2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

Don't know why OG gets under so many posters skins. If it's a long post, e.g. Structural engineering, read a sentence or two if you think it's going to put you to sleep and move on. He's not a troll, but at times he can be Captain Obvious. 

I think there's a group of posters who believe that Old Guy is a current posters alternate account.

i think old guy is old guy.   no second account.    the rumors of some of our regs having a second alterego imo dont fit.   those rumored folk have way too much ego to allow old guy to get credit for their thoughts.  

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i think old guy is old guy.   no second account.    the rumors of some of our regs having a second alterego imo dont fit.   those rumored folk have way too much ego to allow old guy to get credit for their thoughts.  

Exactly, OG's the poster who came up with my all time favorite, Mexican Ice Cubes. 

22 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Exactly, OG's the poster who came up with my all time favorite, Mexican Ice Cubes. 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

I mean the fact that he actually had funny posts are proof it's not Bobby.

7 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

No surprise on that list last season it was Loyola this season SLU will be the surprise team where we get to hear about coach Ford being fired coming to SLU and building a great team.

55 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Loyola will not be a top 25 team this year imo, I predict the same drop off as with south carolina

Loyola is going to be nothing like South Carolina.  Loyola returns their top two scorers in Custer and Townes.  Plus, Krutwig is only a sophomore and was their best player by far on a per possession basis.  South Carolina lost their top two scorers and the guy who tied for third in scoring on their team.  Loyola may have trouble hanging in the top 25 because of the conference they are in, but barring a major injury will make the tournament.  

This should be an up year for the Valley.  If Malik can keep his s together, IL. St. should be a tournament team.  SIU has shot at being in contention if some stuff breaks their way.  SIU probably isn't talented enough to make the dance, but really should be a NIT team.

TheChosenOne likes this

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Loyola is going to be nothing like South Carolina.  Loyola returns their top two scorers in Custer and Townes.  Plus, Krutwig is only a sophomore and was their best player by far on a per possession basis.  South Carolina lost their top two scorers and the guy who tied for third in scoring on their team.  Loyola may have trouble hanging in the top 25 because of the conference they are in, but barring a major injury will make the tournament.  

This should be an up year for the Valley.  If Malik can keep his s together, IL. St. should be a tournament team.  SIU has shot at being in contention if some stuff breaks their way.  SIU probably isn't talented enough to make the dance, but really should be a NIT team.

didnt Loyola also have a 4* Fr sit out all year?

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

didnt Loyola also have a 4* Fr sit out all year?

Christian Negron.  He actually saw very limited action last season coming off a major knee injury.  It is still questionable how much that is going to impact him going forward.  I really am rooting for the kid.  I started following his twitter feed for some reason and it really is really unlike any other college basketball players twitter feed.  The kid is mature beyond his years.

Negron had a SLU offer from the Crews days. He also had a number of Big Ten offers and looked like a sure thing for that league before blowing out his knee. Loyola took a chance that he'd eventually bounce back to the form he once had.

12 minutes ago, Mobile-iken said:

5 SEC School's...Are we sure this isn't for football?

Since I've really been tracking recruiting the past several years, it has become clear that the SEC was a sleeping giant. It's been every bit as successful as any other conference in terms of landing top recruits the past few years. With all the football revenue coming into these schools, they've spent big on coaches and built out athletic facilities in a major way (gotta launder it somewhere to pretend you aren't a really profitable non-profit, eh?), and the recruits have started to follow. The SEC landed about 20-25 top 100 players (depending on the ranking service) in the 2017 and 2018 classes, and have more 2019 top 100 commitments (~9) than any other conference so far.

It has been either the worst or second-worst power conference in basketball (along with the Pac 12) for a while now, more in line with the A10, MWC, and American, but that has really changed. Get used to a strong SEC across the board, not just Kentucky and Florida and everybody else.

20 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Since I've really been tracking recruiting the past several years, it has become clear that the SEC was a sleeping giant. It's been every bit as successful as any other conference in terms of landing top recruits the past few years. With all the football revenue coming into these schools, they've spent big on coaches and built out athletic facilities in a major way (gotta launder it somewhere to pretend you aren't a really profitable non-profit, eh?), and the recruits have started to follow. The SEC landed about 20-25 top 100 players (depending on the ranking service) in the 2017 and 2018 classes, and have more 2019 top 100 commitments (~9) than any other conference so far.

It has been either the worst or second-worst power conference in basketball (along with the Pac 12) for a while now, more in line with the A10, MWC, and American, but that has really changed. Get used to a strong SEC across the board, not just Kentucky and Florida and everybody else.

Tennessee and auburn have turned into a juggernaut