Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Well I don't have a subscription but can read the write up on Larry Hughes Jr without it.  Can always use a shooter and is really 6'5" now?  

Link

Wow, I didn't think he was that tall already (we need to see him next to his dad to confirm; Larry Sr. is 6-5). He looked good in the highlight video against Bronny James' team earlier this AAU season. He can shoot it.

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

Well I don't have a subscription but can read the write up on Larry Hughes Jr without it.  Can always use a shooter and is really 6'5" now?  

Link

46 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Wow, I didn't think he was that tall already (we need to see him next to his dad to confirm; Larry Sr. is 6-5). He looked good in the highlight video against Bronny James' team earlier this AAU season. He can shoot it.

Kid has really shot up over the last couple of years.

26 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Why wouldn't he?  He's long been a booster for his alma mater.

right.  I'd be shocked if SLU isnt one of his main schools. 

30 minutes ago, willie said:

I don't have any stats but I can't think of too many kids who follow their father to the father's school. 

could be way of base, but every time I think of a father son duo, the father and son live in a different city than the school.  Its sorta like the fathers career took them away from where they are from and where the sr went to college, which is why a lot of sons dont follow. 

6 hours ago, willie said:

I don't have any stats but I can't think of too many kids who follow their father to the father's school. 

Go back 3 pages. Their is a list.

9 hours ago, cheeseman said:

I wonder if this continues if his dad will still advise him to go to SLU as he did to Tatum?

If he doesn’t it kind of makes him a hypocrite.

He spent years telling Tatum becoming a Billikens is best for him and it will get him the exposure he needs to go to the NBA. He was all about Tatum going to Saint Louis U, and from all accounts Tatum is basically family. 

Then, when his son is in the same scenario, the Bills aren’t good enough?

Obviously I would love Hughes 2.0 to end up in Billiken Blue but I hope he makes the best  decision for him and his family. I just think it would be a bad look for Larry to push so hard for Tatum and a few years later think his son should go to a different school. 

On 6/21/2019 at 5:12 PM, slusam said:

Tarris Reed, from Chaminade, picked up an offer from SLU

Tarris Reed, Jr. - PF, 6-8, 200 - St. Charles, MO (Chaminade) - AAU: MOKAN Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @TarrisReed_2022
Offers: Saint Louis, UMKC.

Interest: SIU-Edwardsville.

Latest News: Reed received offers from SLU and UMKC. (6/20/19)

Scouting Report: Reed is a big, long frontcourt player with a rapidly developing game. He's athletic and mobile around the basket, with a nice range of post moves and good footwork. He finishes with nice touch and draws fouls, not afraid to play a physical game. He has strong hands and gets plenty of offensive rebounds. He has good passing ability out of the post, as well.

-He gets the honor of the first 2022 offer for SLU - I'm sure we all assumed it would be Larry Hughes, Jr. He's having a great season for MOKAN and will no doubt be a huge factor at Chaminade in the next three seasons. Details are hard to come by for 2022 kids so far in terms of who's recruiting him, but I'll flesh out his profile as I find more.

i feel pretty sure larry jr has an offer.   they gave larry's daughter a scholarship and she barely plays.  the hughes kids are billikens.

11 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i feel pretty sure larry jr has an offer.   they gave larry's daughter a scholarship and she barely plays.  the hughes kids are billikens.

I would think Burden has one to at this point, too.  That may not matter if he decides to go football.  He is up to 17 offers now in football.  He has seven Big 10 offers, three SEC offers, three Big 12 offers and three ACC offers in football already.  

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

59 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I would think Burden has one to at this point, too.  That may not matter if he decides to go football.  He is up to 17 offers now in football.  He has seven Big 10 offers, three SEC offers, three Big 12 offers and three ACC offers in football already.  

When the freshman class section starts (usually late summer) on the Recruiting Lists thread, I try to find the top handful of local freshmen and put them on the Interest list, purely speculating who we'd be recruiting in that class. I think it's safe to say Hughes and Burden are squarely on the 2022 recruiting board for our staff. Just haven't been able to confirm official offers yet.

By the way, Burden is now over 20 offers for football (4 more aren't showing in the preview because of the low placement of the graphic):

Since that tweet, he added one from TCU, which would be #22.

8 minutes ago, Pistol said:

When the freshman class section starts (usually late summer) on the Recruiting Lists thread, I try to find the top handful of local freshmen and put them on the Interest list, purely speculating who we'd be recruiting in that class. I think it's safe to say Hughes and Burden are squarely on the 2022 recruiting board for our staff. Just haven't been able to confirm official offers yet.

By the way, Burden is now over 20 offers for football (4 more aren't showing in the preview because of the low placement of the graphic):

Since that tweet, he added one from TCU, which would be #22.

I think that actually shows 21 and he picked up an offer from TCU after that graphic was made to push it to 22.  So it is now 4 SEC schools, 5 Big 12, 2 PAC 12, 7 Big 10 and 3 ACC schools that have offered him.

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

From her bio (http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211685477&DB_OEM_ID=27200&Q_SEASON=2019) Larry's daugther (Lauryn) started her freshman year (2017-18) as a walk-on and was given a scholarship during the spring semester.  I'm not 100%, but I think that she was back to being a walk on during her Soph. year (2018-19).  I count 13 other players who I think were on scholarship.   11 played during the year - Haribson, Rice, McMahan, Jefferies, Frantz, Lindfors, Clark, Wilken, Flowers, Dusharm, Zars plus Smith Traore who sat as a transfer from Marquette plus Jaidah Stewart who come 2nd semester and sat as transfer from Houston equals 13.  If Lauryn was on scholarship, I don't think they would have been able to add Stewart.

I don't think this is relevant to Larry Jr having an offer or not.  I do think it speaks to how highly Larry thinks of SLU that his daughter attends even as a walk-on.  Presumably she could get a scholarship and earn playing time at a D-II school.

• 1 month later...

Jayden Epps - PG, 6-0, 150 - Norfolk, VA (King's Fork) - AAU: Boo Williams (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @Jaydenepps_
Offers: Saint Louis, Providence, Virginia Tech, Florida, Hampton, Norfolk State, Maryland-Eastern Shore.

Interest: Wake Forest, Clemson, Texas A&M, Murray State, Ohio, North Carolina Central.

Latest News: Epps received an offer from Virginia Tech. (8/9/19)

Scouting Report: Epps is a tough, skilled point guard with excellent handles and passing ability. He creates tons of opportunities for his teammates and can score on all three levels himself. He's strong and shifty going to the basket and finishes with either hand. He has an excellent feel for the game and is a lock-down defender.