Collegesportsmadness' Top 144

bauman

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what a shot at our friends across the river.  Illinois #143 and 11th in the Big Ten.  Underwood better over achieve.

Up to this point we have a pretty good cross section of predictions for the Bills with only a few who are playing games with the poll. SShoe expects us to come in at #1 (I'll buy you a dinner if that happens, while Slu Med Billikens expects our number to come up within the next few weeks at 122.  The decade with the highest number of predictions is the 40s and we have 42 participants.

With all the ink SPUMAC gets from the local rag it will be interesting to see if the College Sports Madness (CSM) people are influenced by local media.  My guess is they will come in about 5 places higher (better) than us.  Hopefully the CSM writers are readers of the Jon Rothstein newsletter and tweets.

North Carolina Central is in above Illinois .... #140 to #143 ..... but no mention is made of Ty Graves.  Does he now have to sit out another year since he was enrolled at SLU for that misbegotten situation?  Anybody know?

3 hours ago, Taj79 said:

North Carolina Central is in above Illinois .... #140 to #143 ..... but no mention is made of Ty Graves.  Does he now have to sit out another year since he was enrolled at SLU for that misbegotten situation?  Anybody know?

He can appeal to not sit and he should appeal. That said, it is unlikely he will win that appeal with the NCAA. 

Looks like the 144 process started late this year and that all write ups are being done by the same person, Joel Welsner.  Stanford came in over the past few days.  No A-10 teams yet.

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

My guess is 7 more. :D  After all, they list VCU as #8 in the A-10.

Yeah remember Tillman killing SLU in that OT loss last season...the worst loss of the season because it looked like a win for most of the game...but Tillman got rolling & scored and rebounded at will, 25 points & 12 rebounds...

David King likes this

2 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

My guess is 7 more. :D  After all, they list VCU as #8 in the A-10.

Right, 7 more A-10 teams to come.  I guess SLU, SJ, URI, Davidson, GMU, Dayton (just based on history) and SBU (again just based on history).  That would leave out UMASS, Duq, Richmond, Lasalle, GW (sorry Steve) and of course the fightin' Rams of Fordham.  I can see the possibility of UMASS replacing either Dayton or SBU  in the group of 8 ranked A-10 teams