Van Macon Gets Promoted

Link:  https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/macon-named-associate-head-coach-by-slu-s-ford/article_55139735-b5de-5172-bbeb-76d335917d1b.html

With this promotion, that leads me to this question.  When looking at the assistants under Ford, what are each of their strengths?  Is Tate the ace recruiter?  Tactically, is Macon the one most often turned to?  Who works with the frontcourt?  backcourt?  Would you say that overall the staff under Ford is above or below A-10 standards?

I think it would be pretty hard, with the recruiting successes, to say that this staff is below standards. Ford is the leader of the recruiting train, but no way this level of success happens without the entire staff pushing in the same direction. 

The article said Macon handles big men. 

6 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I think it would be pretty hard, with the recruiting successes, to say that this staff is below standards. Ford is the leader of the recruiting train, but no way this level of success happens without the entire staff pushing in the same direction. 

The article said Macon handles big men. 

I don't have a subscription to the Post, so appreciate the insight.

I think Ford did a great job coaching last year with a short bench. I also think a case can be made that it's easier to coach with a short bench. Fewer options. I will be interested to see how differently we may play this year. For the last 2 years his teams got better and more competitive as the year went on. That is a sign of a good coach. 

I saw the article on Stltoday before I came on here. And I thought it was deja vu all over again.  Here is the posting from a couple of weeks ago:

https://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28272-van-macon-staying-promoted/&tab=comments#comment-562771

Jon Rothstein had it first.

Zink likes this