Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

He's got a scorer's mentality and tiny titans have a good track record in our conference.  Sounds like a great fit to me.

I take it he's more of a Russell than a Collins 

247 wrote an article about Holiman’s top 7: https://247sports.com/Article/Adante-Holiman-top-seven-Arizona-Arizona-State-DePaul-Basketball-Recruiting-160734070/

Here’s what he said about SLU and Ford:

Saint Louis: "When Travis Ford used to be at Oklahoma State, we met at a camp when I was in third grade. Ever since then he has always been a coach I wanted to play for. I also played travel ball with his son before. Coach Ford lets his guards go and they play at a fast tempo. He says he has coached guys like me and I would fit right into their program."

28 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

247 wrote an article about Holiman’s top 7: https://247sports.com/Article/Adante-Holiman-top-seven-Arizona-Arizona-State-DePaul-Basketball-Recruiting-160734070/

Here’s what he said about SLU and Ford:

Saint Louis: "When Travis Ford used to be at Oklahoma State, we met at a camp when I was in third grade. Ever since then he has always been a coach I wanted to play for. I also played travel ball with his son before. Coach Ford lets his guards go and they play at a fast tempo. He says he has coached guys like me and I would fit right into their program."

Could be the blue-tinted glasses but based on the article it sounds like we have a really good shot at landing him.

Reinert310 likes this

Illinois high school basketball has started in certain parts of the state and one recruit in which we've expressed interest has gotten off to a strong start.  Normal Community's Zach Cleveland, a 6'7 do-it-all forward, just missed a triple double against Bloomington Central Catholic with 13 points, 20 rebounds, 9 assists and 4 blocks.  He followed that up with a 26 point, 12 rebound performance against Rock Island and 19 points, 7 rebounds against Peoria Manual.

Pistol likes this

17 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Illinois high school basketball has started in certain parts of the state and one recruit in which we've expressed interest has gotten off to a strong start.  Normal Community's Zach Cleveland, a 6'7 do-it-all forward, just missed a triple double against Bloomington Central Catholic with 13 points, 20 rebounds, 9 assists and 4 blocks.  He followed that up with a 26 point, 12 rebound performance against Rock Island and 19 points, 7 rebounds against Peoria Manual.

Every time I check in with his recruitment, he says SLU has been in contact. We seem to be one of about a dozen schools keeping the closest tabs on him.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Every time I check in with his recruitment, he says SLU has been in contact. We seem to be one of about a dozen schools keeping the closest tabs on him.

Yeah, he's a Chris Sloan/Ryan Mikesell tweener-level recruit right now.  He will eventually get mid-major offers, just based on production.    But if grows to 6-8, he would be an ideal A10 power forward.

22 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Yeah, he's a Chris Sloan/Ryan Mikesell tweener-level recruit right now.  He will eventually get mid-major offers, just based on production.    But if grows to 6-8, he would be an ideal A10 power forward.

-one inch?

Looks like SLU is still recruiting Tarris Reed and he recently had virtual visits with SLU, Mizzou and Indiana. Here’s what he had to say about SLU in this article from Zags Blog:

Saint Louis: “Of course, SLU is a home town school. I’m glad to see what they are doing this year. Top 25 and making a name for themselves. It would be cool to stay home and labeled a ‘hometown hero.'”

https://www.zagsblog.com/2021/02/15/class-of-2022-big-man-tarris-reed-breaks-down-recruitment/

9 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Looks like SLU is still recruiting Tarris Reed and he recently had virtual visits with SLU, Mizzou and Indiana. Here’s what he had to say about SLU in this article from Zags Blog:

Saint Louis: “Of course, SLU is a home town school. I’m glad to see what they are doing this year. Top 25 and making a name for themselves. It would be cool to stay home and labeled a ‘hometown hero.'”

https://www.zagsblog.com/2021/02/15/class-of-2022-big-man-tarris-reed-breaks-down-recruitment/

A very polite and thoughtful answer that seems to belie his level of interest. Hopefully it develops from here. 

On 1/14/2021 at 2:57 PM, TheChosenOne said:

Looking at the box scores from their first 4 games (no shooting stats from their game last night, so that would certainly improve these stats), Hughes attempted more 3s than 2s and shot 28% overall (17.4% from 3) with 18 of 46 points coming from the free throw line where he shot 75%. Again, that does not include last night's game, but in his first 4 games he only shot >20% in one of those games (hit 7/12 shots against St. Mary's) and in his 20 point effort against Confluence 13 of those were at the line.

I was curious how some of the local kids were doing of late and thought I should update the stats on Hughes Jr. since his percentages are significantly higher than a month ago. This doesn't include their two most recent games (a loss to U City and a win over MICDS), but Hughes is now up to 40.98% from the field, 34.69% from 3, and 75% from the free throw line averaging 16.57 points per game. Over half of his field goal attempts are from 3 (and almost half of his makes are from 3). I have only watched them play Chaminade and DeSmet (the first time) which were not good games for him, but wanted to update his shooting stats since the above post. CBC has a big week, playing Vashon tonight and at Chaminade on Friday.

Pistol and BIG BILL FAN like this

On 2/16/2021 at 11:29 AM, TheChosenOne said:

CBC has a big week, playing Vashon tonight and at Chaminade on Friday.

Looks like the CBC/Vashon game was cancelled, but CBC plays at Chaminade tonight. I might have to pull it up on my phone to monitor the score while watching our game.

On 1/20/2021 at 11:08 AM, 3star_recruit said:

The SLU in-state prospect having the best season so far is 6'6 SG Braden Appelhans at Blue Springs HS in the KC Metro.  He's been a 180 shooter so far this season.  Already made an on-campus visit back in October.

Appelhans stats as of last game:

PTS    REB    AST   BLK  STL   TO

16.45  3.20 1.35   0.50   1.30    1.75

FG         FG%    3FG       3FG%       FT       FT%    PTS

119-223  0.511   58-115   .504     33-38   0.868   329

Over a 180 shooter...6'6" maybe 6'7" 175  looks to grow more and put on more muscle.  Plays AAU for KC RUN GMC