Good luck Mickey Pearson!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't lie and say I'm not disappointed about Pearson wanting out of SLU. The kid's ceiling is sky high. He could have had a really nice career here.

I know there are some conflicting stories about why he wanted out and where he'll end up, and I'm not certain which one is the truth, or whether it's a combination. Regardless, I wish him the best and will be interested to see how things play out for him.

LindellWest likes this

24 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I can't lie and say I'm not disappointed about Pearson wanting out of SLU. The kid's ceiling is sky high. He could have had a really nice career here.

I know there are some conflicting stories about why he wanted out and where he'll end up, and I'm not certain which one is the truth, or whether it's a combination. Regardless, I wish him the best and will be interested to see how things play out for him.

Good post. I think KC can be a good “replacement.” His body, while not as long, seems more college ready. 

34 minutes ago, Pistol said:

-yep, I am in this boat but hopeful that he goes prep and we get him for 2019-20 and I have no idea if any of this is a possibility

20 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Good post. I think KC can be a good “replacement.” His body, while not as long, seems more college ready. 

I mean I hope, but did he shoot anywhere like MP did his last two years of HS?

21 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I mean I hope, but did he shoot anywhere like MP did his last two years of HS?

Pearson made 73/190 3-pointers this season, for 38.4%. I don't have his percentage from the year before but he made 54 3-pointers and I think he was close to 40%.

Hankton's coach tweeted shortly before his SLU commitment that he shot 44% from 3. The MaxPreps number was 31% for his senior year and 50% for his junior year, but we've already shown that the MaxPreps numbers were incomplete, anyway. My guess is he's closer to his coach's percentage than the MaxPreps percentage for his senior year, even if 44% might be rounding up.

Bear in mind that Hankton played with a much stronger supporting cast and therefore probably got better looks overall, while Pearson was the focus of opposing defenses every game. This also meant Hankton's overall points were lower because they weren't relying on him to carry the load each time.

So overall, they seem pretty close in terms of perimeter shooting ability. Pearson shot at a higher volume and Hankton at a slightly higher percentage (probably), but they're not far off.

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Pearson made 73/190 3-pointers this season, for 38.4%. I don't have his percentage from the year before but he made 54 3-pointers and I think he was close to 40%.

Hankton's coach tweeted shortly before his SLU commitment that he shot 44% from 3. The MaxPreps number was 31% for his senior year and 50% for his junior year, but we've already shown that the MaxPreps numbers were incomplete, anyway. My guess is he's closer to his coach's percentage than the MaxPreps percentage for his senior year, even if 44% might be rounding up.

Bear in mind that Hankton played with a much stronger supporting cast and therefore probably got better looks overall, while Pearson was the focus of opposing defenses every game. This also meant Hankton's overall points were lower because they weren't relying on him to carry the load each time.

So overall, they seem pretty close in terms of perimeter shooting ability. Pearson shot at a higher volume and Hankton at a slightly higher percentage (probably), but they're not far off.

cheers, pistol. 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

These are petty much my thoughts exactly.  I was intrigued by Pearson and excited to see what he would be do at SLU.

Where he ends up will probably tell us a lot about why he asked out of his LOI.  If he ends up closer to home (not a ton of options that are significantly closer than SLU), that tells us it is likely some kind of family matter as has been speculated.  If he ends up at a power 5 school somewhere, that tells us that he likely got a big head / perhaps some tampering occurred which seems unlikely to me given that SLU released him pretty easily.  If he winds up just somewhere else that is similar to SLU, that likely tells us that either he just didn't see the fit with SLU anymore and asked out or that SLU didn't see the fit with him.

2010andBeyond likes this

18 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

These are petty much my thoughts exactly.  I was intrigued by Pearson and excited to see what he would be do at SLU.

Where he ends up will probably tell us a lot about why he asked out of his LOI.  If he ends up closer to home (not a ton of options that are significantly closer than SLU), that tells us it is likely some kind of family matter as has been speculated.  If he ends up at a power 5 school somewhere, that tells us that he likely got a big head / perhaps some tampering occurred which seems unlikely to me given that SLU released him pretty easily.  If he winds up just somewhere else that is similar to SLU, that likely tells us that either he just didn't see the fit with SLU anymore and asked out or that SLU didn't see the fit with him.

Western Kentucky is about 80 miles from Elizabethtown 

39 minutes ago, slusam said:

Western Kentucky is about 80 miles from Elizabethtown 

I'm not positive, but I think WKU is over-committed on  2018  schollies at this moment.  But as with any school, things can change between now and tip off.  WKU has stepped up their profile, with 5* Charles Bassey coming in recently.  They have 8 newcomers.  It would be a nice landing local spot for Pearson but not sure they have room. 

Pearson's HS basketball team's Twitter account just posted this:

The account also just started following Chris Mack, and there's this article from a fan site.

Only other chatter I'm seeing so far is from a few WKU and Xavier fans, but not much of substance yet.

2 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I am sorry to see this tweet in the John Harding basketball account. Lots of players think they are hotter than hot, because in their high school careers they indeed are one of the best. The thing they do not realize is that however good you are locally, regionally, or state wise, there are always lots of other players that are better than you are. I felt sorry for Pearson's family illness, but seeing this "now available" post all I can say is: "Mickey go f__k yourself and hope you ride the pine wherever you go." 

you ok?