2018-19 season

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i hope they are practicing free throws.   other teams are going to have to beat on our front guys to compete and we need to be able to convert those opportunities at the line.   i am tired of french having to sit out the last 3 minutes of the game.  

It won’t suck as bad as last year as all replacements much better this year

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, brianstl said:

Having four bigs of the quality we have isn’t a problem.  All four can go all out at both ends of the court while they are in there without having to worry about getting gassed and having to stay out of foul trouble.  Ford can just tell them to have at it boys.

Ihope we don't run out of crutches from all our bigs beating the crap out of each other scrimmaging 

-I don't know who gets the credit, but I like what they are showing us, I watched that video that starts with CFord probably 6 times, I'm ready to go...Let's Go Bills!!!!

-who is that at about 8 seconds after JGood does the dribble thing?

1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

-I don't know who gets the credit, but I like what they are showing us, I watched that video that starts with CFord probably 6 times, I'm ready to go...Let's Go Bills!!!!

-who is that at about 8 seconds after JGood does the dribble thing?

Jack Raboin, walk-on who is going to be a Senior.

18 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Too many people are sleeping on Fred Thatch.

I am super excited for Thatch and think he will really develop well.  The Grad Transfers will reduce his court time this season, but I firmly believe he is going to graduate a 1,000 point scorer and as a memorable SLU player.

On 6/20/2018 at 9:44 AM, brianstl said:

Too many people are sleeping on Fred Thatch.

I told a fellow SLU  bball fan last fall that I thought between Watson and Thatch, Thatch would end up being the better overall player. Was I confident in that statement? Not really. But man, I sure hope it turns out to be true. Not sure what it is but I have a feeling he's going to end up being incredibly solid for SLU.

Any sign of Wiley, Isabell and Thor, yet?  It seems like they should be here working with their teammates, unless there is some rule standing in the way.  I don't see EW doing any of the work yet, but at least he is here.  I understand about Jacobs but hope he gets his issue(s) taken care of soon.  If it is an ACT score doesn't the school have some flexibility as far as granting entry, even if conditional or is there some NCAA minimum?

Edited by bauman

10 minutes ago, bauman said:

Any sign of Wiley, Isabell and Thor, yet?  It seems like they should be here working with their teammates, unless there is some rule standing in the way.  I don't see EW doing any of the work yet, but at least he is here.  I understand about Jacobs but hope he gets his issue(s) taken care of soon.  If it is an ACT score doesn't the school have some flexibility as far as granting entry, even if conditional or is there some NCAA minimum?

My son received his ACT score from the June test yesterday. Unfortunately sometimes people receive them weeks apart.

14 minutes ago, bauman said:

They don't have to be back for this part of the summer. This is optional but recommended. Thor has to come from afar, and the other two who are grad transfers typically take a little time off before getting back.  My guess is we'll see them in about 2 weeks.  

25 minutes ago, bauman said:

I guarantee you’ll know as soon as they step on campus. 

15 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Didn’t want to start a new thread for this...I see French is giving a lot of shout outs to Mo Bamba.  Also, he posted a picture of them playing against each other (presumably in AAU ball).  Anyone know the connection?  

I know they've been friends for a long time.  I remember when Mo's brother was trying to throw Mo under the bus and turn him into the FBI, and french was pretty vocal about his support. 

Found it, they played at PSC(AAU) together.  Thats probably a big reason why french at his height isnt scared of any center. 

moytoy12 likes this

15 hours ago, slusam said:

My son received his ACT score from the June test yesterday. Unfortunately sometimes people receive them weeks apart.

15 hours ago, bauman said:

The most recent test was June 9th. Multiple choice scores were supposed to be released on the 19th, with complete scores (with essay) released by July 3rd. I think the variability comes into play based on when the test taker's essay gets graded. Could be right after the 19th, could be in July. So Jacobs probably doesn't have his full June score yet, but should at least know how he did on the multiple choice portion.

The last ACT of the 2017-2018 period is July 14th. Multiple choice scores are due on the 24th, with complete scores (with essay) due on August 7th. So that's basically the latest Jacobs would know. Let's hope he got it on this June one.