Ingvi on live

41 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

GD???

if i had spelled out the curse words it stood for it would have been censured.   it was not initials.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How has a discussion of four-year stiffs gone on this long without a mention of Justin Johnson?

Career stats:

Johnson - 11.3 MPG, 2.3 PPG, 2.1 RPG, 0.3 APG, 0.2 SPG, 0.2 BPG, 0.5 TPG, 1.3 FPG, .408/.000/.667.

Manning - 10.0 MPG, 1.9 PPG, 1.3 RPG, 0.3 APG, 0.2 SPG, 0.7 BPG, 0.5 TPG, 1.4 FPG, .467/.200/.581.

Husak - 11.5 MPG, 3.0 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 0.3 APG, 0.1 SPG, 0.7 BPG, 0.8 TPG, 1.4 FPG, .486/.400/.514.

Sports Reference has an "Advanced" section and Manning actually looks better than Johnson in that section (Husak is the best of the three). The normal stats are pretty close between the two. Johnson also had a redshirt year and Manning did not.

2. I really look forward to Ingvi's game tomorrow so this thread can get back on track.

24 minutes ago, Pistol said:

2. I really look forward to Ingvi's game tomorrow so this thread can get back on track.

What time is the game tomorrow?

4 minutes ago, almaman said:

was speaking of the above use of initials G.D. which I assumed was replacing God damn.

I know that, but it's still not God's initials.

I don't use or condone the phrase, but I've come to understand, over the years, that that's not what God means by the Third Commandment.  The term god is generic and can be applied to various things; God was prohibiting falsely declaring His character or actual name or swearing by it without sincerity or for purposes against His will.

The way those who use the phrase in question use it is synonymous to many common expressions of surprise, like "good grief," "gee whiz," "golly," or "egad."  If that were what God meant, we'd all be bound for hell.

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I know that, but it's still not God's initials.

I don't use or condone the phrase, but I've come to understand, over the years, that that's not what God means by the Third Commandment.  The term god is generic and can be applied to various things; God was prohibiting falsely declaring His character or actual name or swearing by it without sincerity or for purposes against His will.

The way those who use the phrase in question use it is synonymous to many common expressions of surprise, like "good grief," "gee whiz," "golly," or "egad."  If that were what God meant, we'd all be bound for hell.

Mods - Please delete this post or move it to the appropriate thread.

After a 29-5 first quarter, Germany is up 44-25 on Iceland at halftime.

Ingvi has 6 points on 2/10 shooting, 2/8 from the 3-point line. He also has 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 fouls, and 2 turnovers. He's playing a lot more today; 15:37 of court time so far.

I just turned it on so I haven't seen any of the game yet. Players are just coming back out onto the floor.

Ingvi is now 3/14 from the field, 2/9 from 3 and 1/5 from 2. He had a nice make off a give-and-go a few minutes ago, but then was blocked going to the basket two possessions in a row. Defensively, he didn't close out and his man buried a 3, and then a minute later he got a hand in his face and the dude still buried another. Germany has a much bigger, better team. 53-33 now.

Today, Iceland looks to be anywhere behind the 3 point line. Only 2/10 for IG from deep.

I will give him credit though in that it looks like if the Iceland offense doesn't run through him it's pretty much doomed for the possession. He leads his team with 6 of Ice's 14 assists, which also means he's not exactly getting great passes leading to his shots and many are contested. He did have a cool behind the back assist in the lane on a fast break for example.

77-63 Germany is the final score. Iceland played hard in the fourth quarter and Germany let off the gas a bit, made some poor decisions. #14 for Iceland got hot, too, and finished 5/9 from the perimeter (the team was 9/41 from deep).

Ingvi ended up with 31 minutes, 8 points on 3/16 shooting (1/5 from 2 and 2/11 from 3), 6 rebounds, 8 assists, 4 turnovers, 1 steal, and 3 fouls.

He's the only guy on the floor for Iceland who looks the part, like someone with some actual higher-level ability. Today was clearly not his day shooting - good looking shots weren't falling, and he took some rushed, deep, or contested shots in the second half - but when he focused more on facilitating down the stretch, Iceland started clicking. He's a nice passer. He'd easily have had double-digit assists if his teammates were better finishers. A couple of his turnovers were from forcing it out of frustration, and a couple were bad luck. 

It's hard to tell exactly how he'll translate, going from the best player on a bad U-20 national team to a young role player on a good college team. But the skill set and potential appear to be in place and getting over to SLU and working out with the team and getting more individual coaching should be good for him. I've been a big fan of his brother at Davidson, and he looks like he's about 2 inches taller, but otherwise has a similar all-around game. He looks like a bigger, more raw version of Jon Axel. I don't expect as much out of Ingvi early on - his brother has started all but 2 games for Davidson in his first 2 seasons - but if he ends up being anywhere near that good, I'd be very happy.