2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Same here.

Yeah, same here. Sorry for him, but he's got a bad wheel that's probably going to bother him for a lot of years. A surgeon I used to play golf with told me the most delicate bones in the body are the feet. People got to pay attention to their feet. Nice knowing ya', Eliot, we hardly knew ye.

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

No it's not.  You said it was a bad look to have older players hanging with 18-19 year olds.  You either say the 23 is okay, or you say Isabell is too old to hang around the young players.  Same with Bess at 22 and Foreman.  State an age where you want to make the cut. 

Ridiculous comment on your part.  Are you for age discrimination or against it at the college basketball level?

Not exactly what I said. When he 25 or  26 then it it makes no sense but I understand he is from IN so he is protected in your mind 

1 hour ago, crymdg2 said:

NCAA too busy to get Jacob's situation sorted out,  but they do have time for this.  And why is he eligible???

I wanted to bad post this because of the news, but I guess it’s wrong to shoot the messenger. 

I am glad the kid can play, but WTF is NCAA doing  

4 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

NCAA too busy to get Jacob's situation sorted out,  but they do have time for this.  And why is he eligible???

Because the NCAA is an incredibly corrupt organization. It directly benefits them monetarily for Power 5 teams to be good and mid majors (not trying to start this debate again) to be bad. Therefore they’ll do any little thing they can to benefit P5 teams. 

Dont be surprised when the Jacobs thing drags on like the Ellis situation did. 

The reasoning is because Illinois allowed him too. Same thing happened with Blake Harris when he transferred mid season to NC State Fromm mizzou. Mizzou told the NCAA they didn’t care if he played immediately, and Illinois said the same about Mark Smith.

The reason why Santos couldn’t last hear is because they changed the system going into this season. 

Jacobs is obviously in a different situation

4 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

The reasoning is because Illinois allowed him too. Same thing happened with Blake Harris when he transferred mid season to NC State Fromm mizzou. Mizzou told the NCAA they didn’t care if he played immediately, and Illinois said the same about Mark Smith.

The reason why Santos couldn’t last hear is because they changed the system going into this season. 

You are just not even close on this buddy. 

5 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Actually I think the player himself has the biggest pull on whether he wants to sit out or not.  (blue font) 

12 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

Good question, makes no sense to me. Another Missouri transfer Dru Smith, had a coaching change, transferred and was denied a waiver, while Mark chose to leave and is granted a waiver. Missouri fans are just as confused and also upset as they would rather have Dru than Mark this season.

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

So does Quincy have anything, any long range bombers who could keep it close for awhile? Will there be live stats to follow?

6' 3" Senior Bobby Frasco will be launching them from downtown. He led the team last year with 43 three pointers. He could be a tough match up for the Bills' Jack Raboin. In addition, Carbondale native Robby Dosier was lighting it up towards the end of last season and had a team best  0.397% 3pt%. Don't let his looks fool you, if he brings his A game, he could easily go off for 6 or 7 points. Inside, Quincy has ex-Hazelwood Central stud, 6'7" 185 lb Marcus Hinton, who averaged 8 boards a game last year. Rumor has it that he had a Conklin Summer and bulked up by 3 or 4 lbs; all of it muscle. Inside sources claim Marcus was quoted today as saying, "Carte'Are who?"

Last season, the Hawks went 9-18 in Ryan Hellenthal's first season as head coach, which is a far cry from the previous season's 25-7.  RHell knows that back-to-back losing seasons at a program like QU would take him off the short list as a potential successor to Brad Underwood at IU, so he wants the team to get off to a strong start. Expect them to throw everything but the kitchen sink at the Bills tonight. If the fellas listen to RHell, and BF, RD, and MH live up to their hype, the Hawks should be able to keep the Bills within 30.

2 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Good question, makes no sense to me. Another Missouri transfer Dru Smith, had a coaching change, transferred and was denied a waiver, while Mark chose to leave and is granted a waiver. Missouri fans are just as confused and also upset as they would rather have Dru than Mark this season.

Coach Integrity wasn't specific on which Smith the bag of money was for.  He simply dropped the bag off at the NCAA HQ with a note 'get Smith eligible'.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

1 hour ago, David King said:

6' 3" Senior Bobby Frasco will be launching them from downtown. He led the team last year with 43 three pointers. He could be a tough match up for the Bills' Jack Raboin. In addition, Carbondale native Robby Dosier was lighting it up towards the end of last season and had a team best  0.397% 3pt%. Don't let his looks fool you, if he brings his A game, he could easily go off for 6 or 7 points. Inside, Quincy has ex-Hazelwood Central stud, 6'7" 185 lb Marcus Hinton, who averaged 8 boards a game last year. Rumor has it that he had a Conklin Summer and bulked up by 3 or 4 lbs; all of it muscle. Inside sources claim Marcus was quoted today as saying, "Carte'Are who?"

Last season, the Hawks went 9-18 in Ryan Hellenthal's first season as head coach, which is a far cry from the previous season's 25-7.  RHell knows that back-to-back losing seasons at a program like QU would take him off the short list as a potential successor to Brad Underwood at IU, so he wants the team to get off to a strong start. Expect them to throw everything but the kitchen sink at the Bills tonight. If the fellas listen to RHell, and BF, RD, and MH live up to their hype, the Hawks should be able to keep the Bills within 30.

Excellent scouting report. Thanks! Didn’t realize Jack was expected to play an integral part of the line up.

More importantly, will there be live stats available. He didn’t leave a dumbass response to that question. 💩

4 hours ago, billikenbill said:

So does Quincy have anything, any long range bombers who could keep it close for awhile? Will there be live stats to follow?

In practice Thursday they worked on breaking the 2-2-1 press that Quincy likes to employ and also on defending against a flex offense. Coach also told the team that they’ll play inside-out, just like us, and try to get the ball into the post at least once per possession. 

Hey guys, been following the board for a long time (I love it!) But my first post. Yes, I picked a trolly name on purpose, but I really am a die-hard Bills fan in all sports. Anyway, since I'm a new poster, feel free to rip me a new one. And I really don't mean this as an attack on anyone. I grew up in STL and was the only one to go to SLU while all my friends went to Mizzou, so I FULLY UNDERSTAND all the Mizzou hatred. But is there any way we can make a new thread for talking $h!t on Mizzou? I get it, I really do, but I don't come to the 2019-2020 season thread to see convos on a Mizzou bench player gaining eligibility, know what I mean? No disrespect intended. Anyway, I hope I can become a regular poster here. Wish I could go to the Quincy exhibition tonight, but gotta work. All the best.  #RiseOfTheBillikens!

14 minutes ago, PinkMaleBillikensJersey said:

Hey guys, been following the board for a long time (I love it!) But my first post. Yes, I picked a trolly name on purpose, but I really am a die-hard Bills fan in all sports. Anyway, since I'm a new poster, feel free to rip me a new one. And I really don't mean this as an attack on anyone. I grew up in STL and was the only one to go to SLU while all my friends went to Mizzou, so I FULLY UNDERSTAND all the Mizzou hatred. But is there any way we can make a new thread for talking $h!t on Mizzou? I get it, I really do, but I don't come to the 2019-2020 season thread to see convos on a Mizzou bench player gaining eligibility, know what I mean? No disrespect intended. Anyway, I hope I can become a regular poster here. Wish I could go to the Quincy exhibition tonight, but gotta work. All the best.  #RiseOfTheBillikens!

If you are looking for the 2019-2020 season thread, you are actually in the wrong thread.

SLU_Nick likes this