Open Letter to Coach Ford & Staff

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Yes.

Which makes all the sense in the world to do it.

Only if you want to piss off a big part of our season ticket holders.  Can we move on from this issue and get back to Billiken BB?

46 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Not something I feel strongly about, but isn't Chaifetz on Compton?

ahhh.... yeah Jim Crews ruined our opportunity to capitalize on that.... too late 

11 minutes ago, bauman said:

Only if you want to piss off a big part of our season ticket holders.  Can we move on from this issue and get back to Billiken BB?

I don't think it would piss anyone off if you gave SLU students blue Straight Out of Compton Ave   Tshirts. I just don't think most fans will connect with it. That said, it's 2017 and that reference just isn't current anymore.

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I don't think it would piss anyone off if you gave SLU students blue Straight Out of Compton Ave   Tshirts. I just don't think most fans will connect with it. That said, it's 2017 and that reference just isn't current anymore.

Bad post. It's 2018.

NextYearBill likes this

21 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

when will 2016 ever end????

BuiltFordBills likes this

8 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I had this "Straight Outta Compton" idea back in December 2013 (which was over a year before the film came out in August 2015):

Granted my lyrics for the song sucked and I didn't advocate printing up T-shirts, but still...too late now.

"genius basketball mind named Jim Crews"

You should have to serve a suspension from this site for that language

BuiltFordBills likes this

46 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

"genius basketball mind named Jim Crews"

You should have to serve a suspension from this site for that language

In my defense, this was December 2013.  The team was 8 - 2  (losses to Wisconsin & Wichita State) and in the very early stages of a historic 19 game win streak.  Crews was coming off a coach of the year award for guiding the team to the NCAAs the previous season in the wake of Majerus' passing.  I was getting psyched up for a big game against Wofford that day,  so I was not thinking clearly (nor did I have the hindsight of Crews orchestrating the largest free fall into mediocrity our program had seen).  I wanted to try to rhyme Crew(s) with Lou and what was I supposed to say "future program killer named Jim Crews".

Even so - I probably deserve a suspension - see you guys in the fall.

I'll leave you with these updated lyrics:

Straight down on Compton, superstar coach named T Ford

Bringing so much talent, he's loved on the Bills.com board

Littlebill likes this