Collegesportsmadness' Top 144

bauman

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, bauman said:

Troy (a Barclays tournament opponent) will not be a pushover.  I just read their writeup in the Top 144 listing and they come in at 126, 2 places better than VCU.

-we will kick their butt

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Troy (a Barclays tournament opponent) will not be a pushover.  I just read their writeup in the Top 144 listing and they come in at 126, 2 places better than VCU.

rpi boost.

7 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

All this big talk is making me nervous given that we have not won a single game yet with this group.  Discretion may be the better part of valor at this point.

Ah, the faint-hearted.  Come on aboard the bandwagon - we still have room.

20 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

All this big talk is making me nervous given that we have not won a single game yet with this group.  Discretion may be the better part of valor at this point.

BOOOO

F4 or bust

Bauman and WGSTL - lots of big talk last year at this time and what did that get us?  I know who could have predicted what happened but unexpected things can still happen such as injuries for one.  All I am saying no need to be bragging until you know that this team really will come together - I hope just as you do but I just think it makes more sense to be cautiously positive not strutting all over the place.  You go ahead do what you want but I plan to be a bit more careful.

Quality Is Job 1 likes this

8 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Bauman and WGSTL - lots of big talk last year at this time and what did that get us?  I know who could have predicted what happened but unexpected things can still happen such as injuries for one.  All I am saying no need to be bragging until you know that this team really will come together - I hope just as you do but I just think it makes more sense to be cautiously positive not strutting all over the place.  You go ahead do what you want but I plan to be a bit more careful.

BOO THIS MAN! | image tagged in halfbaked boo this man | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

fans dont take cautious approaches

ChangeOfPace likes this

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

-have you seen us miss a shot in these workout videos? with that, how can you be anything other than super, over the top excited? 

4 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Cheese, shame on you for mentioning the I word. That's as bad as putting your team on an SI cover. Bad Ju Ju! 

A few more of the P6 Big Names coming in the last 3 days.  Numbers 113-115 are St. Johns, Minnesota and S. Carolina.  VCU still only A-10 team to appear.  If this website's staff pay any attention to people like J Rothstein, it's hard to see how they could pick the Bills any lower in the Conf. than 2nd and more likely 1st.  Now as TF said in the Rothstein podcast, we have to go out and earn it.

One additional admin issue to address.  Once your number is passed you can no longer change your pick, otherwise someone could just keep picking lower (better) spots after their picked number is passed-not that any of you would be that devious just to get a free brew.

That means that SluMedBilliken is now out since he (she?) picked us to come in at 122.  S(he) obviously was not drinking the kool-aid!!!

The 144 countdown is now at about 108.

I admit to being shocked at this but Duquesne comes in at #105 ... noted as the seventh best team in the A10.  I've got to read this rationale .....

.... and I think it's full of shite.  The basic rationale is Keith Dambrot always wins at least 21 games except his first year at Akron and his first year at Duquesne.    And now he has "his type of players."  Craig Randall averaged 5.2 ppg at Memphis as a freshman.  Meh -- not that impressed.  With the stat nor the fact he's coming from Memphis.  Memphis is living on a dead reputation as far as I am concerned.  Tavian Dunn-Martin averaged 4 in a season under Dambrot at Akron.  Double meh.  The piece places Mizzou transfer Frankie Hughes, all 6'4" of him, in the starting frontcourt.  Marcus Weathers, also a MAC transfer from Miami of Ohio, came close to 10 ppg in his sole season with the Redhawks but my question will be how do MAC players do in the A10?  Not that the A10 is that much better just curious. 

I do think Mike Lewis II and Eric Williams are nice returning pieces but until the newcomers show something, who really knows.  This is purely a speculative piece with no substance other than baking on Dambrot.  So we'll have to wait and see, 

They do have a four-star commit in PF Gavin Bizeau.  He's 6' 11" and a strapping 210 pounds.  Jordan Goodwin outweighs him.  He's listed as a four and hails from Indiana.  I don't think that will go too, too well.  Just my opinion.  I see Elliott Welmer. 

Dambrot did bring in 13 new players.  Added to the two that stayed around.  So 15 kids on scholarship at Woe-Be-Gone U.  Something has to give.  You can only have 13.  Maybe math wasn't Dambrot's strong suit.  Someone (or two) has to go home. 

As to bauman above, Duquesne must be replacing one of bauman's seven remaining suspects.  Wonder who that will be?  I guess one of the historical picks (Dayton.  The Bonnies) will have to go.

bauman likes this

2 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I admit to being shocked at this but Duquesne comes in at #105 ... noted as the seventh best team in the A10.  I've got to read this rationale .....

.... and I think it's full of shite.  The basic rationale is Keith Dambrot always wins at least 21 games except his first year at Akron and his first year at Duquesne.    And now he has "his type of players."  Craig Randall averaged 5.2 ppg at Memphis as a freshman.  Meh -- not that impressed.  With the stat nor the fact he's coming from Memphis.  Memphis is living on a dead reputation as far as I am concerned.  Tavian Dunn-Martin averaged 4 in a season under Dambrot at Akron.  Double meh.  The piece places Mizzou transfer Frankie Hughes, all 6'4" of him, in the starting frontcourt.  Marcus Weathers, also a MAC transfer from Miami of Ohio, came close to 10 ppg in his sole season with the Redhawks but my question will be how do MAC players do in the A10?  Not that the A10 is that much better just curious. 

I do think Mike Lewis II and Eric Williams are nice returning pieces but until the newcomers show something, who really knows.  This is purely a speculative piece with no substance other than baking on Dambrot.  So we'll have to wait and see, 

Aren't we banking on the same thing being true for SLU?

Talent is talent. Duquesne has upgraded. They're not going to win the conference but they should get incrementally better this season and next, at the very least.

HoosierPal likes this

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Aren't we banking on the same thing being true for SLU?

Talent is talent. Duquesne has upgraded. They're not going to win the conference but they should get incrementally better this season and next, at the very least.

Careful Pistol people will be calling you someone who doesn't have any faith in the team.