2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

As long as we are at the top of the conference, most of these brackets will default to us as the automatic/tournament qualifier.

i wouldn’t get excited about any brackets until you see SLU on the 11 seed or better line as that suggests an at large bid is in play.

No way any real excitement until we face a good league team. All this bracket talk will look silly if we get toasted by VCU & DU by 20 each

So, we’re down to 9 scholarship guys and 3 of those are hobbling around on questionable ankles.  This season can really end strongly if we stay hot from 3 point range or go really badly if our guys can’t stay healthy. 

I gave wiley some sh1t last night, but really hope he can toughen up a little and play through some pain (assuming, of course, it doesn’t make the injury worse) because when he’s right he is exactly what we need.  

Gotta hope KC recovers enough to give our bigs some rest. Hopefully, with the game in hand, Ford didn’t want to risk further injury.

Based on his reaction and immediate trip to the locker room, I’m guessing Jacobs is going to miss some time (3-5 games?).  He had some solid if not spectacular minutes last night. Hope he can get better soon. 

Just now, moytoy12 said:

So, we’re down to 9 scholarship guys and 3 of those are hobbling around on questionable ankles.  This season can really end strongly if we stay hot from 3 point range or go really badly if our guys can’t stay healthy. 

I gave wiley some sh1t last night, but really hope he can toughen up a little and play through some pain (assuming, of course, it doesn’t make the injury worse) because when he’s right he is exactly what we need.  

Gotta hope KC recovers enough to give our bigs some rest. Hopefully, with the game in hand, Ford didn’t want to risk further injury.

Based on his reaction and immediate trip to the locker room, I’m guessing Jacobs is going to miss some time (3-5 games?).  He had some solid if not spectacular minutes last night. Hope he can get better soon. 

Actually I think there are 10 guys with 3 hobbled as you say.  Ford does expect KC to be ready for the next game.  To make sure he decided not to put him back in so his ankle can heal in time for the game.

50 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

From my point of view both Hankton and Jacobs will be able to play again this year, possibly pretty soon.

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Actually I think there are 10 guys with 3 hobbled as you say.  Ford does expect KC to be ready for the next game.  To make sure he decided not to put him back in so his ankle can heal in time for the game.

I don't think he's counting Welmer, if he did, that would ve 4 "hobbled".

Didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I wonder if there has been any chatter about Bess applying for another year of eligibility.  He had a foot injury his freshman year at MSU and only played about 140 minutes.  I think it's unlikely, but the NCAA hands out all sorts of waivers and extra eligibility these days.  I think Pookie Powell and Courtney Stockard are two examples in the A10 this year.

Another factor would be Bess would have to want to stay.  With the year he's having, he might be playing in the League next year.

NextYearBill likes this

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

Didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I wonder if there has been any chatter about Bess applying for another year of eligibility.  He had a foot injury his freshman year at MSU and only played about 140 minutes.  I think it's unlikely, but the NCAA hands out all sorts of waivers and extra eligibility these days.  I think Pookie Powell and Courtney Stockard are two examples in the A10 this year.

Another factor would be Bess would have to want to stay.  With the year he's having, he might be playing in the League next year.

He is going 2nd round if he had 11 scouts looking at him. That means word got around awhile ago. At least I want him to. It would do wonders for this program if he goes, because it would be a direct resault from Ford’s coaching. Remember this isn’t the same Bess from Michigan State. His shooting vastly improved under Ford. 

I think Goodwin and French will do the same as they are trending upwards from a very very good rookie season 

26 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

He is going 2nd round if he had 11 scouts looking at him. That means word got around awhile ago. At least I want him to. It would do wonders for this program if he goes, because it would be a direct resault from Ford’s coaching. Remember this isn’t the same Bess from Michigan State. His shooting vastly improved under Ford. 

I think Goodwin and French will do the same as they are trending upwards from a very very good rookie season 

To be fair, scouts were likely there for Brown as well. But Bess put on a show. 

Foreman will likely still start, but Wiley's re emergence minutes will get cut. I don't know what's got into Foreman. Last year he did most of his damage from along the baseline. Now he starts from the top of the key and tries to smash thru 3 defenders. Ford needs to figure this out. Foreman came on strong last year, this year nada. 

2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Sure would be something if he could get another year but he really has a great opportunity to play in the league and the interest nationally that he is receiving will keep him on the scouts radar from here out. He looks like late second round material to me. Didn’t hurt that he knocked down five threes in front of the scouts while completely shutting down their best player.

10 hours ago, slu72 said:

Foreman will likely still start, but Wiley's re emergence minutes will get cut. I don't know what's got into Foreman. Last year he did most of his damage from along the baseline. Now he starts from the top of the key and tries to smash thru 3 defenders. Ford needs to figure this out. Foreman came on strong last year, this year nada. 

Maybe it's just my memory but it sees to me Foreman finished with dunks more last year. This year I've never seen a player so incapable of finishing around the rim. I'm not sure he won't be the first player to break the glass just by throwing a ball to hard against it.

I actually think Foreman is a key for us going forward. We need him to start playing smarter,  as he did last year in A10 play. Great to see Wiley get hot, and Lord knows we need his long ball, but there's gonna be games where French needs help w/ the inside. Time to step up DJ.