Baseball & Sexual Misconduct Claims

4 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

If she agrees to sex or even just goes along with it it's not sexual assault just because she's drinking regardless of what a universities code of conduct says. Just because todays Universities are ridiculous doesn't make them right. I think it is a good idea to tell a girl who makes poor choices when drinking to stop drinking as you obviously can't make good decisions when you do. Anyone who thinks differently is an idiot

Thanks?

It might not start as assault but it can become that at some point during an encounter. Most of these cases are like that, in fact.

I'm also wondering why you're only calling out the poor decisions of the girls when the guy in this case has been the subject of two investigations and admitted to doing something without consent in one of them. Based on what we know in this case, I'd say his judgment deserves a higher degree of scrutiny than the girls'.

Drinking complicates everything, I get that. Most of these cases are pretty complicated. I don't see this as one to dig in on behalf of the accused, though.

milwaukeebill likes this

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

I imagine at this point the school is afraid to terminate Weathers. Can you imagine the outrage and publicity she would generate for being fired for disciplining sexual predator athletes. I am afraid the only option they have is to promote her.

just pay her to go away.    of course her ilk is so into her cause and reason to exist (in her mind) she probably would refuse.   she would offer to ruin lives for no pay.   

37 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Thanks?

It might not start as assault but it can become that at some point during an encounter. Most of these cases are like that, in fact.

I'm also wondering why you're only calling out the poor decisions of the girls when the guy in this case has been the subject of two investigations and admitted to doing something without consent in one of them. Based on what we know in this case, I'd say his judgment deserves a higher degree of scrutiny than the girls'.

Drinking complicates everything, I get that. Most of these cases are pretty complicated. I don't see this as one to dig in on behalf of the accused, though.

So you don't think it's a good idea to tell a girl who makes poor decisions when drinking (especially where sex is involved) to quit drinking? I'd also tell the guy to quit messing with drunk girls.

Are you sure he admitted to doing something without consent or did he admit to doing something with a girl that was drinking and that statement in effect meant he admitted to sexual contact without consent? 

I'm not digging in on any side, however, the scales are so tilted in favor of the females that it just seems to make sense to be sure what we are talking about here. SLU sure as hell isn't going to make sure any male gets a fair shake. I think we know that to be true at this point

21 hours ago, dlarry said:

There is actually an app for that. 

The article i read said it probably wouldn't hold up in court but it is an actuall drunken sex release form on your phone. 

Wild times we live in.

I still think young women need to learn the difference between sexual assault and regret over drunken hookups. Its time for young adults to start taking some responsibility for their own actions.

I still think young women need to learn the difference between sexual assault and regret over drunken hookups. Its time for young adults to start taking some responsibility for their own actions.” 

Have you ever read a statement so ironic? Sir, women bear a target on their backs, a constant worry in the back of their minds of becoming a victim to men who may or may not “know the difference” between consent and unwanted sexual advances. 

The cases of women falsely accusing men of sexual misconduct are so few; rather, that is an easy-out for those in society holding positions of power feeling guilty of their privilege. 

Instead, we might observe the amount of women whose stories are brushed under the rug or ridiculed due to their abuser’s power, whether it is athletic success, or merely gender. 

It is time men are taught to “take responsibility for their actions,” not victims.

Edited by Billiken226

7 minutes ago, Billiken226 said:

I still think young women need to learn the difference between sexual assault and regret over drunken hookups. Its time for young adults to start taking some responsibility for their own actions.” 

Have you ever read a statement so ironic? Sir, women bear a target on their backs, a constant worry in the back of their minds of becoming a victim to men who may or may not “know the difference” between consent and unwanted sexual advances. 

The cases of women falsely accusing men of sexual misconduct are so few; rather, that is an easy-out for those in society holding positions of power feeling guilty of their privilege. 

Instead, we might observe the amount of women whose stories are brushed under the rug or ridiculed due to their abuser’s power, whether it is athletic success, or merely gender. 

It is time men are taught to “take responsibility for their actions,” not victims.

Sup Katherine

DirtyRican likes this

17 minutes ago, Billiken226 said:

226 does the sun ever come out on your planet?   

22 minutes ago, Billiken226 said:

You know what fuok it I don’t care to argue

I hate to get into this debate at all but DAMN, aren't feminists supposed to believe women are strong.  The women I know are built for battle.  They could be overpowered or drugged perhaps but not out thought, or brought to unwelcome submission by drink.   

This is the problem with the S2 fiasco. The guys got railroaded by a chick with a vendetta and a SJW on a power trip. 

Now, when I see the headline, I immediately assume another athlete is getting the shaft. 

Then I find out he has had charges brought up before. So maybe where there is smoke there is fire. 

These false claims of sexual misconduct and the title 9 kangaroo court are really hurting their own cause. 

SouthSide_Billiken likes this

2 hours ago, Billiken226 said:

Everyone should take responsibility for their own actions. No one on this board condones sexual assault or men who won't take no for an answer. if you think otherwise, you are mistaken.

Do any of you actually go to SLU? This dude has a reputation for being a creep and believe it or not, he is. 

What could a woman possibly have to gain from accusing this broke college kid of sexual assault? Do you think this is fun for the TWO accusers?

He had sex with girls who were passed out. Why are you guys having these semantic conversations about sexual assault vs. sexual misconduct?

If this happened to my sister or daughter or girlfriend, I don’t think I would care what you call it, I would just want him to get the away from other girls that age.

