2018-19 season

Not trying to spend a ton of time on a (probable) lost cause, but I think Stu’s Welmer article mentioned Elliott would hear about XRay results on January 15...  he looked like he was moving around decently at the game the other night. Anyone have any info?  Even 5 mins a game from EW could be hugely beneficial for Hasahn and DJF. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Not trying to spend a ton of time on a (probable) lost cause, but I think Stu’s Welmer article mentioned Elliott would hear about XRay results on January 15...  he looked like he was moving around decently at the game the other night. Anyone have any info?  Even 5 mins a game from EW could be hugely beneficial for Hasahn and DJF. 

Would be nice, but not holding my breath. 

Not sure where to post this, or if this question has already been raised; but is there any news on EW?  In December there was an article stating he had an appointment for tests on January 14th.  That same article talked about how he was hoping to come back at some point during conference play.  

2 minutes ago, ARon said:

Looks like team camaraderie remains strong.

That is very cool!  I also think Ford does not get enough credit for coaching these young men to play extremely hard in times of adversity. You have to love players, and a team that plays with a lot of heart.

1 hour ago, ARon said:

Looks like team camaraderie remains strong.

These are really, really cool. There have been a lot of negative comments on this board about Isabell, including from me, but this really makes me feel good about the young man.  And Hargrove's comment underlines Ford's earlier comment that Hargrove thinks he is already a Billiken.  Proud of Team Blue.

CBFan likes this

We still have a chance to be a good team.  The key is making 3s, that will force teams to cover our shooters and open the lanes.  Bess has been reliable from long range, but we need more.  Wiley would seem to have the most reasonable chance to do it.  Isabell or Thatch could also get in a groove and change things dramatically.  3 additional 3s in a game would be the difference between slugging these games out for coin toss finishes and racking up wins.  Once opponents have to cover the 3 point line, Gordon and French will have some fun.

2 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

We still have a chance to be a good team.  The key is making 3s, that will force teams to cover our shooters and open the lanes.  Bess has been reliable from long range, but we need more.  Wiley would seem to have the most reasonable chance to do it.  Isabell or Thatch could also get in a groove and change things dramatically.  3 additional 3s in a game would be the difference between slugging these games out for coin toss finishes and racking up wins.  Once opponents have to cover the 3 point line, Gordon and French will have some fun.

why would the billikens all at once start consistently making 3's when they pretty much havent all season?   that is not a trait/skill that one morning a player wakes up and is now curry.

10 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

Not sure if you heard, but Gordon isn’t here anymore...

I think some of these players ar still adjusting to playing as a team.  Wiley while a senior hasn't played much duv 1 ball and I think has the best chance of breaking out.  Isabell is still getting comfortable.  Thatch keeps trying the 3, and they look good, but haven't gone in, but he is still a freshman.  I am not predicting it will happen, but I think its possible.

8 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

I think some of these players ar still adjusting to playing as a team.  Wiley while a senior hasn't played much duv 1 ball and I think has the best chance of breaking out.  Isabell is still getting comfortable.  Thatch keeps trying the 3, and they look good, but haven't gone in, but he is still a freshman.  I am not predicting it will happen, but I think its possible.

Isabell is shooting about the same percentage he has during his college career.  The exception was last year at Drexel playing against a weaker schedule.

I agree that our best shot at bolstering our three point percentage is Wiley.  We need him to be able to stay on the floor for more than 7 games in a row.  Thatch's best three point shooting days are ahead of him.

18 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

why would the billikens all at once start consistently making 3's when they pretty much havent all season?   that is not a trait/skill that one morning a player wakes up and is now curry.

I think we can be a better 3 pt. shooting team by being more selective in whose shooting them . Bess should shoot more, Isabelle less. Wiley needs to put up 4 or 5 a game. If after 5 more games he has a low percentage scrap that plan. Thatch should never shoot one unless the clock is at zero. I know it's hard to find his minutes but I would like to see if Hankton can shoot a decent percentage. Goodwin? Not sure. 

9 minutes ago, willie said:

I think we can be a better 3 pt. shooting team by being more selective in whose shooting them . Bess should shoot more, Isabelle less. Wiley needs to put up 4 or 5 a game. If after 5 more games he has a low percentage scrap that plan. Thatch should never shoot one unless the clock is at zero. I know it's hard to find his minutes but I would like to see if Hankton can shoot a decent percentage. Goodwin? Not sure. 

Jalen Johnson turned out to be a very big loss. 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

That's true, but it seems like many of our shots are not missing by much, whereas often when the opponents miss it seems like they miss badly. Maybe I'm looking through blue-tinted glasses.