Nice PD article on Tramaine Isabell

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ben-frederickson/benfred-from-frustrated-tiger-to-slu-s-seasoned-vet-isabell/article_84f697e7-570a-5d60-bc7d-aaa469fcd65e.html

Sounds like a more mature player than what he was at Mizzou.  The excitement for 2018-2019 season continues to grow.

GBL_Bills and slufanskip like this

The questions surrounding this team were about Senior leadership, guard play, and shooting. Isabell answers two of the three of those questions firmly. For a young man, still only 22, to realize his past mistakes and reflect so openly on them is awesome. You can guarantee he is going to be well received in the locker room and that he is going to make an impact on his team. 

I thought I had reached max hype levels, I haven't, someone turn on some Pitbull. 

-with the way the Cardinals are going, the market will probably need a jolt of positive sports and the Billikens are just the team to deliver

-I like the process TI used to select where he will play, good to know we are not the only ones, along with Jon Rothstein, that believe we will be good this season 

-I too was captured by the Mashburn comparison for CAG, to be compared to a guy that became the 4th overall pick in the draft, high praise

-the anticipation for this season just continues to build for me

Excellent piece. I really appreciate when a dude owns his mistakes. He was candid with his perspective. I also LOVED him going through each of the returning players and explaining what he could do for each of them and why this roster is a good fit for him and vice versa. Most guys are more vague about their process of picking a school; he broke down his process exactly. He comes across as smart and hungry.

So good.

9 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Excellent piece. I really appreciate when a dude owns his mistakes. He was candid with his perspective. I also LOVED him going through each of the returning players and explaining what he could do for each of them and why this roster is a good fit for him and vice versa. Most guys are more vague about their process of picking a school; he broke down his process exactly. He comes across as smart and hungry.

So good.

Ford has referenced a couple times that Isabell could play in the NBA if he has a good season. Legit or... hype?

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

So good.

You got to love a player watching hours of game film to find the best fit.  If he will put the time in on that, he will put the time into the other areas needed for him to succeed.

4 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Ford has referenced a couple times that Isabell could play in the NBA if he has a good season. Legit or... hype?

He seems small for the NBA. If he had a good year, i could see him being a two way contract kind of guy. He can probably latch on with the G League, work on his PG skills, maybe get a 10 day contract sometime. 

10 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

If kostas can get drafted, Isabel can. 

Kostas didn’t even start in the A10

The last Grad Transfer to get drafted by the NBA was......?  I don't believe any GT's have ever been drafted by the NBA.  

38 minutes ago, WUH said:

Is there any chance the towel reference is slang for "I do not have a Post Dispatch subscription, do you mind pasting the article here?"

If you are viewing in Google Chrome, click on those 3 vertical dots at the top right of the screen and then click on "new incognito window". That should solve ALL of your problems. All of them.

MattyMo213 and WUH like this

1 hour ago, majerus mojo said:

Reid Travis will be one 

Come back next year and discuss after the draft. 

Just sayin' the NBA doesn't waste draft choices on 24 year olds.  They would let them try the Summer League first.  Isabell will be 23 next week (and 24 before he would theoretically don an NBA jersey.)

But wouldn't it be nice if Isabell has the same impact that Travis likely will have in his year at KY.

33 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Come back next year and discuss after the draft. 

Just sayin' the NBA doesn't waste draft choices on 24 year olds.  They would let them try the Summer League first.  Isabell will be 23 next week (and 24 before he would theoretically don an NBA jersey.)

But wouldn't it be nice if Isabell has the same impact that Travis likely will have in his year at KY.

Buddy would have been drafted 1st round still even if he stayed and played his 5th year.

6 hours ago, WUH said:

Is there any chance the towel reference is slang for "I do not have a Post Dispatch subscription, do you mind pasting the article here?"

It obviously refers to Majerus & the towel story 😃