2018-19 season

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Just read his posts. The style changes constantly. Sometimes he’s aloof aging man and the next he’s Cliff Claven. 

Thin line of separation there.

All kidding aside I mean no one I’ll will here. I was just goofing on old guy persona here just like goofing on Roy with the initials. Ribbing it was called back in the day. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, almaman said:

Thin line of separation there.

All kidding aside I mean no one I’ll will here. I was just goofing on old guy persona here just like goofing on Roy with the initials. Ribbing it was called back in the day. 

Look at his posts in Papal Poll. The obscure Catholic Church references are so Metz it makes my head hurt 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Just read his posts. The style changes constantly. Sometimes he’s aloof aging man and the next he’s Cliff Claven. 

and that makes his screen presence fake?   heck we all have mind / attention slips.  yesterday i totally missed "goodwin" in that post.    so is billiken roy a fake board member?   more likely just a sign of hurried reading and too fast response.   

look old guy has worth.   he brings good questions to the board.   might have to wade through some sort of medical presentation to get it, but there are a hell of a lot worst posters on the board then he is.   one thing can be certain, he is a billikens fan.   i can withstand a lot of bs for a sure fire billiken fan.  

Ironbills and rgbilliken like this

51 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

and that makes his screen presence fake?   heck we all have mind / attention slips.  yesterday i totally missed "goodwin" in that post.    so is billiken roy a fake board member?   more likely just a sign of hurried reading and too fast response.   

look old guy has worth.   he brings good questions to the board.   might have to wade through some sort of medical presentation to get it, but there are a hell of a lot worst posters on the board then he is.   one thing can be certain, he is a billikens fan.   i can withstand a lot of bs for a sure fire billiken fan.  

Does billikenroy have multiple accounts? No. Because if it's not metz, it's somebody's second username.

As a guy who has done his share of troll hunting over the years 😉 I don't put OldGuy in that category. Is he really old? Probably not. Is he putting on an act and playing a character? Sure, but overall he seems harmless. Is his act not as funny as it used to be? Yes, but he hasn't really done anything that requires taking action. I don't really see him harming the spirit of the board and for those who are not fans of his act, he seems like he should be pretty easy to ignore.

I respect Old guy so much more if he's actually fake. Mostly because it's just such a bizarre thing to do. Let me spend hours per day trawling the billikens dot com message boards for YEARS under a fake persona with a fully-fleshed out backstory?? I love that idea.

2 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I would like an explanation why Butler isn’t it

So this was a link of best team in state and they picked a "game of the year" for best team in state.  Let's play this like an IQ test and just using the examples on the link.  Which one of these is out of place and why:

Game of year - Michigan vs Michigan state, Ole Miss at Mississippi State, Montana State at Montana, and SLU vs Butler.  

14 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

So this was a link of best team in state and they picked a "game of the year" for best team in state.  Let's play this like an IQ test and just using the examples on the link.  Which one of these is out of place and why:

Game of year - Michigan vs Michigan state, Ole Miss at Mississippi State, Montana State at Montana, and SLU vs Butler.  

Yeah, this isn't really that hard.

^Direct link to the above. And blurb:

@MavsDraft: Thoughts on Carte’are Gordon? Felt like he’s underrated as a frosh.

"Gordon, the No. 73 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite Rankings, was pretty well thought of coming out of high school. What I liked about him was his physical play, toughness and his ability to rebound. He also was a capable finisher/scorer around the basket. By all accounts, he’s off to a great start at St. Louis. He was 7-for-9 from the field in their exhibition against Quincy. One source close to the program told me recently, “He’s crazy talented.” If Gordon stays dialed in, which was an issue in high school, he should absolutely destroy the Atlantic-10."

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

"Gordon, the No. 73 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite Rankings, was pretty well thought of coming out of high school. What I liked about him was his physical play, toughness and his ability to rebound. He also was a capable finisher/scorer around the basket. By all accounts, he’s off to a great start at St. Louis. He was 7-for-9 from the field in their exhibition against Quincy. One source close to the program told me recently, “He’s crazy talented.” If Gordon stays dialed in, which was an issue in high school, he should absolutely destroy the Atlantic-10."

towel me

33 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The A10 just doesn't get bigs with the complete skill set that Gordon has.