Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, slu72 said:

Did we even have him in for a cup of coffee? 

beings he has been at mi$$ouri on his on consent, imo he is tainted and i want nothing to do with him

15 hours ago, courtside said:

Not sure where I'm going to put this but here seems a good spot.

Vashon assistant, Jimmy McKinney has been named new boys head basketball coach at Kirkwood High School:

Boo

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Disappointed in the fact when he asks him about SLU it was more about it being his first offer and not about how he feels about the school or Ford in general.  Definitely appears K State will be in this one until the end.

When Reed gets around to making a choice, K-St will be nothing more than the Fordham of the Big 12, while SLU will be an A 10 champion and NCAA team.

10 minutes ago, bauman said:

When Reed gets around to making a choice, K-St will be nothing more than the Fordham of the Big 12, while SLU will be an A 10 champion and NCAA team.

Honestly, you’re right. How could you drool over a team that is out of state and finished dead last back to back years?

39 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Honestly, you’re right. How could you drool over a team that is out of state and finished dead last back to back years?

Not to mention we went to their place (basically anyway) and waxed them this past season.  Should be an easy choice for any locals from now on... especially if they want to play in NCAA tournaments.

19 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Not to mention we went to their place (basically anyway) and waxed them this past season.  Should be an easy choice for any locals from now on... especially if they want to play in NCAA tournaments.

....and while that game in KC will have faded from memory when Reed is picking schools, I seem to remember that we "waxed them"  (actually we only won by 3) without our best perimeter shooter and our best defender.  While the Top 144 rankings sometimes leave much to be desired , I doubt that K-St will even appear in that listing this year.  Man, would I love to have them on our 20-21 schedule-I think a blowout would be likely even on their home court.

Here’s an article about Larry Jr. and Lebron Jr. The article talks a little bit about Larry’s recruitment stating that he’s looking at K State, Purdue, Ohio State and NC State. The author assumes he’s leaning toward K State right now and never mentions SLU. I wouldn’t read too much into this though. He’s making a lot of assumptions in this.

https://www.sportscasting.com/bronny-james-faced-off-against-the-son-of-lebrons-former-teammate/

9 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Here’s an article about Larry Jr. and Lebron Jr. The article talks a little bit about Larry’s recruitment stating that he’s looking at K State, Purdue, Ohio State and NC State. The author assumes he’s leaning toward K State right now and never mentions SLU. I wouldn’t read too much into this though. He’s making a lot of assumptions in this.

https://www.sportscasting.com/bronny-james-faced-off-against-the-son-of-lebrons-former-teammate/

I enjoyed reading this quote: “It’s kind of close to home. I know they had a lot of St. Louis guys go there and have success. They know how to coach.”

I know the perfect school for him!

22 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

That guy is basing that off a Zagsblog interview where LHJ mentioned where he wanted to take a visit to.  He totally ignored this quote from the Zagsblog interview about SLU, “They said I have a really good IQ and have a good feel for the game. They’ll always be Top Five in my book.”

I, also, don't know how he came away with him being a KSU because LHJ basically said similar things about all of NC St, OSU and Purdue.  It was just one of those interviews where the recruit says nice things about all of the schools.

On 8/12/2020 at 11:19 AM, Bills_06 said:

Disappointed in the fact when he asks him about SLU it was more about it being his first offer and not about how he feels about the school or Ford in general.  Definitely appears K State will be in this one until the end.

I would have to find it, but this winter when he did a fairly comprehensive interview breaking down some of the schools recruiting him he had some great things to say about SLU and the atmosphere at the Dayton game (I think that was the game he mentioned).

It will be interesting to see what happens with Kansas State (and his former high school teammate) this season after that huge fall this past season.

As with the 2021 class, I did some updating of the Recruiting Lists thread. A few notes:

-I think both Hughes and Martin played in the BBE Challenge. I need to watch some more highlights but I didn't see much of Hughes, just a few Martin clips squeezed in.

-Lual Manyang's stock is rising quickly. We were a relatively early offer for him; he's only been playing a few years and came here from South Sudan in 2018 for HS. He's a Brian Petruzzelli referral; former SLU staff member who is now Director of Recruiting for The Hoop Group. Anyway, Manyang is raw but has sky high potential.

-SLU offered both Brandon Miller and Nick Smith, who were studs at the BBE Challenge, but Miller is a 5-star and Smith is a 4-star who seems like he's going to a power program.

-Finally watched the Tarris Reed interview that posted earlier this month. He seems highest on K-State but said some good things about SLU. We were his first offer and the moment he realized this basketball thing was going to be serious. When asked about his "pinch me moment" he said it was SLU's offer. Ohio State is his latest offer. K-State is obviously a top contender, and he said Purdue, Michigan State, and Arkansas are all in the mix even though none have offered yet. Nebraska has been on him for a while; he's been there and has an offer. He has 8 offers but it won't stay that way for long.

-Jai Smith said SLU is in the mix, although he named quite a few others.

-No major recent notes for Kellen Thames, Brian Taylor, Damien Mayo, or Braxton Stacker (who doesn't have confirmed SLU interest yet), but I'm keeping an eye on this group of local prospects. Stacker caught Eric Bossi's eye at the BBE Challenge; he's transferring to Ritter this year.