Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

Because 2022 discussion is already happening in the 2021 thread, it's time.

Who do we need to be aware of locally?

Larry Hughes, Jr. - CBC

Rob Martin - CBC

Luther Burden, III - Cardinal Ritter

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 8:53 AM, Pistol said:

Because 2022 discussion is already happening in the 2021 thread, it's time.

Who do we need to be aware of locally?

Larry Hughes, Jr. - CBC

Rob Martin - CBC

Luther Burden, III - Cardinal Ritter

@Pistol, I think we should keep track of little tatum too, also 2022, enrolling into CBC

3 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Anybody know how good Tatum and Hughes are suppose to be?   Are they going to be D1 type players?  That would be cool to have a class of those two in 2022.  

young hughes utube video is very good.   and he is growing.    i would bet on him.   didnt even know tatum had an up and comer. 

Just now, billiken_roy said:

young hughes utube video is very good.   and he is growing.    i would bet on him.   didnt even know tatum had an up and comer. 

didnt either until jayson put up a post wishing his little brother a happy first day of HS. 

Why do people on this board think that kids of our former players will want to play for their fathers school. Seems to me most good players don't end up at their parents school. I would be interested in seeing a lot of examples of where this is wrong. 

5 minutes ago, willie said:

Why do people on this board think that kids of our former players will want to play for their fathers school. Seems to me most good players don't end up at their parents school. I would be interested in seeing a lot of examples of where this is wrong. 

i wont dispute your thinking but i will say that father and son hughes sit in the 6th row of most billiken games.   i.e. there is interest.   

While more than not they choose other schools, correct, most of the time those schools still play a part or have a decent chance. 

It isn't a guarantee but a solid way in if the kid is already a fan of the team.  Could be something they always wanted to do when they went to games growing up. 

Parker Braun whose mom played at Mizzou and had family play there is a walk-on this year until there is an open scholarship next year and he had offers from Illinois, Arizona and LSU.  I am not going to search for many examples but since that just happened and the kid went as a walk-on just to go there, figured I would mention it.  

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i wont dispute your thinking but i will say that father and son hughes sit in the 6th row of most billiken games.   i.e. there is interest.   

I'm not saying we don't have a chance or shouldn't recruit if he [they]are good,but just saying many on this board act like it's almost a given. Many kids want to start their own legacy. 

1 minute ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Just looked at that IG post. If Justin is 6'7, i'd say Jaycob has to be 6'3 at least, no? And he's just a freshman.

ya tall in the pic, different mom tho, so I guess that could be the deciding factor.

19 minutes ago, willie said:

I'm not saying we don't have a chance or shouldn't recruit if he [they]are good,but just saying many on this board act like it's almost a given. Many kids want to start their own legacy. 

i think in many instances the father goes elsewhere geographically after hitting it big (for example, shaq didnt go back to the bayou he moved to LA) in this case larry and tatum are right here in st louis.  larry is very committed to the billikens by all indications.   and i think justin is tied back in as well.   

i am convinced we lost jayson because of crewsplat and because jayson was recruited daily by coach k on that team usa nonsense (very unfair advantage to k imo) for about 2 months straight right before he committed.  ford and a fair recruiting platform would have won.  

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Can't wait to be heartbroken again in 2022 x 2 

As long as we get Burden's kid, I think I will be OK.

It is crazy to think one high school class in St Louis is going to have the kid of Larry Hughes, the kid of a another SLU player who scored over 1,300 points and Jayson Tatum's little brother.

dlarry likes this

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

As long as we get Burden's kid, I think I will be OK.

It is crazy to think one high school class in St Louis is going to have the kid of Larry Hughes, the kid of a another SLU player who scored over 1,300 points and Jayson Tatum's little brother.

This is an example of what I am talking about. I have not seen Luther around the program and have no idea as to whether he even had a good experience at SLU. I am not speaking with any knowledge about Burden just saying I do not see many kids following in their fathers footsteps. 

Edited by willie
Missing word

2 hours ago, willie said:

This is an example of what I am talking about. I have not seen Luther around the program and have no idea as to whether he even had a good experience at SLU. I am not speaking with any knowledge about Burden just saying I do not see many kids following in their fathers footsteps. 

I don’t think it is a given.The fact that he is Burden’s kid is not the reason why I want him.  I want him because right now he projects as the best player in his class.  I want to get the best player in just about every class locally.

14 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don’t think it is a given.The fact that he is Burden’s kid is not the reason why I want him.  I want him because right now he projects as the best player in his class.  I want to get the best player in just about every class locally.

I don’t disagree. I want all of these players if they are good. The point I am trying to make is just because their dad went to SLU doesn’t mean they will or even want to be recruited. 

1 hour ago, Scoop said:

Tatum was a Billiken in waiting.  SLU just didn't do everything it could have.  

only thing that could have been done was fire crews sooner.  I 100% blame him for not wanting to play under crews, I dont care how local the kid is