2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To help with my anxiety, is everyone here other then Thor? I believe Thor now working out with the Iceland Nat Team and will be showing up when the Fall Semester starts.

Are we sure Demarious is good to go? I do see him on the official roster.

8 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

To help with my anxiety, is everyone here other then Thor? I believe Thor now working out with the Iceland Nat Team and will be showing up when the Fall Semester starts.

Are we sure Demarios is good to go? I do see him on the official roster.

http://www.slubillikens.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&SPID=93215&SPSID=632633&DB_OEM_ID=27200

this is not the official roster?   where do we find the official one?

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I would have thought what the school puts on its official website would be official. But I still question about Demarious, is he eligible? Anyone see him in a summer school class? 

It's Demarius. His own Twitter is probably the most reliable source. SLU's official site needs to be updated. A lot of other info is missing, so it's clearly 'in progress' but I still don't excuse the error of getting your own player's name wrong.

I'm guessing that between DJ saying he was on campus and Stu's tweet saying that DJ was expected to clear but the timing wasn't certain, that he is indeed eligible. The timing lines up with the score announcement timing from the ACT, too. So we don't have official word that he's qualified and cleared, but piecing things together, it sure looks positive to me.

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

It's Demarius. His own Twitter is probably the most reliable source. SLU's official site needs to be updated. A lot of other info is missing, so it's clearly 'in progress' but I still don't excuse the error of getting your own player's name wrong.

I'm guessing that between DJ saying he was on campus and Stu's tweet saying that DJ was expected to clear but the timing wasn't certain, that he is indeed eligible. The timing lines up with the score announcement timing from the ACT, too. So we don't have official word that he's qualified and cleared, but piecing things together, it sure looks positive to me.

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211733152&DB_OEM_ID=27200

It looks like they spelled it correctly on the player page, just not on the roster page. Great work! 

20 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Thanks Pistol.

Just one question, this will get the abbreviation sticklers going,  I thought Foreman was called DJ :) ?

20 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Thanks Pistol.

Just one question, this will get the abbreviation sticklers going,  I thought Foreman was called DJ :) ?

Billiken Roy, please do NOT read this message!!!

I think DJ should belong to Jacobs since that is his initials.  Foreman should be DF or if you are hung up on him being DJ for some of us last year then go with DJF.  Or if you are a BR follower you can spell out Jacobs and Foreman everytime you want to refer to them.

The other player who has a couple of possibilities is our guy from way up North.  He could be IG or Thor, which some of us have gotten used to using. For me, either works but if Roy wants to spell his entire last name out everytime he refers to him than more power to BR!

Edited by bauman
typo

14 minutes ago, bauman said:

Billiken Roy, please do NOT read this message!!!

I think DJ should belong to Jacobs since that is his initials.  Foreman should be DF or if you are hung up on him being DJ for some of us last year then go with DJF.  Or if you are a BR follower you can spell out Jacobs and Foreman everytime you want to refer to them.

The other player who has a couple of possibilities is our guy from way up North.  He could be IG or Thor, which some of us have gotten used to using. For me, either works but if Roy wants to spell his entire last name out everytime he refers to him than more power to BR!

it the least we can do to be respectful to our players.  they should not be subjected to confusing initials.   

27 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

it the least we can do to be respectful to our players.  they should not be subjected to confusing initials.   

Roy, I respect the players as much as you do and that respect is not negated by using a shorthand method of referring to them.  I also respect you as a rabid Billiken fan, but I believe your long-standing crusade against the use of initials is much ado about nothing.  You are certainly free to refer to the players any way you choose as are all the rest of us.  I seriously doubt that any Board posters are being disrespectful to players when they identify them through initials, nor do I think any players who might read this Board would take the use of initials as a sign of disrespect toward them.

wgstl and Littlebill like this

42 minutes ago, bauman said:

Roy, I respect the players as much as you do and that respect is not negated by using a shorthand method of referring to them.  I also respect you as a rabid Billiken fan, but I believe your long-standing crusade against the use of initials is much ado about nothing.  You are certainly free to refer to the players any way you choose as are all the rest of us.  I seriously doubt that any Board posters are being disrespectful to players when they identify them through initials, nor do I think any players who might read this Board would take the use of initials as a sign of disrespect toward them.

Just so you understand I NEVER finish reading a post once I come to "shorthand initials".  I will forever believe that isn't right.  And you all can have it.  But not me.  

19 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

So you know for a fact that the players feel that they are not being respected when people on the board refer to them by their initials - I for one do not know this personally.

38 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

So you know for a fact that the players feel that they are not being respected when people on the board refer to them by their initials - I for one do not know this personally.

I’ll let you in on a secret. All of the players think everybody posting here are weirdos.