2018-19 season

12 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

the original composer of "it's hard work being a billiken fan" was/is nekillibtseug who i consider a good friend.   he is a long time billiken fan/booster/ticketholder, (probably longer than 05 has been alive) and knows more about the billikens than all of us combined.   in no way do i consider him a negative fan.  he is a realist that recognized early on that the challenges of dealing with the ups and downs of a program like the billikens can take a lot of patience and composure.   but i cant for the likes of me see where one would consider the phrase negative.   

tseugnekillib

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone follow A10 Talk on twitter?  How garbage is that account???  I know they’re just amateur writers, but Jesus H Christ, they are terribly informed about 75% of the league  

They just said Duquesne will have the best bigs in the league this year...  French, Santos, Gordon, and Foreman might have something to say about that. 

10 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

does anyone follow A10 Talk on twitter?  How garbage is that account???  I know they’re just amateur writers, but Jesus H Christ, they are terribly informed about 75% of the league  

They just said Duquesne will have the best bigs in the league this year...  French, Santos, Gordon, and Foreman might have something to say about that. 

I follow them and it’s clear that they have favorite teams. I feel like they don’t much about SLU unless they are doing good

I am sure Welmer is very interested in playing again and his Doctors may be saying he is ready to play, but this is not enough to insure he will be able to play a full season. The real issue is whether or not his foot will take the strain, first of practice and then of actual play, without breaking again. That is the key.

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

Do we know if this means that Isabell has completed his stuff to actually have graduated?  Wiley had already graduated and Hankton was already NCAA qualified. According to the SLU AD page they wrote that he eligible to play right away so should we interpret that as he as finished all his work?

7 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Anyone catch Coach Ford on with Frank at 10:30?

Nothing new. Isabell and Goodwin will share PG/SG duties. Goodwin is down to 205lb. 

Wiley will be in town this weekend  

High on Thatch.  Said the Iceman’s strength is his outside shooting.  Had been  looking at KC for a while and when things opened up they offered.

Listed all inside players and included Welmer.  No mention of Jacobs in the interview.

He can see playing 10 to 11.  

No problem with the NCAA rule change this week.  Coaches had been given a heads up.  More changes coming in next 4 to 6 months.

Good interview. It's the first time I've heard coach talk about about liking a big who can stretch the floor (KC).  I think it shows he would like to have a healthy Welmer on the team.  He also talked about players having and recognizing their roles as the players and team evolves.  It will be wonderful to see Ford have the flexibility to use players to address various situations.  Putting players in situations that take advantage of ther strengths. As apposed to last year where max coaching effort was required to simply keep key players from fouling out on a paper thin team.

1 hour ago, Aquinas said:

Good interview. It's the first time I've heard coach talk about about liking a big who can stretch the floor (KC).  I think it shows he would like to have a healthy Welmer on the team.  He also talked about players having and recognizing their roles as the players and team evolves.  It will be wonderful to see Ford have the flexibility to use players to address various situations.  Putting players in situations that take advantage of ther strengths. As apposed to last year where max coaching effort was required to simply keep key players from fouling out on a paper thin team.

Just listened to it... He says Gordon is 75/25 that he ever suits up in a Billiken's game. WTF? Frank - stop spreading rumors. 

bauman likes this

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

I don't get this stuff with Gordon - he is enrolled, he is on campus and he says everything is fine.  Ford says the same thing.  Who is feeding this stuff to Frank? or is Frank just looking for clicks so to speak?  Where would Gordon go at this point?

Can you enroll in school if you haven't qualified? Is that even an issue?

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

I don't get this stuff with Gordon - he is enrolled, he is on campus and he says everything is fine.  Ford says the same thing.  Who is feeding this stuff to Frank? or is Frank just looking for clicks so to speak?  Where would Gordon go at this point?

I'm with you.  I think some people just can't let it go that he is a Billiken.  I know Frank supports us well, but media these days is stir-the-pot. 

I did find the SLU press release yesterday, Billikens Add Three To Roster, odd?  Why was it not Billikens Add Five To Roster?  Thatch and Gordon not mentioned and they have moved on campus per SLU's video release of them being greeted by the coaching staff?  Hmmmmm...

10 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Just listened to it... He says Gordon is 75/25 that he ever suits up in a Billiken's game. WTF? Frank - stop spreading rumors. 

Did he say it before the interview or after? How can he have a chummy conversation with Ford and then drop that?

The way this has gone, Gordon is going to be playing in a game for SLU in November and local sports media and Mizzou fans on Twitter are going to be like, "I don't see it, I think he's going to be playing somewhere else this season."

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Did he say it before the interview or after? How can he have a chummy conversation with Ford and then drop that?

The way this has gone, Gordon is going to be playing in a game for SLU in November and local sports media and Mizzou fans on Twitter are going to be like, "I don't see it, I think he's going to be playing somewhere else this season."

End of the audio, after he had already hung up with Coach Ford. Frank was talking about how good Gordon is, how people have continuously said he won't "end up" at SLU, and that folks told him a couple months ago it was probably 50/50. He then said he would "up" his odds to 75/25 but it's been "interesting" or something like that...

But JFC, he's on campus, practicing, featured in promo videos, and is (from what I can tell) basically with Goodwin all the time. People need to stfu. I feel bad for the kid. He's obviously done some immature things but he's seemed to have figured it out. 

16 minutes ago, Macallan 18 said:

I'm with you.  I think some people just can't let it go that he is a Billiken.  I know Frank supports us well, but media these days is stir-the-pot. 

I did find the SLU press release yesterday, Billikens Add Three To Roster, odd?  Why was it not Billikens Add Five To Roster?  Thatch and Gordon not mentioned and they have moved on campus per SLU's video release of them being greeted by the coaching staff?  Hmmmmm...

They issued one for Gordon and Thatch during the early signing period. 

13 minutes ago, Macallan 18 said:

I think it is as simple as the fact that CAG and FT had both been officially announced   on the school's web page, while none of the three recent additions had been officially announced

16 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The other interesting thing I found from the interview is that he first mentioned Thatch as a top 3 point threat. Said that Thatch is going to play a lot of minutes and make a big impact in the league. If Thatch has developed a consistent outside shot he is going to be an absolute nightmare. Think Jordair - but better...maybe?

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Board overreaction to Frank's comment on Gordon.  He is saying, thumbs up on Gordon. 

How is it an overreaction? I think it is bull**** that he made the comment. Isabell still needs to graduate, jacobs still has some academic issues, Wiley isn't even on campus, Thor is still in Iceland  -- yet the only comment that was hedged was about Gordon?