Baseball & Sexual Misconduct Claims

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weathers back at it again... He "should have known" she was incapacitated.  Campus police didn't even open an investigation.

I'll admit I know no details of this case.  But it really seems we are at the point where you shouldn't have sex in college without getting some sort of written consent first.

5 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Weathers back at it again... He "should have known" she was incapacitated.  Campus police didn't even open an investigation.

I'll admit I know no details of this case.  But it really seems we are at the point where you shouldn't have sex in college without getting some sort of written consent first.

There is actually an app for that. 

The article i read said it probably wouldn't hold up in court but it is an actuall drunken sex release form on your phone. 

Wild times we live in.

I still think young women need to learn the difference between sexual assault and regret over drunken hookups. Its time for young adults to start taking some responsibility for their own actions.

38 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I still think young women need to learn the difference between sexual assault and regret over drunken hookups. Its time for young adults to start taking some responsibility for their own actions.

I understand what you’re saying, but having read the SLU student conduct policy, it’s my opinion that the policy doesn’t really distinguish the two. I think I’ve said this here before, but if you’re using the traditional criminal definition of rape or sexual assault for these university conduct matters, stop doing that immediately. The elements of the offenses are very different.

TheChosenOne likes this

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I understand what you’re saying, but having read the SLU student conduct policy, it’s my opinion that the policy doesn’t really distinguish the two. I think I’ve said this here before, but if you’re using the traditional criminal definition of rape or sexual assault for these university conduct matters, stop doing that immediately. The elements of the offenses are very different.

The policy is crazy and, in fact, was written by Weathers.  This crazy woman get to act as the lawmaker, cop, judge, and jury at SLU.  She is basically a dictator wearing a pink *** hat.

TheChosenOne and billikenfan05 like this

26 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The policy is crazy and, in fact, was written by Weathers.  This crazy woman get to act as the lawmaker, cop, judge, and jury at SLU.  She is basically a dictator wearing a pink *** hat.

Have we ever established what makes her qualified to have written and enforced a title 9 policy. If the police aren’t getting involved I feel that sexual assault is a poor name for the investigation. Sexual misconduct should be the official designation IMO

TheChosenOne likes this

19 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don't disagree, but the fact of the matter is that this is currently the state of affairs at SLU and undoubtedly many other universities around the country. I think there must be a way to protect women on college campuses without having a system that is set up to guarantee that men who are accused will be found guilty solely on the basis of the fact that an accusation was made. Until that is worked out, men on college campuses are playing with fire if they don't acknowledge the current climate.

brianstl and rgbilliken like this

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

If the police aren’t getting involved I feel that sexual assault is a poor name for the investigation. Sexual misconduct should be the official designation IMO

This 1000%. It has been my opinion for a while that given the significant differences between the elements of rape/sexual assault in criminal court, and those within the SLU student conduct policy, there should be separate names for the offenses.

By the way, I re-read the article at the top of this thread. If that accurately depicts the scenario, this kid is toast.

13 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

This 1000%. It has been my opinion for a while that given the significant differences between the elements of rape/sexual assault in criminal court, and those within the SLU student conduct policy, there should be separate names for the offenses.

By the way, I re-read the article at the top of this thread. If that accurately depicts the scenario, this kid is toast.

knew or should have known that you were incapacitated.” The letter also says Sniatynski acknowledged engaging in “sexual contact” without the victim’s

knew or should have known scares me in that who determines what cues Parker should have picked up on. 

The second sentence is jarring. My question would be (like everything else that seems to go along with these types of cases) what qualifies as bare minimum sexual contact? 

Its time, as a society, to have a serious, common sense discussion on what consistutes sexual assault and misconduct. How can we come to an agreement as to what responsibilities men and women have in the specific cases that involve intoxication.

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

knew or should have known that you were incapacitated.” The letter also says Sniatynski acknowledged engaging in “sexual contact” without the victim’s

knew or should have known scares me in that who determines what cues Parker should have picked up on. 

The second sentence is jarring. My question would be (like everything else that seems to go along with these types of cases) what qualifies as bare minimum sexual contact? 

Its time, as a society, to have a serious, common sense discussion on what consistutes sexual assault and misconduct. How can we come to an agreement as to what responsibilities men and women have in the specific cases that involve intoxication.

We don’t know if he actually admitted to anything approaching sexual contact without consent.  What we know that is what Weathers says it happened.  My guess is tapes of his questioning will not be made available to the Post.  I don’t trust anything that comes from a SLU investigation.

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

SLU just ruined another kid’s life by permanently labeling him a sexual predator to anyone who googles the guy’s name.  The campus police didn’t even open up an investigation, but this kid’s name gets ruined by SLU.

It’s also another bullet in the chamber of this game of Russian roulette Pestello is playing with Saint Louis University. And he keeps allowing Katherine Weathers the opportunity to add more bullets. 

so basketball players are suspended from all games the moment a violation is alleged, & later booted from school for acts that were admitted to be consensual — & this guy plays the entire baseball season during the same school year?

is the “without the victim’s consent” part unclear for others? I might be too drunk too dechiper the above comments 

this school is a constant embarrassment 

6C45A415-A93A-4FBC-9515-FB128FD6142D.jpeg

How does the paper get the letter Weathers wrote to the alleged victim? Is the victim giving it to her? If so, this seems like a vendetta. 

I would bet this guy didn't admit to sexual contact without "consent" in the traditional meaning of consent. Weathers is probably using "consent" in the meaning she wrote in the Title IV policies. If so, that should have been made clear by the article. This makes it sound like she was either passed out or saying no and he did it anyway. If that is the case, he should be expelled.

Finally, this kid had a similar complaint against him in September. He should have learned his lesson.

4 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

This makes it sound like she was either passed out or saying no and he did it anyway. If that is the case, he should be expelled.

Totally agree. But if that's the case there should have been a STLPD investigation. If I understood the article correctly there wasn't even a campus police investigation. 

I'm going to guess that this kid really screwed up and deserves a significant punishment. But anything coming from Katherine Weathers loses all credibility to me so it's unfortunate that that's SLU's reputation now.

billikenfan05 and rgbilliken like this

At some point the athletes have to be blamed.

Stop making excuses for them by blaming Pestello and Weathers.

Athletes will never be blamed on this site.

Posters on this site think athletes can and should have sex with whomever they want whenever they want.

Sad.

13 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

How does the paper get the letter Weathers wrote to the alleged victim? Is the victim giving it to her? If so, this seems like a vendetta. 

I would bet this guy didn't admit to sexual contact without "consent" in the traditional meaning of consent. Weathers is probably using "consent" in the meaning she wrote in the Title IV policies. If so, that should have been made clear by the article. This makes it sound like she was either passed out or saying no and he did it anyway. If that is the case, he should be expelled.

Finally, this kid had a similar complaint against him in September. He should have learned his lesson.

Great post. I wasn't aware of the September complaint. Unfortunately it seems like he needs to be cut loose. Due to personal dealings with Weathers I still have trouble trusting in anything she does.