Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

I watched the game and Reed was dominate on both ends. He even hit a 3 and had a nice jump shot. As mentioned, he completely shut down the 7’ Bradford.  I talked with a faculty member at Chaminade who confirmed he is very interested in SLU.

Sounds like this kid could really blow up the next couple of years. Happy Ford and his staff established a good relationship this early and hope it pays off. 

On 3/14/2020 at 8:23 PM, slu72 said:

Do we have a shot with him? 

slu72 Sure hope we are but I believe he also plays football and apparently is a very good football player. Many of us enjoyed watching his Dad in a Bills Uniform!

Luther Burden was offered by Alabama Football today. 

His football offers include Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, USC, Wisconsin, Texas, Arkansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Iowa, Kansas St. Mizzou, Illinois, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Arizona St., KU, Iowa St., TCU, West Virginia, Minnesota, Nebraska, Louisville, Indiana, etc...

12 hours ago, courtside said:

Luther Burden was offered by Alabama Football today. 

His football offers include Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, USC, Wisconsin, Texas, Arkansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Iowa, Kansas St. Mizzou, Illinois, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Arizona St., KU, Iowa St., TCU, West Virginia, Minnesota, Nebraska, Louisville, Indiana, etc...

Wow, I didn’t realize just how highly regarded he was. The fact he is a top 25 type football recruit likely eliminates any chance of him pursuing basketball beyond high school. Out of curiosity, how good is he as a basketball player? Just based on numbers, he averaged 11.1 points, 2.9 rebounds, 3.81 assists, and 2.03 steals as a sophomore.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

Wow, I didn’t realize just how highly regarded he was. The fact he is a top 25 type football recruit likely eliminates any chance of him pursuing basketball beyond high school. Out of curiosity, how good is he as a basketball player? Just based on numbers, he averaged 11.1 points, 2.9 rebounds, 3.81 assists, and 2.03 steals as a sophomore.

Bell was highly recruited as a lineman but he chose basketball.  You are though probably correct.

2 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Burden is a member of the USA Basketball national team program.

29 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Couldn't Jordan Goodwin have played D-1 football if he had wanted?

Yes.

Burden is much much better.  His basketball growth has taken a backseat to football.

4 hours ago, thetorch said:

Yes.

Burden is much much better.  His basketball growth has taken a backseat to football.

That second part is what I was wondering and the stats point to that being the case. It certainly makes, I had no idea he was such a stud on the football field.

• 3 weeks later...

Will Richardson - PG, 6-2, 180 - Teaneck, NJ (Bergen Catholic) - AAU: PSA Cardinals (Nike EYBL)
Offers: Saint Louis, Massachusetts, Penn State, Vanderbilt, Columbia, Stony Brook.

Interest: St. Joseph's, Notre Dame, Penn, Sacred Heart.

Latest News: Richardson received an offer from SLU. (4/7/20)

Scouting Report: Richardson is an athletic, high-scoring PG with an attacking style. He loves to run in transition and is dangerous with or without the ball. He scores on all three levels, with great rise on his jump shot. When he's going to the rim, he has excellent body control and finishes strong with either hand. He's an aggressive defender who uses his length to his advantage and he rebounds his position well. 

-He's a nice looking player. Led his team to the state final, which was cancelled before they could play it. Averaged 18.7 PPG this season as a sophomore and can play the 1 or 2. Plays fearless. Seems to have some #teamblue characteristics. I like him.

dennis_w likes this