2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

JGood is having tough moments this year, but the one thing that looks very steady this year is his shot. 46% from the floor including 36% from 3pt. He's trying a little too hard out there when he has the ball, but I have no doubt he'll clean that up.  

His two drives where he faded away were less than optimal shots.

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Maybe we should attribute JGood's inconsistent play v last year to two things; That face mask can't be too comfortable and adjusting to Isabell's style of play. He has shown flashes of his old self and his 3 pt shot seems to have improved.

As a result of Isabell’s role, Jgood appears to pressing in the more limited opportunities he has to direct the offense.  

36 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Of course he’s going to have some wtf/ugly shots, but his shot looks way more reliable than it did at this point last year. You can tell he’s been working on it. 

I was speaking more towards the trying a little too hard. I have been really impressed by his efficiency.

Goodwin's scoring has been very efficient. He looks a little lost on offense in general but I think that may be because we don't really have an offense right now. That has probably been my biggest disappointment of the season. Ford is winning games and our defense has been great but offensively we look lost.

On offense, where are the screens either off or on the ball? Why don't we have a big in the middle of all the zone D's we're seeing? A kick out to an open man is a rarity. It just seems we're counting on our athletic ability only. Love what Travis is doing overall w/ the program, but for a guy who was a good offensive player at UK it makes you wonder why ours appears so chaotic at times. Find Rick's practice videos is my suggestion. 

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

On offense, where are the screens either off or on the ball? Why don't we have a big in the middle of all the zone D's we're seeing? A kick out to an open man is a rarity. It just seems we're counting on our athletic ability only. Love what Travis is doing overall w/ the program, but for a guy who was a good offensive player at UK it makes you wonder why ours appears so chaotic at times. Find Rick's practice videos is my suggestion. 

Travis has already said they are cutting out a lot of the offensive sets they were trying to implement. I think showing this team Ricks intricate offensive schemes would confuse them even further. 

6 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

Of course he’s going to have some wtf/ugly shots, but his shot looks way more reliable than it did at this point last year. You can tell he’s been working on it. 

At least he got the shots those drives that lead into TOs we're the bane of the class of Crews and suck just as bad now. We all could do the run until we lose it too.

6 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Reading Benfred's chat.  Not great

image.png.1f0f5eadecf9032bbe91d5ee1def4179.png

Eek. Well if Bess does not play and there is any possible silver lining to this, it's that it gives some other players an opportunity to step their games up big time.

8 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-we've had better news....and worse news

-an opportunity to step up, who takes it?

More time for DJ and Thatch, with Goodwin sliding over to take Bess' defensive responsibilities (if he, Thatch and Isabell are on the court at the same time).  Possibly some minutes for KC. 

If (and it's a big if to me) Bess is out and the refs call a tight game, we might be digging into the bench big time this game. 

When times get tough, the tough get going. We are about to see how tough this year's SLU team really is. I think Thatch and Foreman will play basically the whole game. I expect to see Hankton and Jacobs playing, to spell the main players if for no other reason. I think Bess may well be back in action before too long and that it would be a crass mistake to screw his leg badly by having him play Wednesday. As far as Wiley is concerned, I am really guessing here, I do not expect to see much play from him for a long time.

Without Bess and Wiley we can still win this game, it will only be more difficult to do so.