BBQ Discussion (formerly Welcome to SLU KC Hankton!)

48 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Lol. I quit soda like 2 months ago. I didn’t think I’d miss it as much as I do. 

I really like soda but try not to drink it at home. I keep some around for mixers but keep it in the basement so I won’t pop one open during the day.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-last time I had a burger from O'Connells I was very disappointed and I know so many who swear by them

-I do like Adams, they have great smoked wings and their smoked salami is unique and very good

Had you ever had a burger at O'Connell's before?

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I was super pumped when the Salt and Smoke opened on Hampton.

A lesser Known BBQ place I enjoy is Smoking Barrels on Kingshighway.

I like Salt and Smoke. I go to the 1 in the loop

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

I really like soda but try not to drink it at home. I keep some around for mixers but keep it in the basement so I won’t pop one open during the day.

Pretty much all I’ve had to drink for the past 2 months is coffee and water. It seems super boring (it IS super boring), but I’ve  gotten used to it. And I feel better physically. Give and take I guess.

15 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Ever since I stopped drinking during this quarantine I've been craving fountain sodas again.

It’s funny you say that, I was just telling the wife how I was craving a fountain soda but just didn’t feel right stopping at a gas station and I never do that. It’s one of those things I really want because I know I can’t have it.

5 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Pretty much all I’ve had to drink for the past 2 months is coffee and water. It seems super boring (it IS super boring), but I’ve  gotten used to it. And I feel better physically. Give and take I guess.

I do a lot of fruit infused waters. I think they are great. Super refreshing and just enough flavor to stop the boredom.

I have a pitcher of strawberry/lime right now. I also use lemons, raspberries, blackberries, oranges, and grapefruits. 

Reinert310 likes this

5 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Agree on Salt+Smoke brisket - amazing

Their brisket is top notch.  They also have a great bacon cheeseburger.  They kept it simple and made it great.  Their fries need work but the Mac n cheese is on point.

5 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-yes it is, every time I have had it, wonderfully consistent

-I like smoked wings and think the offering from Diebergs is pretty good as they are from Hooters

Hooters doesn’t smoke their wings in house.  They just heat them up and sprinkle on what seasoning you choose.

I think Twin Oaks smoked wings are really good.

2 hours ago, Littlebill said:

My fiance's parents live right down the road behind Circle 7. Village is indeed a treat. Olive and Oak is the true king when it comes to best STL burger. Stoplight Drive-In is also fantastic if you're ever down in Jeffco

We hit Stop Light pretty regular. Very good burger.  Worth the stop if you’re going down 55

Best Burger in town is in my neighborhood, F&B's eatery.  Hole in the wall, 1 guy making the food, crazy hours.  I thought Mac made the best burgers until I went to F&Bs.

Anyone been to fine swine in Mt Vernon.  Very good, can go toe to toe with anything st. louis has to offer.  When I run my route down there I stop in.

Everyone knows all the mainstream places.  Best BBQ is made up north.  I like the midwestern but it was better in his stand on dorsett.  Also downtown is a KC BBQ joint Bootleggin.  When I ran my store I would get takeout there.  Haven't been to some of these places in a while and I bet the virus is putting them out of business but Smoki O's up north, C&K used to be in Ferguson but now in Pine Lawn, Ropers in Jennings. & Mann Meats in Florissant are well worth checking out if you are up for it.

Nobody mentioned Stellar Hog.  I don't like that part of town but he does make good Q.

4 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Best Burger in town is in my neighborhood, F&B's eatery.  Hole in the wall, 1 guy making the food, crazy hours.  I thought Mac made the best burgers until I went to F&Bs.

Anyone been to fine swine in Mt Vernon.  Very good, can go toe to toe with anything st. louis has to offer.  When I run my route down there I stop in.

Everyone knows all the mainstream places.  Best BBQ is made up north.  I like the midwestern but it was better in his stand on dorsett.  Also downtown is a KC BBQ joint Bootleggin.  When I ran my store I would get takeout there.  Haven't been to some of these places in a while and I bet the virus is putting them out of business but Smoki O's up north, C&K used to be in Ferguson but now in Pine Lawn, Ropers in Jennings. & Mann Meats in Florissant are well worth checking out if you are up for it.

Nobody mentioned Stellar Hog.  I don't like that part of town but he does make good Q.

Stellar Hog is great.  
What’s wrong with that area? I lived in the St. Stephens/Carondelet area for years. Loved that part of town. 

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Stellar Hog is great.  
What’s wrong with that area? I lived in the St. Stephens/Carondelet area for years. Loved that part of town. 

I'm a NOCO guy, who has lived downtown, maplewood and lindenwood park.  Deep South St. Louis and south county might as well be Russia to me.  Just personal preference.

43 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I'll use this place to say RIP Southtown Pub.  That place was a (relatively) hidden gem.

Friends from work and I did karaoke at Southtown. It might’ve been my singing that made them close their doors. If so, I apologize to all.

28 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I'm a NOCO guy, who has lived downtown, maplewood and lindenwood park.  Deep South St. Louis and south county might as well be Russia to me.  Just personal preference.

Lol

Fair enough. I get that I converted my wife from Florissant to south city and she still doesn’t understand the lay of the land.

thetorch likes this

37 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I've been to Fine Swine in New Baden IL and it was great bbq. I have to disagree on Mann's in Florissant, not a fan of the food. I will be stopping by F&B at some point now to try their burger.