Good luck Mickey Pearson!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, kshoe said:

What part of “he didn’t sign with FAU, that was just a friend from 2 months ago” do you not get?

As someone that reads most threads I notice many of your responses suggest you don’t actually read all the thread before responding. Old guys idiotic post has been disproven and if you had continued to read the thread you would have seen that.

I went back and reread the thread and it seems that there was confusion that apparently I missed.  Mickey if you stay close to home then you have my sincere apology.  Kshoe thank you for clearing this up.

9 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

He did the same with another prospect recently too. A kid retweeted a friend’s commitment and old guy posted on the board that the kid himself had committed. He doesn’t know how twitter works, so he probably shouldn’t be trashing kids based off of it. 

He knows the difference between and a retweet.

Over the years he shown himself to be pretty adept at twitter for someone supposedly in his 70's.  I am not buying that he has in the past month become confused with how twitter works.

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

Let Pearson go.  Kids do this all the time.  Pearson.  Tilmon.  Pickett.  Ramey. 

You left out the biggies; Porter dumped UW likely costing Zo his dream job, and Watson bailed on Ohio St., although I'm not sure Watson had signed an LOI. Funny how The Poach Coach got 3 of those guys.

On 6/26/2018 at 9:29 AM, brianstl said:

He knows the difference between and a retweet.

Over the years he shown himself to be pretty adept at twitter for someone supposedly in his 70's.  I am not buying that he has in the past month become confused with how twitter works.

You obviously don't understand how old age works.😉

9 hours ago, JMM28 said:

This would be a strange move. No idea if it’s a strong source or not. 

I have no knowledge of what Pearson is doing.  But L'ville already has 3 walk on's. 

Wyatt Battaile, who helped Pikeville High reach the state's Sweet 16 last season, announced his decision via Twitter. The 6-foot-5 Battaile was originally committed to Morehead State but accepted a preferred walk-on spot with the Cardinals instead.

Battaile joins Jacob Redding and South Oldham High alum Jo Griffin among Louisville's walk-ons. He averaged 24.1 points and 8.6 rebounds per game as a high school senior.

I was kinda suspecting tool. Very well could be a case of the locals getting in his ear and telling him he is too good for SLU. I'm hopeful that we make multiple Tourney appearances  while he plays for an SEC bottom feeder.

dlarry likes this

4 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Now that it appears Pearson is really trying to get to a "better" school regardless of the distance from Elizabethtown and his dear "sick"  grandmother, I feel free to post again what I deleted several days ago. Mickey go ____ yourself, hope you ride the pine wherever you wind up at. Tool.

SAVAGE

11 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Now that it appears Pearson is really trying to get to a "better" school regardless of the distance from Elizabethtown and his dear "sick"  grandmother, I feel free to post again what I deleted several days ago. Mickey go ____ yourself, hope you ride the pine wherever you wind up at. Tool.

What’s up with you lately? This is another really vitriolic post. You do know that everyone else calls guys who don’t come here “tools” in jest? He’s an 18yo kid trying to make it. This might be a poor decision on his part that he’ll regret, but come on. No need to slam young men on the internet for perceived slights against a basketball team/school you support. Also, maybe his grandma (or whoever he wants to be nearer) doesn’t even live in Elizabethtown??

On 6/26/2018 at 10:53 AM, Taj79 said:

Let Pearson go.  Kids do this all the time.  Pearson.  Tilmon.  Pickett.  Ramey. 

You can find a few examples if you search hard, but what Pearson is doing does not happen "all the time." In fact, it is pretty rare - to sign a LOI and then de-commit when there has NOT been a coaching change. The examples you cite, all involved coaching changes (Illinois and Louisville).

25 minutes ago, Old guy said:

This is much harsher than anything I would say and to be honest his leaving doesn't even bother me.

But Old Guy, I like the new brash, go F yourself attitude that has been on display. I don't necessarily agree with it but I like it.