2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, two games does not make a trend, but as of today, the Billikens are 313th in NCAA FT%.  Amazingly, the Richmond Spiders are tied for dead last (342nd) at 37.5%.

In 3FG%, we are 314th at 23.5%.  Kansas State is dead last at 7.7%.  Yes, you read that right, Seven point seven %.

On 11/6/2018 at 2:01 PM, moytoy12 said:

I meant for the interview. I’ve collected enough cans to pay for espn+

They have an app.  I got it for post game interviews. 

7 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Buffalo beat SIUC by 9 and Buffalo actually shot worse (35.5%FG and 28.6%3PT) than SLU did against Troy.

Buffalo is pretty good. Previous Friday they took down West Virginia in OT in Morgantown. The Buffalo coach Nate Oats will probably be the next hot commodity come this Spring for a P5 conference school. Whitesell is Buffalo's Assoc HC. 

BTW, SIU plays Buffalo again in December.

I think the Seton Hall game stats show us a lot about this team going forward.
Ford played 8, and these guys will probably get minutes in every game (listed in order of season ave. min/game)
Bess, Isabell, Goodwin, Gordon, French,  Forman, Wiley, and Thatch.
At SH Gordon played 35 minutes with only 3 fouls in a game where French and Forman picked up 4 in about 15 minutes.  He seems to just be getting comfortable.  His progress is huge given the loss of Santos.  Gordon looks like he will be scary good as he continues to learn what he can do at this level.  
Goodwin is not on his game yet, I don't know if it is the injury, mask or fitting in with the new players, but he should improve from here.
Thatch looks like a lock down defender, which is very impressive for a Freshman.
This team has a lot of up side, only Bess and maybe Forman are playing at their potential.
There is big upside for the rest of the individual players and team chemistry as these guys continue to work together.
Great to see this team take a close game on the road.  Typically a team loses one or more of those before winning one.
Ford has his hands full pulling this all together and so far has been very impressive.
Also have to believe that wins, like SH will help in fill out the 2019 recruiting class.

TheDude and NextYearBill like this