2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good interview. Mike Kelly did a good job. Gordon very talented. Goodwin does everything well,shot has improved. Isabell is what the team needed. Played against each other in aau ,can get his shot off over anyone.Javon wants to guard the oppositions best player. Wants to stay in the game after career is over. Coach or something. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Very good interview. Mike Kelly did a good job. Gordon very talented. Goodwin does everything well,shot has improved. Isabell is what the team needed. Played against each other in aau ,can get his shot off over anyone.Javon wants to guard the oppositions best player. Wants to stay in the game after career is over. Coach or something. 

Three other comments from the interview:

Biggest thing they are working on in practice is team chemistry. 

Called Ford a confidence coach.  Example, if you are open go ahead and shoot even if you are having a bad day.

Phil Forte may be the best shooter in the gym.

Also Bess hasn’t picked a masters program yet.

54 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

That much I believe. Is Ford second?

25 years ago Ford shot 52.8% from beyond the arc over an entire the season as the 2nd leading scorer on a Final 4 team. Made 101 of 191 attempts. Not exactly a lightweight.

17 minutes ago, almaman said:

Let’s hope we get invited to another practice like 2 years ago. 

ford did answer someone on twitter by saying he hopes to get everyone in for another practice soon. 

1 hour ago, almaman said:

Let’s hope we get invited to another practice like 2 years ago. 

All you have to do is call the basketball office and ask to go to a practice.  I went to 4 last preseason.

9 minutes ago, Pistol said:

So Isabell will be there Wednesday. Does that just leave Wiley and Gudmundsson?

wiley is in town, not sure if hes been at practice tho. 

2 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Looks like Jacobs is participating with the team.

That is great news!  I think he has a tremendous future with the team.  I assume that this news means he has taken care of whatever academic issues he had.  I envision Jacobs as a 3rd guard (1st off the bench) this year and the replacement for Isabell next year.  I hope he is that good.

AS Bess said in his KMOX interview, the team is working hard on chemistry and, while I have no issue with Thor's absence to play with a National team representing Iceland, he is falling further behind his teammates in the "building chemistry" department.

2 hours ago, bauman said:

AS Bess said in his KMOX interview, the team is working hard on chemistry and, while I have no issue with Thor's absence to play with a National team representing Iceland, he is falling further behind his teammates in the "building chemistry" department.

By the time Thor shows up he will simply just have to fit in.  No problem for one guy to just join in and find his place.  No chance for a clique to start when he comes.

2 hours ago, bauman said:

Thor I felt was going to be far down the bench this year anyway.  Im counting on him in about 2 years, so where hes at now will help more so than at practice now. 

Chemistry is great, but it tends to get overrated.  If the kid can hit 3's from deep, avoid being a liability on defense and not turn the ball over........ he will get some minutes.   Because he was playing in a pro league, he won't have to make the same adjustment many freshman have to make when it comes to playing against stronger and bigger players than in high school.

HenryB and slufanskip like this

On 7/8/2018 at 2:40 PM, willie said:

Anyone know where I can find audio? 

37 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Chemistry is great, but it tends to get overrated.  If the kid can hit 3's from deep, avoid being a liability on defense and not turn the ball over........ he will get some minutes.   Because he was playing in a pro league, he won't have to make the same adjustment many freshman have to make when it comes to playing against stronger and bigger players than in high school.

Chemistry is more than getting along. It's knowing the strengths and proclivities of your teammates, when they're going to zig and not zag, helping each other be in the best position for success.

Quality Is Job 1 likes this