• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

Tennessee and auburn have turned into a juggernaut 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Who would have thought that Bruce Pearl would still be Auburn's coach,  then again we're talking about the NCAA. 

Plus you've got Tom Crean at Georgia now, Ben Howland at Mississippi State, Avery Johnson is landing big-time players at Alabama, Mike White has kept Florida really competitive, Will Wade is landing talent at LSU, Bryce Drew has some 5-stars coming to Vandy, Frank Martin took SC on that Final Four run, and there are even some top 100 players winding up with Mike Anderson at Arkansas, Kermit Davis at Ole Miss, and Billy Kennedy at Texas A&M. Cuonzo has his work cut out for him at Mizzou. This conference is a monster now.

36 minutes ago, almaman said:

Notice item 7:

7. A Canadian team kicked everyone’s ass this summer.

By everyone, I mean Cincinnati, Ole Miss, South Dakota State (twice), and Maryland Eastern Shore. That’s the list of schools that the Carleton Ravens defeated in August, with each victory coming by 18 or more points....

On 9/7/2018 at 7:37 PM, VeniceMenace said:

Q&A with Welmer. Hoping to play this season and clarifies remaining eligibility.

http://dimorosports.com/2018/09/07/saint-louis-billikens-1-on-1-with-elliott-welmer/

On 9/7/2018 at 7:55 PM, billiken_roy said:

the article makes it sound like welmer isnt really sure how much eligibility he has left.   he knows he has at least 2.   so apparently the ncaa hasnt ruled on another medical red shirt. 

I missed this when you posted it last week because I was on vacation, but just came across it today. The official roster lists him as a redshirt sophomore, but it sounds like he's not sure about whether he's getting the extra year back or not. "I have two years (of eligibility) for sure left. I definitely want to exhaust my playing abilities as long as I stay healthy."

Is there a deadline for an NCAA ruling on this sort of thing?

11 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I missed this when you posted it last week because I was on vacation, but just came across it today. The official roster lists him as a redshirt sophomore, but it sounds like he's not sure about whether he's getting the extra year back or not. "I have two years (of eligibility) for sure left. I definitely want to exhaust my playing abilities as long as I stay healthy."

Is there a deadline for an NCAA ruling on this sort of thing?

I think he can only petition for the extra year after he has used all of his eligibility.  So there won’t be a solid answer for two years.

TheChosenOne and Pistol like this

44 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think he can only petition for the extra year after he has used all of his eligibility.  So there won’t be a solid answer for two years.

well that is what i always thought as well, but then folks on here this past year were all claiming it was a done decision.   

The website, midmajormadness.com has a story on 10 games that will have a big impact on which mid-majors make it to the Tournament.  Loyola is in 2 of those games, Illinois St in 3 (including their game against Loyola) and us once with our home game on 1/26 against Davidson.

A fun fact is that CAG's dunk continues to get us pub as the video is shown on this site.

I just received a pretty sweet packet in the mail from SLU asking me to purchase season tickets for the upcoming season. Anyone else get one?  Not sure how they have my office address but I"m guessing I gave it to them at some point. Coolest part of packet is the jersey with my name on the back (redacted in case Tilwosky is a troll and a stalker). I decided not to purchase this year since I've got a little one arriving on December 1st and doubt I would be able to get to many games...but now the juices are flowing! Think I may just tell my wife that for the sake of our marriage, daddy will need a quick 3 hour break from the madness 4-5 times a month and what better way to do so than cheering on the  Billiken's (while slamming 10 beers)! 

Bil.jpg

Bil2.jpg

5 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I just received a pretty sweet packet in the mail from SLU asking me to purchase season tickets for the upcoming season. Anyone else get one?  Not sure how they have my office address but I"m guessing I gave it to them at some point. Coolest part of packet is the jersey with my name on the back (redacted in case Tilwosky is a troll and a stalker). I decided not to purchase this year since I've got a little one arriving on December 1st and doubt I would be able to get to many games...but now the juices are flowing! Think I may just tell my wife that for the sake of our marriage, daddy will need a quick 3 hour break from the madness 4-5 times a month and what better way to do so than cheering on the  Billiken's (while slamming 10 beers)! 

Bil.jpg

Bil2.jpg

This is pretty good. Props to SLU - I know you are reading :) 

Davidson off to a solid start this year with a 91-61 victory over D-3 Guilford College. What are they doing starting so early? Checking on how many points for Grady and Jon Axel...

Wait... that was the football score from last night? Would have like to have seen that.

HoosierPal likes this