Open Letter to Coach Ford & Staff

Thank you for the recent spurt of PR for the team.  Keep it up.  Love it.  Got to get the St. Louis area hyped for the coming season.  SLU has local and out-of-state stars on the team; a great "product" will be hitting the floor this Fall.

The SLU Billiken hardcore fan base cannot get enough of it ..... pics, practice video, player profiles and interviews.  KEEP IT UP ....... PLEASE.

This coming season can't come soon enough for many of us, highly anticipated.   

And the updates are a relief to endless news of our floundering Redbirds. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Thank you for the recent spurt of PR for the team.  Keep it up.  Love it.  Got to get the St. Louis area hyped for the coming season.  SLU has local and out-of-state stars on the team; a great "product" will be hitting the floor this Fall.

The SLU Billiken hardcore fan base cannot get enough of it ..... pics, practice video, player profiles and interviews.  KEEP IT UP ....... PLEASE.

This coming season can't come soon enough for many of us, highly anticipated.   

And the updates are a relief to endless news of our floundering Redbirds. 

The subject of this thread should read Open Letter to @Brian Kunderman. @Quality Is Job 1 Please modify, thank you. 

Billikid likes this

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

The subject of this thread should read Open Letter to @Brian Kunderman. @Quality Is Job 1 Please modify, thank you. 

Isn’t Michael Wilson the one in charge of filming and editing the highlight videos for the basketball team?  Wilson came to SLU with Ford from OSU.

Billikid likes this

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

He is posting content created by someone else. What makes the posts cool are the video packages.

Fine Open Letter to BK and Michael Wilson

I’m 2 Zimas in and don’t care enough but BK is also doing the creative work as well. All of the photos are BK. 

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Fine Open Letter to BK and Michael Wilson 

I think the original title "to Coach Ford AND STAFF" covers it since they are working for Coach Ford and I'm sure he is pushing to get as much pub as possible, including the promised story tomorrow by Ben Fred in the PD.

Just now, bauman said:

I think the original title "to Coach Ford AND STAFF" covers it since they are working for Coach Ford and I'm sure he is pushing to get as much pub as possible, including the promised story tomorrow by Ben Fred in the PD.

Who works for Ford again because I’m sure the sports information directors don’t...

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I’m pretty sure Michael wilson is in charge of doing filming and breaking down of the film as far as practices and games. Im 100% sure kunderman is in charge of filming and such when it comes to social media. 

At OSU Wilson duties included all OSU basketball highlight videos and video recruiting packages.  Now I guess Ford could have moved those duties away from Wilson when he got here and decided it was best to let people who have done a lackluster job for years at these things to be in charge of the image his actual team presents to the public and recruits

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

At OSU Wilson duties included all OSU basketball highlight videos and video recruiting packages.  Now I guess Ford could have moved those duties away from Wilson when he got here and decided it was best to let people who have done a lackluster job for years at these things to be in charge of the image his actual team presents to the public and recruits

Ok don’t believe me, but what I’m telling you is 100% fact.

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

No, it should not.  I want the man at the top make noise and push everyone else for more PR.  Ford's the one who can get the wheels spinning.

You have no clue, per usual. Travis Ford is only the one getting the wheels spinning in that he’s put together a compelling team. Jesus Christ, we condemn the people in marketing/SID when things are and then we don’t give them the credit they deserve when they are the ones taking the initiative to create large amounts of great content for us die hards. 

Ford understands the importance of social media, and giving fans behind the scenes access for sure but to think that he’s telling people in the athletic department what to do or pushing for more as far as social media and content creation is crazy. He’s focused on one thing and that’s improving the team every day.