.

This is per KTVI.

She reported this last night?  Wow, find it hard to believe since he is visiting Purdue this weekend he committed the first night of going there for the visit?  Seems incredibly odd.  Usually at least the Sunday before they leave.  

Reed isn't committing to Purdue this weekend.  He has several more visits scheduled.  They are hosting another player this weekend who may commit.  Maybe that is the mix up.