Tramaine Isabell - 2018 Commit - Grad Transfer

JMM28

19 minutes ago, Zink said:

Your premise is wrong here. There are 4 regions that each have 4 teams seeded 1-4... that means the 16th best team (according to the committee) is the last 4-seed. Teams 17-24 make up the 5-6 seeds, while the 25th would get a 7 seed.

Edit: @WVBilliken beat me to the punch

OK - thanks for explaining that but I still don't think if you are a top 25 team that you would be an 8th seed anywhere.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Schasz said:

After last season you have to be pumped if you are a true Bills fan. What other schools were we in competition for Isabell's services. I see a road trip in my future as this team has real chance to get us back to the Big Dance!

Got that 60,000 bonus miles on my southwest visa 

55 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

55 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

56 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

We're flying in on southwest in a few days for a quick trip.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Gordon is the only unproven bc, a fresh.

Ok. I’ll buy the proven (at the college level) point. I wouldn’t want to bet a whole lot of money on who will be our leading scorer. Guess I would take Goodwin or Bess just because I think they will play the most minutes. I see a lot of guys around 12 points a game.(including Gordon) 

St. Joe's: key losses = Newkirk and Demery.  Key gains:  returning from injury Kimble and Brown plus Freshman PG, four-star Jared Bynum.

Analysis:  with Demery and Newkirk, you lose 70 minutes and 34.3 ppg.  Kimble and Brown had the same mpg two years ago but were short about 6 ppg combined.  Will they return such firepower with a year of rust?  Martelli doesn't usually throw his freshmen out there unless they are special but Bynum is from DC Prep and held his own in recent Capital Classic.  He and Kimble are only PGs on roster.  Chris Clover and Nick Robinson are servicable backups.

On the front line, Funk and Olivia are stretch fours.  Anthony Longpre showed some development late.  If Martelli gets any production out of Lodge or  Edwards, it will be gravy.  The Hawks are due an injury-free year shortly. 

The rest of the A10 is a work in progress.  Davidson has Grady and Thor the Elder but nothing on the front line.  Dayton has seven kids on the roster but only five with D1 experience.  Duquesne has Lewis II  and Williams and a whole bunch of new guys.  Fordham is Fordham.  Mason is the same as last year but added VA transfer Jared Reutter to a weak front line.  But Livingstone and Grayer seem to own us.  GeeDubya is in shambles right now.  La Salle and Umass are starting over.  Rhode Island is impressivley guard-oriented but equally weak on the front line.  But Jermaine Harris is a four-star PF beast.  Can't wait to see him and CAG go at it.  Richmond lost a lot of knowns in Fore and Buckingham but Mooney seems to do more with less.  Speaking of more with less, Schmidt always overachieves and he'll need to do that again.  And I don't think VCU of now is anyway near the VCU we all knew.  Jury still out on Rhodes although Rice transfer Marcus Evans is supposedly the real deal.

I think the nadicapper willgo SJU,SLU and Rhodey.  Somebody will surprise but there is a whole lot of mediocre lurking out there right now.

15 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

St. Joe's: key losses = Newkirk and Demery.  Key gains:  returning from injury Kimble and Brown plus Freshman PG, four-star Jared Bynum.

Analysis:  with Demery and Newkirk, you lose 70 minutes and 34.3 ppg.  Kimble and Brown had the same mpg two years ago but were short about 6 ppg combined.  Will they return such firepower with a year of rust?  Martelli doesn't usually throw his freshmen out there unless they are special but Bynum is from DC Prep and held his own in recent Capital Classic.  He and Kimble are only PGs on roster.  Chris Clover and Nick Robinson are servicable backups.

On the front line, Funk and Olivia are stretch fours.  Anthony Longpre showed some development late.  If Martelli gets any production out of Lodge or  Edwards, it will be gravy.  The Hawks are due an injury-free year shortly. 

The rest of the A10 is a work in progress.  Davidson has Grady and Thor the Elder but nothing on the front line.  Dayton has seven kids on the roster but only five with D1 experience.  Duquesne has Lewis II  and Williams and a whole bunch of new guys.  Fordham is Fordham.  Mason is the same as last year but added VA transfer Jared Reutter to a weak front line.  But Livingstone and Grayer seem to own us.  GeeDubya is in shambles right now.  La Salle and Umass are starting over.  Rhode Island is impressivley guard-oriented but equally weak on the front line.  But Jermaine Harris is a four-star PF beast.  Can't wait to see him and CAG go at it.  Richmond lost a lot of knowns in Fore and Buckingham but Mooney seems to do more with less.  Speaking of more with less, Schmidt always overachieves and he'll need to do that again.  And I don't think VCU of now is anyway near the VCU we all knew.  Jury still out on Rhodes although Rice transfer Marcus Evans is supposedly the real deal.

I think the nadicapper willgo SJU,SLU and Rhodey.  Somebody will surprise but there is a whole lot of mediocre lurking out there right now.

Evans tore his Achilles tendon today, so he's probably done for the year for VCU. 

10 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Am I drunk or Do we need towel me shirts? 

Both, I am in for one would like to see it done in a blue shirt or blue towel.

We could bring towels to games.

11 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I did not realize that Tramaine Isabel put his name in for the 2018 NBA draft before pulling out.

So many different ways one could respond to your message but I''ll take the mature road for once.

When I read about him putting his name in, I used the google machine to see if there was any info from scouts, etc. First link I clicked on had this logo next to his name:

Logo

23 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

So many different ways one could respond to your message but I''ll take the mature road for once.

When I read about him putting his name in, I used the google machine to see if there was any info from scouts, etc. First link I clicked on had this logo next to his name:

Logo

Point taken.  I could have phrased it differently.  I've edited my post.  Thanks.

13 minutes ago, GBL_Bills said:

https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/06/07/ncaa-basketball-ranking-top-30-graduate-transfers/

Isabell getting some love as the 4th best grad transfer. Also coming in at #30 is old friend Miles Reynolds 

Interestingly, he's rated much higher than Justin Coleman - who we all thought would be perfect. Nice.