2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/10/02/schedule-best-games-duke-kentucky-kansas-unc-gonzaga?utm_source=reddit.com

SATURDAY, DEC. 22

St. Louis at Florida State, TBA (in Sunrise, Fla.)

The Billikens could very well make their first NCAA tournament since 2014 this year, and this trip will be a good measuring stick of where they’re at. It’s the toughest game of a solid non-conference slate for St. Louis.

Two Billikens make Andy Katz top 15 transfers to watch:

9. Tramaine Isabell Jr., Saint Louis: Isabell was a star at Drexel last season, averaging 21 a game. He started his career at Missouri. So, he has had to come into multiple programs, make a solid impression and get off to a great start. The Billikens need a player like Isabell if they’re going to compete for the top of the A-10. 

12. Dion Wiley, Saint Louis: Wiley had four seasons at Maryland and will end up shifting that experience to a Billikens team that should be on the verge of a breakthrough season. The exception is for him to become much more of a scoring threat. And there is a real chance that will occur. 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-10-02/top-15-transfers-watch-college-basketball-season

2 hours ago, Brighton said:

Saint Louis, but otherwise good to see us listed.

Bess at number 20 in A 10 top 25 player list after CAG at 21.  I have to believe that French, Goodwin and Isabell also make the list so that would be 5 Billikens in the top 25.  No wonder we are picked to win the league! 

I think JG and HF are no-doubters with Isabell maybe a "possible" since he hasn't played in the league yet, but his reputation should get him in.

Sidepoint:  I doubt that any team in the country would have 5 of the top 25 players in their conference's list.

I rewatched a few games recently and noticed a few trends last year.

Bess and Goodwin were always reliable teammates and will continue to be. 

French didn’t really have many bad games but excelled tremendously when we needed him to. 

Foreman was a much bigger threat than I remember.

I won’t say names but those who cost us the significant amount of “errors” are gone. 

After rewatching Virginia tech, it was clear that Bess won that game for us. A less fatigued Bess can win POY. Bess took on the ACC with 2 inexperienced freshmen and some lucky 3’s. 

I think next year will have Bess and Goodwin dominating in offense and defense consistently Tremaine putting up huge numbers and our 3pt threat, Wiley can be a surprise. French and Gordon will be huge role players and bully the court. 

Less than a month away...

29 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I rewatched a few games recently and noticed a few trends last year.

Bess and Goodwin were always reliable teammates and will continue to be. 

French didn’t really have many bad games but excelled tremendously when we needed him to. 

Foreman was a much bigger threat than I remember.

I won’t say names but those who cost us the significant amount of “errors” are gone. 

After rewatching Virginia tech, it was clear that Bess won that game for us. A less fatigued Bess can win POY. Bess took on the ACC with 2 inexperienced freshmen and some lucky 3’s. 

I think next year will have Bess and Goodwin dominating in offense and defense consistently Tremaine putting up huge numbers and our 3pt threat, Wiley can be a surprise. French and Gordon will be huge role players and bully the court. 

Less than a month away...

Decent post for you, Ravs, but you’re wrong on one thing for sure.   Even if their scoring numbers don’t show it, CAG and French are not “role players”.  They’re gonna be major contributors. 

17 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Decent post for you, Ravs, but you’re wrong on one thing for sure.   Even if their scoring numbers don’t show it, CAG and French are not “role players”.  They’re gonna be major contributors. 

I know they will be major contributors but the difference this year is we have 6 all star players. Some have to take a bigger role than others. It could go either way 

Ford was on KMOX this morning. When asked about Isabell he said the challenge was to fit his creativity into the offense. He will have the green light within the constraints of the offense. Said it’s a work in progress. I think you will see different leading scorers almost every game. Maybe the same for rebounds. 

53 minutes ago, willie said:

Ford was on KMOX this morning. When asked about Isabell he said the challenge was to fit his creativity into the offense. He will have the green light within the constraints of the offense. Said it’s a work in progress. I think you will see different leading scorers almost every game. Maybe the same for rebounds. 

W/r/t rebounding, I can’t imagine we’ll have anyone averaging double digits just given how many guys we have that will hit the boards.

1 hour ago, willie said:

Missed it. thanks for the recap...Did he say anything else notable this morning?

14 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

W/r/t rebounding, I can’t imagine we’ll have anyone averaging double digits just given how many guys we have that will hit the boards.

Shoot, when was the last time the Bills had anyone averaging double-digit rebounds?  Anyone since Anthony Bonner led the nation with over 13 per game in 1990?  Maybe Jamal Johnson in '95?

54 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Missed it. thanks for the recap...Did he say anything else notable this morning?

Praised the leadership of Bess and Jordan. Said CAG is one of the hardest working freshman he’s ever been around then included Thatch as an afterthought. The rest was coachspeak. Did say the 4 bigs are all making each other better everyday thru competition. 

VeniceMenace likes this

-noticed on front page that A10 Talk is rating top 25 players, CAG at #21 and JB at #20, are both HF and JGood going to make the top 20? I guess the kid from Davidson will be #1 or in a nod to all of their pre-season "championships" a player from SVU.

I really think that most of the board is sleeping on Bess.  I think that he will be the leading scorer and best all around player this year when adding in his defense and rebounding.

I think the three leaders in playing time will be Bess, French, and Goodwin.  If Thatch and CAG prove their worth early and Wellmer and Foreman come back strong from their injuries, it wouldn't surprise me if Isabelle and Wiley don't get as much playing time as many expect.

25 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I really think that most of the board is sleeping on Bess.  I think that he will be the leading scorer and best all around player this year when adding in his defense and rebounding.

I think the three leaders in playing time will be Bess, French, and Goodwin.  If Thatch and CAG prove their worth early and Wellmer and Foreman come back strong from their injuries, it wouldn't surprise me if Isabelle and Wiley don't get as much playing time as many expect.

Isabell (no e) is going to play a ton.  No doubt about it.  He will score a lot as well.