Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin is our only offer not in the new top 150. Other offers:

14. Brandon Miller (plays for BBE, lives in Nashville)
48. Jayden Epps (Suffolk, VA; currently blowing up after a monster sophomore season)
79. Tarris Reed (Chaminade)
86. Devin Ree (Terry, MS)
95. Kok Yat (Norcross, GA)
117. Will Richardson (Oradell, NJ)
139. Larry Hughes, Jr. (CBC)

Ree, Yat, Richardson, and Hughes are all new to the Rivals rankings.

Others of note:
46. Nick Smith (plays for BBE, lives in Arkansas)

15 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Martin is our only offer not in the new top 150. Other offers:

14. Brandon Miller (plays for BBE, lives in Nashville)
48. Jayden Epps (Suffolk, VA; currently blowing up after a monster sophomore season)
79. Tarris Reed (Chaminade)
86. Devin Ree (Terry, MS)
95. Kok Yat (Norcross, GA)
117. Will Richardson (Oradell, NJ)
139. Larry Hughes, Jr. (CBC)

Ree, Yat, Richardson, and Hughes are all new to the Rivals rankings.

Others of note:
46. Nick Smith (plays for BBE, lives in Arkansas)

Hey Pistol, didn’t we offer KJ Lee, and wasn’t he 2022. I could absolutely be wrong, I can barely remember what day it is these days. I’m only asking because I used to work out with his dad Kelvin. Really good guy.

2 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Hey Pistol, didn’t we offer KJ Lee, and wasn’t he 2022. I could absolutely be wrong, I can barely remember what day it is these days. I’m only asking because I used to work out with his dad Kelvin. Really good guy.

Yes, but he's a 2021 player and he's not ranked in the top 150. Kelvin Sr. was at Chaminade when I was there. His first year there was my freshman year.

Just now, Pistol said:

Yes, but he's a 2021 player and he's not ranked in the top 150. Kelvin Sr. was at Chaminade when I was there. His first year there was my freshman year.

That’s right. For whatever reason, I thought he was in the same class as Larry Jr. kelvin is a really good guy. I think he’s at U City now.

1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

-Kok Yat, that has a ring to it and I shudder when I imagine how Gus could butcher that

My dream scenario is he pronounces it “Kok Yum”

4 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Might be better for SLU for Hughes Jr to take off later in the recruitment process, prevents any blue bloods from swooping in and snagging him away from the Bills. 

Same with Martin

Billboy1 likes this

6 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Lists this early are dominated by tall and/or physically developed kids.  The jury is out on the tiny titans until they prove their game holds up against upperclassmen.  Yuri didn't even break into the top 400 until late in his junior year.

That worked out really well for Travis Ford...and all of us. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Pistol, should we do any reading between the lines that a Larry Jr and Martin didn’t mention SLU? I’m guessing it’s not a big deal, just curious.

06805309-3F50-4C5A-8799-401F8116F6B6.png

61695850-6424-4A58-B498-3C9C21680E33.png

18 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Hey Pistol, should we do any reading between the lines that a Larry Jr and Martin didn’t mention SLU? I’m guessing it’s not a big deal, just curious.

06805309-3F50-4C5A-8799-401F8116F6B6.png

61695850-6424-4A58-B498-3C9C21680E33.png

I thought the same thing. Also found it interesting that we have three open scholarships (right? Jacobs, Thatch, Linssen? Okoro being 2023 after sitting out this year and playing two more?) where two of them are guards. So we should be full court pressing these two? I know its early, but still

Both Martin and Hughes are clearly getting high level attention - Purdue, Iowa, Ohio State

EDIT: wait Thatch will probably get a year, so only two open. The point stands

15 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I thought the same thing. Also found it interesting that we have three open scholarships (right? Jacobs, Thatch, Linssen? Okoro being 2023 after sitting out this year and playing two more?) where two of them are guards. So we should be full court pressing these two? I know its early, but still

Both Martin and Hughes are clearly getting high level attention - Purdue, Iowa, Ohio State

EDIT: wait Thatch will probably get a year, so only two open. The point stands

Recruiting just reopened yesterday, and we’re trying to get current guys on campus as well. Could be we’re just getting all our ducks in a row. But I heard we did reach out to Tarris Reed.

31 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

My thought is that it's a foregone conclusion SLU is talking to both of them. SLU is the only offer for each so far. When the recruiting period opens up for rising juniors, as it just did this week, is when these guys get flooded with new interest and a few new offers.

Reed showed a more comprehensive list, basically a combination of old and new. I get the impression Martin and Hughes were just saying "look who is calling now" as opposed to "here's everyone reaching out".

I'm not worried about it at all.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

My thought is that it's a foregone conclusion SLU is talking to both of them. SLU is the only offer for each so far. When the recruiting period opens up for rising juniors, as it just did this week, is when these guys get flooded with new interest and a few new offers.

