Billikens.com Message Board

kenpom isnt the NET Rankings.  i have no doubt they are close, but not the same necessarily.   

there are 32 conferences.  everyone is guaranteed one.

that leaves 34 at large bids.   start at the top and work down and see how skinny that gets real quick with the power 5 probably averaging 5 or 6 at large teams alone.   the chances of the 10th conference getting multibids shrinks quickly.   it was different when we were always 6 or 7th top conference.  

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-tournament/bracketology/by-conference/

I found this bracket fairly interesting.  They use RPI but "we run thousands of computer simulations of the college basketball season, including all remaining regular season games, all conference tournaments, NCAA selection and seeding, and the NCAA tournament itself."

Today, the A10 has two in this NCAA bracket, VCU and Davidson.

ACC with 7 and the Big Ten with 7.  Big East only 4. 

Just interesting, nothing more.

Just a couple of notes on the regular season champ going to March Madness....

Since the Bills have been in the A-10 ( 13 years) the A-10 regular season conference champ has gone every year to the NCAA tourney.  In addition , about 2/3 of all regular season conf champs go to the Big Dance.  Last year 23 of the 33 conference season winners made it ....the 10  that didn't make it  are from the bottom feeding conferences... F conferences like the Southwestern and Mid Eastern...wait is this the conf that has Saudi Arabia and Yemen in it?  No wonder they didn't make it  in...Anyway, the A-10  is way above these conferences in talent.

Bottomline....25-6  season would lead to a conf title...and if it didn't that means we swept the rest of the OOC which would put us in one of the remaining  at large bids.

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

I'm just worried about OSU! Must win game! 

Isn’t this like the 9th game you’ve been worried about? 😀

27 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Isn’t this like the 9th game you’ve been worried about? 😀

With this offense I worry about them all. Not gonna worry about FSU and Houston, though. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. 

2019 ncaa tourney 1st round 6th seed kentucky loses to 11 seed saint louis 67-64.