2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The interesting thing about this team is that we have 4 or 5 "possible" 1st team A-10 candidates.  HF, JG, CAG JB and based on how good he turns out to be Isabell.  If any of them perform as they could they would be serious candidates for All League honors.  That says something about our depth.

TheChosenOne and Zink like this

5 hours ago, bauman said:

The interesting thing about this team is that we have 4 or 5 "possible" 1st team A-10 candidates.  HF, JG, CAG JB and based on how good he turns out to be Isabell.  If any of them perform as they could they would be serious candidates for All League honors.  That says something about our depth.

They probably wouldnt put more than 2 players in all A10 unless we made it to the elite 8 or something. They usually go by stats and good players on bad teams can really stand out 

1 hour ago, TFord and TRavs said:

They probably wouldnt put more than 2 players in all A10 unless we made it to the elite 8 or something. They usually go by stats and good players on bad teams can really stand out 

All-league teams are usually voted on after the end of the regular season and don't include post-season performance.

15 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Need to read more carefully, TF/TR.

I didn't say we would get 4 or 5 players on the All A-10 1st team, but rather that we could have 4 or 5 "possible" CANDIDATES.  Agreed we would nver have more than 2, and likely not even 2, on the 1st team All Conference, unless they do as some selectors  are now doing and selecting 8- 10 1st team members.  I am referring to the old fashion 5 man team All Conf.

13 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

That beast mode at the beginning (same footage at the 5:10 mark)...towel me. Also, both guys hitting outside shots. 

Obviously, only so much one can take from this, but at least it's some recent video of our guys. 

I like the perimeter shooting by both of them, but hope the video is not recent (last few weeks or so) since Santos  looks way too heavy to be able to compete with French, Gordon and Foreman.  Hopefully, if the video is recent, he is working hard in the weight room to get cut like he looked last year.

25 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

That beast mode at the beginning (same footage at the 5:10 mark)...towel me. Also, both guys hitting outside shots. 

Obviously, only so much one can take from this, but at least it's some recent video of our guys. 

Thatch is a PROBLEM

3 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

So Santos can shoot. Are we underestimating him? he was a 4* out of HS and is our biggest Forward

STFU with highschool ratings all time time. its annoying, more than your usual annoying 

42 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Santos being able to hit threes is huge if he’s able to do it somewhat consistently. 

Also, everyone should hop over to YouTube and leave a “like” on this video. “Lob City Productions” is run by a SLU kid and it definitely would be good to let him know what he does is appreciated. He seems fairly well connected in STL high school basketball scene, and wouldn’t be a bad person to have supporting the Bills. 

Also check out the previous video he posted on his channel featuring JGood and CAG, and drop a like on that one as well.  Goodwin looks very in shape. And Carte’are is just a beast- and an underrated passer. 

TheChosenOne and moytoy12 like this

31 minutes ago, bauman said:

I like the perimeter shooting by both of them, but hope the video is not recent (last few weeks or so) since Santos  looks way too heavy to be able to compete with French, Gordon and Foreman.  Hopefully, if the video is recent, he is working hard in the weight room to get cut like he looked last year.

the video was posted yesterday and the description reads as follows: "Luis Santos and Fred Thatch Jr. got a chance to go at SLU recruit, Mario McKinney, and Ole Miss recruit, Jordan Nesbitt, this past weekend. They dominated in the Patrick McCaw Pro-Am matchup, ending the game early, 73-47."

From MidMajorMadness.com...

This doesn't really explain why we were a 500 team last year and calls Isabell a returning player, but this site is high on our talent.

Can Saint Louis put it all together this year?

On paper, Saint Louis might be the most talented team in the Atlantic 10. They bring back guys like Tramaine Isabell, Javon Bess and Jordan Goodwin while adding in talented pieces in Dion Wiley and Carte’Are Gordon. This will be the best team Travis Ford has had at Saint Louis. A .500 finish last year showed the flashes, but this year, Saint Louis could be the preseason favorite in what looks to be a bit of a down year in the A-10. That’s going to put a lot of pressure on the Bilikens to reach their potential. I’ve been buying stock in the Bilikens’ talent since last season, so put me in the camp as being a believer in them this year.

12 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Santos being able to hit threes is huge if he’s able to do it somewhat consistently. 

Also, everyone should hop over to YouTube and leave a “like” on this video. “Lob City Productions” is run by a SLU kid and it definitely would be good to let him know what he does is appreciated. He seems fairly well connected in STL high school basketball scene, and wouldn’t be a bad person to have supporting the Bills. 

Also check out the previous video he posted on his channel featuring JGood and CAG, and drop a like on that one as well.  Goodwin looks very in shape. And Carte’are is just a beast- and an underrated passer. 

Ford had mentioned Santos being able to hit threes. Considering he is 0 for 2 in his career, I didn't take what Ford said seriously, but clearly this looks like something he has spent time working on. I know this video is a glorified scrimmage, but Santos stroke looks pretty smooth. If he could at least be something of a threat from 3 that would be a huge plus since EW is the only big who is a threat and he doesn't figure to play much. We're gonna need to be able to spread the floor and open driving lanes for the likes of JG, JB, TI and FT.

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

Ford had mentioned Santos being able to hit threes. Considering he is 0 for 2 in his career, I didn't take what Ford said seriously, but clearly this looks like something he has spent time working on. I know this video is a glorified scrimmage, but Santos stroke looks pretty smooth. If he could at least be something of a threat from 3 that would be a huge plus since EW is the only big who is a threat and he doesn't figure to play much. We're gonna need to be able to spread the floor and open driving lanes for the likes of JG, JB, TI and FT.

You had Billiken Roy until your last sentence!

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Nah, he looks great. I worry more about the other three having to deal with him than the other way around. And honestly, I'm not worried about any of them. They're going to dominate in the frontcourt this year. Pack of werewolves.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Nah, he looks great. I worry more about the other three having to deal with him than the other way around. And honestly, I'm not worried about any of them. They're going to dominate in the frontcourt this year. Pack of werewolves.

That was my thought, too.  Santos's body looked fine.  He has dropped over 20 pounds since arriving on campus.