2018-19 season

23 minutes ago, slu06 said:

Also also, Quad Cities takes the cake for weirdest regional style. 

Compelled to respond since I'm acutely familiar with Harris Pizza. Cheese on top of the toppings, and then cut into strips. Certainly not bad, though. But maybe because I grew up with it.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Fredzilla said:

Compelled to respond since I'm acutely familiar with Harris Pizza. Cheese on top of the toppings, and then cut into strips. Certainly not bad, though. But maybe because I grew up with it.

Getting back on topic:

We all know Larry Hughes is the best guard to ever play at SLU....and in the modern era people like Burns, Waldman, Clagget, Highmark and Jett were tops.

Is CGordin the most skilled and talented forward to ever come on campus, and is French the best before him? Bonner went to the NBA, but as a frost would you rank him as high as Gordin/French? I’ve been following since mid-70s so I know I’m leaving some good names out.

4 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Getting back on topic:

We all know Larry Hughes is the best guard to ever play at SLU....and in the modern era people like Burns, Waldman, Clagget, Highmark and Jett were tops.

Is CGordin the most skilled and talented forward to ever come on campus, and is French the best before him? Bonner went to the NBA, but as a frost would you rank him as high as Gordin/French? I’ve been following since mid-70s so I know I’m leaving some good names out.

im curious why you quoted the fredzilla post about pizza to make your basketball centered post?  good post though.  while bonner may have entered slu with somewhat raw skills and a yet to be matured body, i am waiting to see if gordon plays with the fury and intensity full time that bonner did.   that is what will set gordon apart and possibly above bonner.

HenryB and VeniceMenace like this

Thought I'd blend the food/2018-2019 season topics and ask this question: Is there a billikens.com pre-game tent/party before games? I believe this question has been asked on this specific thread and I also believe the answer was no. Would be cool to have a fun environment to hang out in before games with music, food, and (LOTS OF) booze. Although I guess Fieldhouse does a good job of that...

24 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Also, wouldn't recommend trying to go there to eat on Fridays between 4-6pm, you will not be able to find a seat.

Nobody goes there anymore from 4-6pm on Fridays. It’s too crowded.

9 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Thought I'd blend the food/2018-2019 season topics and ask this question: Is there a billikens.com pre-game tent/party before games? I believe this question has been asked on this specific thread and I also believe the answer was no. Would be cool to have a fun environment to hang out in before games with music, food, and (LOTS OF) booze. Although I guess Fieldhouse does a good job of that...

Especially if Band Legend brings his homemade pizza.