2018-19 season

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Thanks for doing this.  Where did you pick up that Gordon wanted to play the 3?

I appreciate the support! Let me know if there are any topics you would like discussed on the show. In terms of Gordon at the 3, it was fifth hand information I had heard from friends I have who still play college basketball in junior colleges where SLU is recruiting. So it's not the most trustworthy information, its more just food for thought as to another reason Gordon may have been so eager to get out of SLU.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, The House That Rick Built said:

I appreciate the support! Let me know if there are any topics you would like discussed on the show. In terms of Gordon at the 3, it was fifth hand information I had heard from friends I have who still play college basketball in junior colleges where SLU is recruiting. So it's not the most trustworthy information, its more just food for thought as to another reason Gordon may have been so eager to get out of SLU.

I would be interested in contributing. I’ve been mulling over starting a billiken podcast with another MBM here and just hasn’t worked out. I have a lot of format ideas and other ideas that I think can make it stand out from just a recap/rumor/recruiting news type show. 

MattyMo213 and SLU_Nick like this

17 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I'm comfortable saying that Gordon's leaving SLU isn't all on Gordon. I don't know if it's player management, clash of personalities or what but I've heard stories contrary to what GloryDays is spouting off about. So like I said, I think that there are many issues that led to Gordon leaving and I don't think it's fair to turn him into a villain(although he didn't do himself many favors with his subtweeting).

I guess my real question on this topic, apart from ignorant commenting of other users on here, is how much confidence do you have in Ford right now? I have all the confidence in his ability to recruit but that is only one side of it. Offense hasn't looked terribly fluid this year. Also responding to another comment you made since I am at my post limit apparently, if you have interest in contributing to this show in any way, shoot me an email [email protected] I would love to add new voices and thoughts to this podcast from SLU fans. Edit: Another edit to this post, I saw your message, have no way of responding through billikens.com because of posting limits (not sure how that is affecting messages) the only way to communicate further on any of these things right now would be to follow me on twitter @collin_kessler or emailing me through the site above. Sorry for the inconvenience hope to hear from you, excited to bring more podcasts here to the message boards.

Edited by The House That Rick Built

1 minute ago, The House That Rick Built said:

I guess my real question on this topic, apart from ignorant commenting of other users on here, is how much confidence do you have in Ford right now? I have all the confidence in his ability to recruit but that is only one side of it. Offense hasn't looked terribly fluid this year.

I don’t really have an answer for that. I think it’s premature to start talking about can ford get it done. That’s all I really know. 

47 minutes ago, The House That Rick Built said:

I guess my real question on this topic, apart from ignorant commenting of other users on here, is how much confidence do you have in Ford right now? I have all the confidence in his ability to recruit but that is only one side of it. Offense hasn't looked terribly fluid this year. Also responding to another comment you made since I am at my post limit apparently, if you have interest in contributing to this show in any way, shoot me an email [email protected] I would love to add new voices and thoughts to this podcast from SLU fans. Edit: Another edit to this post, I saw your message, have no way of responding through billikens.com because of posting limits (not sure how that is affecting messages) the only way to communicate further on any of these things right now would be to follow me on twitter @collin_kessler or emailing me through the site above. Sorry for the inconvenience hope to hear from you, excited to bring more podcasts here to the message boards.

Clearly you do not have a good understanding of what a coach does.  Ford did everything a coach could do during the RI game - he called time outs, he substituted players, he switched defenses and he put Goodwin and French back in towards the end to keep the game in reach and to be won.  He did nothing that RM would not have tried.  Now did he have the best game plan going in to the game - who knows at this point because we don't know exactly what it was although the game started out  well for us.  Once again we hit a scoring drought and that is what caused us to lose our lead and let RI catch up.  We only scored 25 points in the first half and that was the direct result of this scoring drought.  Bottom line is that Ford is making in game adjustments but he can not go out and shoot the ball for them.  As far as FT shooting goes - we have been snake bitten well before Ford got here - I agree with those who say it is in their heads now and that is a tough thing to overcome.

Cincybill likes this

1 hour ago, The House That Rick Built said:

A LOT of confidence. Team is 10-4, beat Seton Hall in the road and nearly did the same at undefeated Houston.

Yep, lost some recruits but he’s fixed a lackluster program, turned it into a winner.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Got a text saying jgood was on fox2. Anyone see it. Apparently, and I’m playing telephone here, he said if anyone doesnt want to be here they should leave.

I saw it.  Basically as willie said, the guys in the locker room want to be there and if you don't you are free to leave.  They know guys that are still there want to be there and that is bringing them closer together and better chemistry together now.  

RIP HUMPS likes this

On 1/8/2019 at 8:34 PM, Bills_06 said:

I saw it.  Basically as willie said, the guys in the locker room want to be there and if you don't you are free to leave.  They know guys that are still there want to be there and that is bringing them closer together and better chemistry together now.  

Going back to the interview with Goodwin that was on the news, he references similar phrases several times here in the post game with Earl Austin Jr.  

Box and Won likes this

Just now, Box and Won said:

I don't follow Rothstein anymore, but I'm guessing that tweet was followed by a bunch of replies from butt-hurt Dayton and VCU fans.

bunch, no.  But the sole comment is a butt hurt response from a dayton fan

Fred thatch started a Instagram live video where you can ask questions, and I just said thanks for being team blue, and he said team blue all the way, you can tell he loves this team but some one asked if they would be good with out Gordon, and he said aw yeah we’re doing better(without Gordon) said there defiantly fine with out him just thought it was interesting.