2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

In the wacky world of ranking system equations, while we slept, the Billikens jumped 9 positions in the NCAA NET, moving from 70 to 61 by doing nothing.  I guess the Wiz is going to have to come in and explain. 

I would guess the Troy and Butler wins against decent teams had some of the impact

On 12/21/2018 at 10:14 PM, willie said:

I saw Jeffers a couple of weeks ago at my grandson game. (Assistant coach at UCity High) . Introduced myself and said to one of his co workers who I knew that Mo had one of the greatest Billiken dunks of all time. Mo immediately said St. Bonaventure. Nice man.

Interesting, so he is coaching with Kelvin Lee now? For some reason I didn't realize he was back in St. Louis.

Anyone else a little disappointed we haven't seen more of Jacobs? We were all pretty high on him when Travis signed him, yet he's not really had much of a chance to prove what he can do. I know he had a problem with TO's against one of the mids we played, but that might have been more about nerves than skill level. He came here because he seemed to have a scorer's mentality, yet as we continue to struggle getting points he's primarily a spectator. While we haven't been in a position to insert the new guys into games because we've been unable to build comfortable leads, but really thought this kid had a shot at being a solid player for us.

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

Anyone else a little disappointed we haven't seen more of Jacobs? We were all pretty high on him when Travis signed him, yet he's not really had much of a chance to prove what he can do. I know he had a problem with TO's against one of the mids we played, but that might have been more about nerves than skill level. He came here because he seemed to have a scorer's mentality, yet as we continue to struggle getting points he's primarily a spectator. While we haven't been in a position to insert the new guys into games because we've been unable to build comfortable leads, but really thought this kid had a shot at being a solid player for us.

with jacobs athleticism, he would be great on pressure defense and streaking down a sideline on a fast break.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

4 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

-what a complete bummer for EW, I understand him wanting to play again but the comment about the risks to his foot if hurt again makes me also understand if he decides not to try

-not digging on him, but sounds like this season is his last so another schollie to fill

6 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

He’s targeting this year. He won’t play next year 

Did I read the article wrong but it said he wants to be at SLU next year for another degree but he won’t be on scholarship. Would he be eligible to play as a walk on since he only played 1 year of ncaa basketball? I’m sure there’s a waiver 

5 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Did I read the article wrong but it said he wants to be at SLU next year for another degree but he won’t be on scholarship. Would he be eligible to play as a walk on since he only played 1 year of ncaa basketball? I’m sure there’s a waiver 

It sounds like the chance he’s being given is for this season. Understandably Ford needs more of a sure thing with that scholarship long term.

Life is ***** and then you die - the point is stuff happens in life and you just have to roll with it.  I am sorry basketball did not work out for EW through no fault of his own but we have been more than fair to him.  Now it is time for him to get out of our way and stop taking up a seat at the training table.

SLU_Lax likes this

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Life is ***** and then you die - the point is stuff happens in life and you just have to roll with it.  I am sorry basketball did not work out for EW through no fault of his own but we have been more than fair to him.  Now it is time for him to get out of our way and stop taking up a seat at the training table.

5 foot fractures ought to convince him that his hardwood career is fini. Again, feel bad for him, but it's just not in the cards for him. 

6 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

I'd think he would be but I wouldn't think anyone would take him on for the same frustrating reason he hasn't played (much) here.

More importantly he has a long life ahead of him. I hope he hasn’t already damaged that quality of life and already I assume he will eventually have arthritis or other foot complications in his future. Another bad injury could make it worse and could leave him permanently hobbled. 

His body has been through a lot and I hope he lets it rest without the strains of D1 basketball. 

AGB91 likes this