Good luck Mickey Pearson!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. If he goes to UofL or Xavier good for him.  No offense to SLU but they both play in better conferences.  If everything stayed the same and SLU played in the Big East, this kid isn't leaving.

2. Most years to SLU this is a tough lost.  This year it's more of an oh well.  This kid wouldn't have been a factor this year.  His scholarship will be used on a better player in the future.  

3. Still want a full court press on Lagerald Vick.  

52 minutes ago, TJHawk said:

1. If he goes to UofL or Xavier good for him.  No offense to SLU but they both play in better conferences.  If everything stayed the same and SLU played in the Big East, this kid isn't leaving.

2. Most years to SLU this is a tough lost.  This year it's more of an oh well.  This kid wouldn't have been a factor this year.  His scholarship will be used on a better player in the future.  

Lol. I guess this post is slightly better because it’s from a KU fan vs. MU? 

So bad 😂😂

What part do you disagree with?

1. The Big East is a better conference?

2. SLU has better talant now and can afford to lose this kid?

3. The way this roster is built SLU needs a guy who can hit 3's.

I don't think I said anything controversial.

1 hour ago, TJHawk said:

Typical patronizing post from ku hawk.  We just aren't worthy are we?   You are such a d!ck.

CBFan, Billiken Rich and TRN like this

32 minutes ago, TJHawk said:

What part do you disagree with?

1. The Big East is a better conference?

2. SLU has better talant now and can afford to lose this kid?

3. The way this roster is built SLU needs a guy who can hit 3's.

I don't think I said anything controversial.

I probably will regret answering your question but number one in your other post is BS quit pretending you don’t understand.

Suggestion, delete number one and cheer on your J Hawks the Billiken fans know the Big East is better we didn’t need to hear it from a J Hawk.

Where did you get that from my post?  I said because of SLU's talent level they don't need him.  If a kid leaves ANY school for Louisville or Xavier and you honestly can say you don't need him that's a pretty big complement towards the program.  

As far as the Big East part maybe I could have worded it better.  The part where I say all things staying the same was me saying SLU has everything facility wise as a power conference school.  The only thing Xavier or Louisville have on SLU is tradition and conference.  In a parallel universe you could reverse Xavier and SLU's fortune.

1 hour ago, TJHawk said:

Where did you get that from my post?  I said because of SLU's talent level they don't need him.  If a kid leaves ANY school for Louisville or Xavier and you honestly can say you don't need him that's a pretty big complement towards the program.  

As far as the Big East part maybe I could have worded it better.  The part where I say all things staying the same was me saying SLU has everything facility wise as a power conference school.  The only thing Xavier or Louisville have on SLU is tradition and conference.  In a parallel universe you could reverse Xavier and SLU's fortune.

Pearson would be too iffy for Louisville and X in any normal class for them.  I am not convinced that either one is really all that interested.  I think it may be more his people trying to get them interested.

SLU_Lax and ChangeOfPace like this

2 hours ago, TJHawk said:

I actually agree with TJ Hawk...this is the one team under Ford that could afford this loss (still not thrilled he left). If he goes to X or UofL it’s because they are desperate for players right now. Look at all the grad transfers they took. 

If Vick is available and wants to come here, he would be our best player as of today. We would be foolish not to take him. He is a blue blood that wouldn’t need any development. He is not coming here but if he takes MP’s scholarship, good lord. We could be a Sweet 16 Team or better. 

7 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

I actually agree with TJ Hawk...this is the one team under Ford that could afford this loss (still not thrilled he left). If he goes to X or UofL it’s because they are desperate for players right now. Look at all the grad transfers they took. 

If Vick is available and wants to come here, he would be our best player as of today. We would be foolish not to take him. He is a blue blood that wouldn’t need any development. He is not coming here but if he takes MP’s scholarship, good lord. We could be a Sweet 16 Team or better. 

Pearson scholarship is taken. Unless something changes there are no scholarships available 

Mickey Pearson just tweeted that he recommitted to play college basketball for Florida Atlantic University. Florida Atlantic University is located in Boca Raton, just north of Ft. Lauderdale, that is close to the southern tip of Florida. Florida Atlantic ranked 11th in CUSA 2017, 

This makes it clearly evident that his main reason for dropping off from SLU was his very strong committment to stay physically close to his sick grandmother, is it not?. For those of you who believed the story of the sick grandmother, here is Mickey going to play in a College located at the southern tip of Florida. 

2 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Mickey Pearson just tweeted that he recommitted to play college basketball for Florida Atlantic University. Florida Atlantic University is located in Boca Raton, just north of Ft. Lauderdale, that is close to the southern tip of Florida. Florida Atlantic ranked 11th in CUSA 2017, 

This makes it clearly evident that his main reason for dropping off from SLU was his very strong committment to stay physically close to his sick grandmother, is it not?. For those of you who believed the story of the sick grandmother, here is Mickey going to play in a College located at the southern tip of Florida. 

Maybe his grandmother lives in Florida?

C-USA is a far cry from what it was when SLU was a member.  This makes it seem like Pearson preferred to be a big fish in a small pond and didn't see himself standing out at SLU.

10 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Old Guy what you smoking this am 

BillikenBoy10 likes this

This is what I found this morning. No smoke of any kind involved

Mickey Pearson - Verbal Commits

ww.verbalcommits.com/players/mickey-pearson

Mickey Pearson Tweets. 3 ... Beyond blessed to announce that I have committed to play college basketball at Florida Atlantic University! ... Mickey Pearson.

The grandmother may or may not be sick but withdrawing from SLU means Mikey wanted to be the star of a team, and cast his lot with Florida Atlantic University.

TFord and TRavs likes this

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

RT @Jay2Sebree: Beyond blessed to announce that I have committed to play college basketball at Florida Atlantic University! ... Mickey Pearson. Leave Feedback.

The grandmother may or may not be sick but withdrawing from SLU means Mikey wanted to be the star of a team, and cast his lot with Florida Atlantic University.

Interesting. Makes no sense to me unless there is something fishy no one else is being told. Worse team, worse conference, worse facilities, worse education. Doesn’t make sense to me

15 minutes ago, Old guy said:

RT @Jay2Sebree: Beyond blessed to announce that I have committed to play college basketball at Florida Atlantic University! ... Mickey Pearson. Leave Feedback.

First of all, I didn’t see this on either Pearson’s page on Verbal Commits or his Twitter Page. 

I did a little digging. The tweet about FAU is Pearson re-tweeting a tweet from April about another player, likely a friend, committing to FAU. Not Pearson himself.

Old Guy taking L’s all over this thread.

19 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

First of all, I didn’t see this on either Pearson’s page on Verbal Commits or his Twitter Page. 

I did a little digging. The tweet about FAU is Pearson re-tweeting a tweet from April about another player, likely a friend, committing to FAU. Not Pearson himself.

Old Guy taking L’s all over this thread.

Ha! I had a feeling it was a retweet. Old Guy, didn't you make this same mistake a few weeks back? Not a big deal, it happens, but this is the first thing that popped into my head:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again"

Here is the tweet in question:

Mickey retweeted this in April. It's a commitment to FAU by Jaylen Sebree from Hopkinsville, Kentucky. He's a friend of Pearson's from HS and AAU ball. He's also a really nice get for FAU. But he isn't also Mickey Pearson himself.

Good grief.