Reed showed a more comprehensive list, basically a combination of old and new. I get the impression Martin and Hughes were just saying "look who is calling now" as opposed to "here's everyone reaching out".

I'm not worried about it at all.

That makes sense. It’s like when Nesbitt posted that graphic of all those schools and SLU wasn’t listed, turned out was just all the schools that most recently offered. 

Anyone know much about this guy?

Mikhail Abdul-Hamid at CBC, same class as LHII and Martin. Averaged about 5 PPG this season and didn't necessarily stand out but clearly there's some potential here.

Another 2022 to keep an eye on (Chaminade and CBC are pretty loaded in that class):

No word on whether SLU has reached out yet. But here's a new name:

Braden Appelhans out of the KC area. I'll get a bio up for him and put him on the interest list for 2022. Another one:

I'm sure there are more. I'll do some digging this afternoon when I get a chance.

SLU offered Nick Smith, a 2022 G from Arkansas who plays for the Brad Beal Elite program. He's been on the interest list for a long time. He's right at the end of the top 50 in most major recruiting services' rankings. Here's his bio as of two weeks ago, last time I updated:

Nick Smith, Jr. - PG, 6-2, 160 - Sherwood, AR (Sylvan Hills) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @ntsmith1402
Offers: St. John's, DePaul, Texas, Oklahoma State, Florida, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tulsa, Southern Miss, Oral Roberts.

Interest: Saint Louis, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Ohio State, Purdue, Iowa, Kansas State, Baylor, Auburn, Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Memphis, SMU, SIU-Carbondale, Belmont, Little Rock, Texas-Arlington, Liberty, Texas Southern, Alcorn State.

Latest News: Smith is in private workouts in Arkansas this spring/summer. (6/3/20)

Scouting Report: Smith is a smooth combo guard who sees the floor and creates for others but can pile up points himself. He scores on all three levels, finishing with both hands, creating space for himself in the mid-range, and has an excellent shot from the perimeter. He has a smooth game with great handles and is effective in transition and the half court. He has good length, too. Rankings: Rivals - 46, Prep Hoops - 48, 247Sports - 50, 247Sports Composite - 47, Future150 - 148.

The new interests - no offers for now:

Braden Appelhans - SG, 6-6, 175 - Blue Springs, MO (Blue Springs) - AAU: KC Run GMC - Twitter: @AppelhansBraden
Offers: None.

Interest: Saint Louis, Creighton, Wyoming, SIU-Carbondale, Drake, Belmont, Southeast Missouri, South Dakota State, Northern Colorado.

Latest News: Appelhans has heard from SLU, Creighton, Belmont, SEMO, Wyoming, Drake, and Northern Colorado since 2022 players could start receiving calls. (6/16/20)

Scouting Report: Appelhans is a long, lean, left-handed wing who scores on all three levels. He has a smooth stroke with serious range and can make it off the catch or create off the dribble. He's a smart player who read defenses well and knows how to play off screens. He uses his length to finish over smaller players but needs to add to his frame. He averaged 15.2 PPG as a sophomore, with a slashline of 43%/38%/85%.

Scotty Washington - SG, 6-5, 175 - Bellflower, CA (St. John Bosco) - AAU: California Stars - Twitter: @ScottyWashing12
Offers: TCU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Colorado State, Hofstra, Hawaii, UC-Santa Barbara, UC-Davis, Montana, Southern Utah, Cal State-Bakersfield.

Interest: Saint Louis, Duquesne, George Washington, Georgetown, Creighton, Virginia Tech, Illinois, USC, Arizona State, Oregon State, San Diego State, Nevada, Boise State, Utah State, Air Force, Saint Mary's, Santa Clara, Pepperdine, Portland, San Diego, Princeton, Columbia, Austin Peay, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Louisiana, Towson, UC-Irvine, UC-Riverside, Weber State, Montana State, Grand Canyon, Seattle, California Baptist.

Latest News: Washington heard from SLU and numerous others after the 2022 class could start hearing directly from schools. He received an offer from Hawaii. (6/16/20)

Scouting Report: Washington is a long, skilled guard who scores on all three levels. He has a smooth, controlled game and finds his spots. He was originally a 2021 recruit but reclassified to 2022. He missed most of the 2019-2020 season with a torn labrum and will take a prep year after finishing at St. John Bosco.

On 6/4/2020 at 12:43 PM, Spoon-Balls said:

Might be better for SLU for Hughes Jr to take off later in the recruitment process, prevents any blue bloods from swooping in and snagging him away from the Bills. 

I don’t think it matters. He’ll either want to stay home and play for a school his dad helped built or he’ll want to go elsewhere. Unlike jayson, LHJ has a coach worth playing for