Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, SLUMS81 said:

Does getting Nesbitt increase our chances with higher-level recruits - Tarris Reed, for example?

As far as I can tell, no. With Reed specifically, he's playing for MOKAN Elite with Damien Mayo and Larry Hughes, Jr., so those guys are all in a different program.

Nesbitt is a Brad Beal Elite kid, so it always helps to keep that pipeline going. He knows the BBE/local dudes already on the roster, and there are more behind him that we're recruiting. So if things go well for him at SLU, it certainly can't hurt. I don't think it's going to be a deciding factor for anyone specific, though.

18 minutes ago, Pistol said:

As far as I can tell, no. With Reed specifically, he's playing for MOKAN Elite with Damien Mayo and Larry Hughes, Jr., so those guys are all in a different program.

Nesbitt is a Brad Beal Elite kid, so it always helps to keep that pipeline going. He knows the BBE/local dudes already on the roster, and there are more behind him that we're recruiting. So if things go well for him at SLU, it certainly can't hurt. I don't think it's going to be a deciding factor for anyone specific, though.

We have five former BBE players on our team.  Will be six if Goodwin plays another year.  Seems like our relationship with BBE/STL Eagles is in the best place it has ever been.  If kids like Nexbitt, Thatch, and Hargrove have success here, the relationship will only get better.

To add to that comment, BBE's website currently lists 20 players that are in college right now from their program.  This list counts Goodwin.  That means that 6 of the 20 current college players that came out of BBE are at SLU.  That's a pretty big chunk.

Zink likes this

PrepHoops agrees that Luke Northweather is trending as a mid-major prospect.

Luke Northweather (Mid-Mo Elite 17U)
What a show Northweather put on in Louisville!  The 6’9” five man from Missouri was outstanding using his size and skill to dominate on the interior.  The rising senior has an excellent feel for scoring on the block with seals, spins, and power moves.  Soft touch around the hoop.  Finished well through contact and was very physical in the paint.  Like how deep of a position he consistently got on the catch.  Rebounded at a high rate in his area and on the defensive end was a force swatting shots all weekend whether it was other guards or opposing post players.  Low-major and mid-major programs should definitely be on this five man.

9 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

PrepHoops agrees that Luke Northweather is trending as a mid-major prospect.

Luke Northweather (Mid-Mo Elite 17U)
What a show Northweather put on in Louisville!  The 6’9” five man from Missouri was outstanding using his size and skill to dominate on the interior.  The rising senior has an excellent feel for scoring on the block with seals, spins, and power moves.  Soft touch around the hoop.  Finished well through contact and was very physical in the paint.  Like how deep of a position he consistently got on the catch.  Rebounded at a high rate in his area and on the defensive end was a force swatting shots all weekend whether it was other guards or opposing post players.  Low-major and mid-major programs should definitely be on this five man.

-was the competition in Louisville also rated as low- or mid-major?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

Kramer's had two good weekends in a row playing the spot-up shooter role for BBE.  His overall game, which he won't get to show much on that squad, reminds me of Mike Crawford.

I like his game and I think the Crawford comparison is pretty good.  Not sure if SLU will get in the mix on him, but I definitely think he is a guy that can play at this level with the right fit.  The UAB offer makes sense because he is an Andy Kennedy type of player on both ends.

53 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I like his game and I think the Crawford comparison is pretty good.  Not sure if SLU will get in the mix on him, but I definitely think he is a guy that can play at this level with the right fit.  The UAB offer makes sense because he is an Andy Kennedy type of player on both ends.

Believe he has a relative who played for UAB as well.  Think Kramer is a more physical player than Crawford, he'll post up quite a bit for SLUH when the matchup presents itself. 

7 minutes ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Believe he has a relative who played for UAB as well.  Think Kramer is a more physical player than Crawford, he'll post up quite a bit for SLUH when the matchup presents itself. 

He will and he will get after it defensively.

18 minutes ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Crawford posted up quite a bit in high school and even averaged 9 rebounds a game.  That skillset doesn't necessarily translate to college at 6'4 unless you're really strong or really long.  

• 3 weeks later...

Loads of new names on the 2022 interest list in the Recruiting Lists thread:

Christian Fermin
Jazian Gortman
Treyvon Lewis
Justin Morgan
Austin Nunez
Otega Oweh
Charlie Randall
Joshua Rivera
Shamus Thompson
Jaret Valencia
Solomon Washington
Christian Weddington
Cam Whitmore
Christian Winborne

Reinert310 likes this

• 2 weeks later...

Jalen Hampton from University City is going prep at Link Year. He's top 3 in the state for 2022 alongside Tarris Reed and Jevon Porter. He's 6'7 with elite athletic traits, defensive stopper on the wing, and an outstanding slasher. Been playing with us over at Michael Porter Jr. elite AAU program and he's been awesome. Plays hard every game and a competitor, once live period rolls around offers will flood in from Mid to High-Majors.

wgstl likes this

On 5/22/2021 at 8:07 PM, seanwest said:

Jalen Hampton from University City is going prep at Link Year. He's top 3 in the state for 2022 alongside Tarris Reed and Jevon Porter. He's 6'7 with elite athletic traits, defensive stopper on the wing, and an outstanding slasher. Been playing with us over at Michael Porter Jr. elite AAU program and he's been awesome. Plays hard every game and a competitor, once live period rolls around offers will flood in from Mid to High-Majors.

I think I’ve seen some really slick videos on social media that you have put together, great to have you on the board. When you have time could you provide a run down of some of the kids in your program? The Porter kid is so intriguing to me, Romar appears to have gotten a stud before he blew up. What does the AAU season look like this summer for those of us who want to try to follow along? And while I’m bothering you, can you tell me a bit about Link Year and the prep school in Nixa, We Are United, I’m seeing some intriguing names linked to both and candidly don’t know anything about either.

thetorch likes this