2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

even pickup basketball i would expect more than that.   they might as well have had 4 guys stand at their basket and the one not on that end take it out and throw to the other end.  i couldnt have watched that for more than a minute.   

of course i would have missed the amazing stuff back by goodwin.   that was the only thing worth seeing. 

MidMajorMadness.com mentioned SLU a few times again today in an article made up from some questions they received on Twitter.

Who makes the tournament from the A-10?

— Sam Newberry (@Snewb22) July 5, 2018

Everybody’s favorite multi-bid conference is due for a year with some fresh faces in the NCAA Tournament. With recent powers such as Rhode Island, VCU and Dayton looking to find their footing, it opens the door for different teams to take the throne. Davidson looks capable of returning to the NCAA Tournament, and the Wildcats are probably your safest bet. Operating under the assumption that the A-10 will be a multi-bid league again, you’re probably looking at two or three teams. If you’re a believer in the talent at Saint Louis like I am, you can make a case that they’ll be able to make it for the first time under Travis Ford. Here’s my official prediction as of 4:47 p.m. on July 5: Davidson, Saint Louis, and George Mason.

Starting five for SLU

— Max (@mgoring10) July 5, 2018

Congrats to Saint Louis for making an appearance in back-to-back FQF’s (yes, this is the abbreviation we’re using). The Bilikens have the benefit of returning five players who started at some point last year, so there will probably be plenty of familiar faces getting some burn. The starting lineup will probably be Jordan Goodwin, Tramaine Isabell, Javon Bess, Hasahn French and DJ Foreman. Dion Wiley and Carte’Are Gordon might also get a shot at some point.

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

even pickup basketball i would expect more than that.   they might as well have had 4 guys stand at their basket and the one not on that end take it out and throw to the other end.  i couldnt have watched that for more than a minute.   

of course i would have missed the amazing stuff back by goodwin.   that was the only thing worth seeing. 

lol. it’s like the all-star games — as long as no one gets hurt it’s a job well done by all. defense optional 

18 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

lol. it’s like the all-star games — as long as no one gets hurt it’s a job well done by all. defense optional 

No kidding.  Do we want our guys to get some light scrimmage/practice in during the offseason? Yes.  Do we want them to go max effort in some meaningless offseason scrimmage? No.  Context matters. 

On 7/6/2018 at 10:09 AM, SLURadioBoy said:

MidMajorMadness.com mentioned SLU a few times again today in an article made up from some questions they received on Twitter.

Who makes the tournament from the A-10?

— Sam Newberry (@Snewb22) July 5, 2018

Everybody’s favorite multi-bid conference is due for a year with some fresh faces in the NCAA Tournament. With recent powers such as Rhode Island, VCU and Dayton looking to find their footing, it opens the door for different teams to take the throne. Davidson looks capable of returning to the NCAA Tournament, and the Wildcats are probably your safest bet. Operating under the assumption that the A-10 will be a multi-bid league again, you’re probably looking at two or three teams. If you’re a believer in the talent at Saint Louis like I am, you can make a case that they’ll be able to make it for the first time under Travis Ford. Here’s my official prediction as of 4:47 p.m. on July 5: Davidson, Saint Louis, and George Mason.

Starting five for SLU

— Max (@mgoring10) July 5, 2018

Congrats to Saint Louis for making an appearance in back-to-back FQF’s (yes, this is the abbreviation we’re using). The Bilikens have the benefit of returning five players who started at some point last year, so there will probably be plenty of familiar faces getting some burn. The starting lineup will probably be Jordan Goodwin, Tramaine Isabell, Javon Bess, Hasahn French and DJ Foreman. Dion Wiley and Carte’Are Gordon might also get a shot at some point.

Much like we discussed last year regarding Goodwin, I don't think TF recruited Gordon to come off the bench, although with all the work a healthy Foreman has put in, plus his experience  I guess it's possible that CAG starts the season as the first sub in (around the 15:00 clock time) at least for the first 5-6 games.