Collegesportsmadness' Top 144

bauman

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I have a feeling it was more of Ford being a pain on the scheduling side of things. 

I have a feeling that it probably had to do with only having one home and home to start next season.  In that situation I would take Seton Hall over Loyola.  Plus, that game slot just happened to be when Loyola is playing their exempt tournament.  Sometime even if you would like to start a series, it isn’t possible.  

Next year the Billikens have more options available when you have Butler, Houston, SIU and Oregon St coming off the schedule

On 9/15/2018 at 8:52 AM, bauman said:

Taking baby steps.  #58 last year to #53 this year.  Probably a reasonable prediction for non-Billiken fans who don't know as much about the team as we do.  Subtle indication that they think the A-10 is going to have a down year when the league champ is only # 53 in the country.  Hopefully they, like many others, have unrated us.

Just using their predictions, it looks like they see us losing to FSU, Butler, Houston, and possibly at SH (#55).  Throw in 2 Conf away game losses  and this would give us 6 losses heading into the A-10 tournament which we would need to win with 6 losses on our record.  I think we will 2 of the 4 OOC games mentioned above and have one-not two- in Conference away loss, meaning we enter the A-10 tournament with 3 losses.  If we would lose one game in that tournament (hopefully it would be in the final) I think that would get us in.  Of course, I'd rather just win that tournament and get in automatically.

I don’t believe that 25-6 with a 16-2 record in the A-10 means we’d have to win the conference tourney to get in. We'd have won the A-10 regular season going away in that scenario.

I understand the A-10 may not be as good as usual, but that’s still a lot of wins and our computer ranking will likely be fine. To that point, Rhode Island was 25-7 on selection Sunday last year and still earned a 7 seed.

SLU_Lax likes this

Can pretty much /end thread now since the last common interest is off.

Mizzou comes in at #44.  How, I have no clue.  After Tilmon and porter, which is solid front court, Jordan Giest is the next best player.  The talent drop after #2 is crazy bad. 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Mizzou comes in at #44.  How, I have no clue.  After Tilmon and porter, which is solid front court, Jordan Giest is the next best player.  The talent drop after #2 is crazy bad. 

And I think I saw that Giest isn't playing this year.  SPUMAC coming in a #44 just shows the value of being in a P5 conference.  I think they are predicted to be 8th in the SEC and we are predicted to win the A-10 and come in at #53.  I have no desire to hurt our SOS by playing Columbia, MOU, but it would have been nice to have them on the schedule this year to kick their @$$.  They lost their top two scorers and do not return anyone who averaged in double figures but come in at #44??????  They don't have anyone to take the court every game for the 20 minutes that Tilmon is on the bench!

In more positive SPUMAC news, McKinney verballed to them yesterday-what a surprise, but it is a good get as they wait for Liddell to make his choice.

I know, I know, who gives a $h!^ about SPUMAC!!!

1 minute ago, bauman said:

And I think I saw that Giest isn't playing this year.  SPUMAC coming in a #44 just shows the value of being in a P5 conference.  I think they are predicted to be 8th in the SEC and we are predicted to win the A-10 and come in at #53.  I have no desire to hurt our SOS by playing Columbia, MOU, but it would have been nice to have them on the schedule this year to kick their @$$.  They lost their top two scorers and do not return anyone who averaged in double figures but come in at #44??????  They don't have anyone to take the court every game for the 20 minutes that Tilmon is on the bench!

In more positive SPUMAC news, McKinney verballed to them yesterday-what a surprise, but it is a good get as they wait for Liddell to make his choice.

As I was telling a mizzou friend the other day.  If I were drafting a 6 man team between the two teams, Tilmon and Porter are the only 2 mizzou players.   Their guard play next year will be painful to watch.  Although I think Watson is a nice 4 year player.

30 minutes ago, wgstl said:

As I was telling a mizzou friend the other day.  If I were drafting a 6 man team between the two teams, Tilmon and Porter are the only 2 mizzou players.   Their guard play next year will be painful to watch.  Although I think Watson is a nice 4 year player.

Goodwin

Porter

Bess

French 

Isabell

Gordon

Who gets kicked for Tilmon?

33 minutes ago, bauman said:

And I think I saw that Giest isn't playing this year.

I don't think that is right.  You might be thinking of Cullen VanLeer who had a pretty bad injury at the end of last season and would've missed most/all of this year anyways.

Mizzou will be decent, but IMO they're probably a little worse than last year which makes them a bubble team and I could see them missing the tournament if things don't go right.

50 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I don't think that is right.  You might be thinking of Cullen VanLeer who had a pretty bad injury at the end of last season and would've missed most/all of this year anyways.

Mizzou will be decent, but IMO they're probably a little worse than last year which makes them a bubble team and I could see them missing the tournament if things don't go right.

I think it depends on how good is Porter. Can he carry a team? I also think Tilman has a ton of potential if he can stay on the court. That said we would kick their ass. 

1 hour ago, bauman said:

In less positive news and speaking of the P5 thing, I did find it funny leading up to the Georgia game Dave Matter kept saying if Mizzou can't sell out that game if they are undefeated going into it, they don't deserve to be in the SEC because they won't be able to compete financially.  They are spending a ton of money renovating the stadium even though they can't sell out right now and if they miss out on Liddell, they don't have great backup options so could have a tough time competing in the SEC where the other schools have money from routinely selling out 70k plus for football.  

But they are currently talking about winning a national championship on tigerboard because they got McKinney.  

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Ah, the benefits of being in a P5 conference.

• 3 weeks later...