2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, JMM28 said:

Can we get some sort of resolution together to treat him as an alum, forget he ever went to Duke, act like he was a straight from HS player? It could be like the people who think Sinbad made a version of Shazaam. 

He may not be an alumnus of SLU but he is without a doubt a legacy.  His father, Justin, was a 3-year starter so it's not like he just likes Coach Ford and the program.  He was raised on Billiken Basketball.  Hell, I used to see him on campus rather often when he was a toddler.

Going to Duke was absolutely the right decision for Jayson.  He got to compete against NBA-level talent in practice daily.  That had to have helped his development over one year a heck of a lot more than he would've gotten at SLU.  I'm very pleased with how things worked out for him and I love, love, love that he still has love for Billiken Basketball.

9 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

Going to Duke was absolutely the right decision for Jayson.  He got to compete against NBA-level talent in practice daily.  That had to have helped his development over one year a heck of a lot more than he would've gotten at SLU.  I'm very pleased with how things worked out for him and I love, love, love that he still has love for Billiken Basketball.

He didnt go to Duke, he went straight into the NBA, remember?

MattyMo213 likes this

On 6/3/2018 at 1:21 PM, Aquinas said:

Now that all of the scholarships are filled, it's time to forecast the starters (players likely to get the most minutes)  and who is coming off the bench to fill out the group of 9 -10 players who will see the floor each game.  I dont expect much variance in board members picks for the starting 5.  I will do full names to start this odd.

Here are my 9:

I'll go with what will likely be the most popular: Jordan Goodwin, Tramaine Isabell, Javon Bess, Hasahn French, and Cart'Are Gordon.  

First big off the bench - Luis Santos followed by David Foreman

First guard off the bench - Fred Thatch, followed by Damarious Jacobs

Final spot Elliot Welmer if he is healthy.

I am intrigued by Micky Pearson. I don't know much about Ingvi (Thor) Gudmundson or KC Hankton.

Welmer may be able to join the father son thread as first to play along side his son if he has one at this pace.  <blue font

above typed awhile back 4got to send

on Bauman's query I think our guy is saying that Isaiah Thomas is an inspiration?/mentor? similar to relationship between to rap/hiphop artists Nas & J Cole who are roughly same career timeline as IT & TI.                              maybe not

So my girlfriend was in chaifetz tonight and caught a quick picture of a board for the basketball team  

Alright so I can’t get the picture to upload(it’s too big), so here are the main points. 

For free throws, French is improved, shooting around 50-75%, Bess seems about the same as last year, santos is around anywhere from 75-90%, and CaG is around high 70s to low 80s

There are two other boards, one labeled “overtime club” and the other “winners board”  No clue what the overtime club is, as it only has dates and people’s initials  also no idea how to get onto the winners board, but the people the with most are Bess, Santos, Gordon, and Hankton

2 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

So my girlfriend was in chaifetz tonight and caught a quick picture of a board for the basketball team  

Alright so I can’t get the picture to upload(it’s too big), so here are the main points. 

For free throws, French is improved, shooting around 50-75%, Bess seems about the same as last year, santos is around anywhere from 75-90%, and CaG is around high 70s to low 80s

There are two other boards, one labeled “overtime club” and the other “winners board”  No clue what the overtime club is, as it only has dates and people’s initials  also no idea how to get onto the winners board, but the people the with most are Bess, Santos, Gordon, and Hankton

Uploaded the image as a URL

https://ibb.co/foZohe