2018-19 season

It’s my own fault for getting so emotionally invested in this team, but this season has just been so so painful. After grinding out the win at Seton Hall I’d have bet everything I own on us being a tournament team. 

I really hope Ford can recruit some depth so the same thing doesn’t happen next season. 

SLU_Nick likes this

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

When the A10 tournament started I thought our season could end with the first game. I thought we were good enough to win any game we play and inconsistent enough to lose any game we play.... 50 50.  The probability of winning 4 in a row, one in 16.   But after 2 gutsy wins, the unbelievable is possible.  The seniors know that it is now or never and they are playing with tremendous heart.   They have come together, Isabell is on fire, he is a magician some of the layups that he makes and I can't believe some of the 3s he is hitting. French is a man, more than a man, he is a beast.   Bess is a star and now Goodwin looks like he has regained his confidence, in a Post D  article this morning, he said that he can't be boxed out.  The physical condition and look of this team is intimidating and we have never had a team that looks or plays like this one.  Now we are close enough the Big Dance to smell it.    

Littlebill and gobillsgo like this

Coach Ford deserves credit for getting Anthony Bonner to practice with the team.  Bonners interview durring the broadcast was impressive.  He is a great roll model and appears to really care for the success of these young men in basketball and life. I loved him as a player and still love his contributions to the team.  I think he is a piece of the family and larger vision of team, that Ford is building.

billikenbill likes this