Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brighton said:

I get disliking the basketball program, but not football.

Georgia has won a title since 1980, so they shouldn’t belong either.

I like Mizzou football. 
Make it to 3-4 games most years. 
But Georgia has been a top 10 program for years. They are always a national title contender.

Mizzou is....well, Mizzou.

10 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I like Mizzou football. 
Make it to 3-4 games most years. 
But Georgia has been a top 10 program for years. They are always a national title contender.

Mizzou is....well, Mizzou.

Yes, but like all Georgia teams both at the collegiate and pro levels, they choke. Mizzou’s the only D1 football program in the state in the most prestigious football conference in the country. You’d think that would hold some weight in STL since we no longer have an NFL team.

11 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Yes, but like all Georgia teams both at the collegiate and pro levels, they choke. Mizzou’s the only D1 football program in the state in the most prestigious football conference in the country. You’d think that would hold some weight in STL since we no longer have an NFL team.

Pretty sure I’ve said here before why I cheer for Mizzou football, despite the fact that despise Mizzou basketball. I’m just gonna say, Drinkwitz is AT LEAST 100 times better recruiter than Odom was. And with in-state recruiting in Missouri, there’s really no comparison. Whether that translates to the field remains to be seen. But I’d venture a guess that Drink has a much better shot at Burden than Odom ever would’ve.

Box and Won likes this

11 hours ago, Brighton said:

ah................no

As people know, Burden is a very good hooper too. His dad according to Rich Grawer, is the best mid range shooter Grawer ever had at SLU. 

He's 2022 and narrowed his college decision to five for football. So, it's relevant to note before moving on to the next one.

People can continue college football discussion in a college football thread and continue 2022 hoop recruiting here. 👍

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Because we're not high major.  Which is what he's aiming for.

-to be clear, are you saying Reed won't Be a Billiken because we are not high major? if a kid really wants high major and has the opportunity not sure what we can do

4 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-to be clear, are you saying Reed won't Be a Billiken because we are not high major? if a kid really wants high major and has the opportunity not sure what we can do

That's the reading I am going with. We will lose a lot of these "high major" battles because we flat out cannot offer that.