12 minutes ago, Billiken226 said:

Do any of you actually go to SLU? This dude has a reputation for being a creep and believe it or not, he is. 

What could a woman possibly have to gain from accusing this broke college kid of sexual assault? Do you think this is fun for the TWO accusers?

He had sex with girls who were passed out. Why are you guys having these semantic conversations about sexual assault vs. sexual misconduct?

If this happened to my sister or daughter or girlfriend, I don’t think I would care what you call it, I would just want him to get the away from other girls that age.

The avg. age of this message board is probably like 40, just FYI

Not quite sure who you are arguing with, but I’m akin to believe this guy IS a creep (based on what little we know right now). Sure. The issue is no one trusts Weathers or anyone affiliated with these cases on SLU’s end after the way the basketball incident just played out. 

How was he allowed to play out the remainder of the baseball season? The U. operates as if it is fumbling around with a blindfold on every time these things happen. I’m sure they will be dripping with transparency once again.

Is there anyone in America with more job security than Chris May? Beyond belief

slufan13 likes this

29 minutes ago, Billiken226 said:

Because it’s an important distinction. Because people like Weathers like to throw around the word sexual assault for things like not asking for affirmative consent when kissing a woman. Nobody here is really defending this dude because we don’t know what happened. Most of us just distrust Katherine Weathers and her title IX office.

49 minutes ago, Billiken226 said:

I don't think anyone has seen anything saying what you claim is actually what happened. If in fact that was true I believe the police would be involved.

DirtyRican likes this

27 minutes ago, Billiken226 said:

The actions you described would qualify as sexual assault. If that is what happened here, get him out of SLU.

My issue when it comes to calling the offenses sexual assault vs. something else is that if you read what the definition of rape/sexual assault in a criminal setting (something that can lead to time in prison), it requires that the offender act with the intent to commit rape, or at least possess the knowledge that the other person was not consenting. That's a malicious and deliberate act in violation of someone else's body that deserves all of the consequences that come with it.

By contrast, having read the SLU conduct policy's requirements for sexual assault, it is my opinion as a lawyer, who is trained to read and interpret statutory language, that the elements that must be met between the SLU policy and criminal law are so widely different, there should be some other name for an offense to include behavior that still is wrong, but falls below the malicious and intentional level of rape. I feel confident in saying that hypothetically, if the SLU Title IX office (or whatever their official name is) were to start analyzing every sexual act on campus, whether an accusation of sexual assault was made or not, they would find the overwhelming majority of these acts to fall short of their requirements of effective consent. For example, if a guy kisses his long-term, committed girlfriend without asking "Do I have consent to kiss you?" beforehand, he just violated SLU's sexual assault policy. SLU's policy places an emphasis on verbal consent being given. I think that if a couple, regardless of the level of commitment, engages in sex but doesn't stop every 30 seconds to reaffirm the consent, I think that the SLU policy could find that to fall short of their consent test. 

I want clear bad actors to be punished, but I just don't think it's good policy to equate intentional, malicious behavior with behavior that would fall under the category of negligence. SLU's policy, as I read it, does that however. The two types of behavior are distinguished in every other legal system that I know, be it criminal or civil tort law. Why can't there be a way to do the same in a campus disciplinary proceeding?     

slufanskip and kshoe like this

1 hour ago, Billiken226 said:

How would you feel if your son or brother was wrongly accused and had his education and reputation taken away from him, simply because of the color of his skin, and the fact that he has a penis? 

That’s where we are at with weathers and the rest of SLUs title ix office.  So GTFO of here you fake woke a$$hat. You don’t give a flying f*** about what’s right. 

10 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

How would you feel if your son or brother was wrongly accused and had his education and reputation taken away from him, simply because of the color of his skin, and the fact that he has a penis? 

That’s where we are at with weathers and the rest of SLUs title ix office.  So GTFO of here you fake woke a$$hat. You don’t give a flying f*** about what’s right. 

What he said. It really is that bad.

18 hours ago, slufanskip said:

So you don't think it's a good idea to tell a girl who makes poor decisions when drinking (especially where sex is involved) to quit drinking? I'd also tell the guy to quit messing with drunk girls.

Are you sure he admitted to doing something without consent or did he admit to doing something with a girl that was drinking and that statement in effect meant he admitted to sexual contact without consent? 

I'm not digging in on any side, however, the scales are so tilted in favor of the females that it just seems to make sense to be sure what we are talking about here. SLU sure as hell isn't going to make sure any male gets a fair shake. I think we know that to be true at this point

No, I don't. If a girl reports a sexual assault, my instinct isn't to go, "Well, maybe you shouldn't drink so much so you can make better decisions." That's needlessly cruel.

12 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Then the basketball players shouldn't have put themselves in the position they did.

Dont participate in an orgy, film it and then post online.

The basketball players got what they deserved. Had they behaved better, they wouldn't have had a problem and would still be on the team. It is the PLAYERS fault in both instances.

billikenroy - just pay her off.

I was right in an earlier post where SLU fans are no better than Baylor. Sad.

SLU is a CatholicUniversity and needs to hold their athletes to a higher standard or they are gone.

44 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I was wondering if appeared to anyone else that 226's writing style and textual appearance is eerily reminiscent of a certain poster who's limited to one post per day.

the thinking on this subject match and it would fit the past mo of expulsions at other message boards.