OT: USMNT

A good start yesterday for the next generation of soccer in this country.  Sargent scores in his debut and was the fourth youngest player to score for USMNT for all of 7 minutes. The team Bolivia brought isn't any good good, but it was nice to see Sargent and Weah score.

27 minutes ago, brianstl said:

A good start yesterday for the next generation of soccer in this country.  Sargent scores in his debut and was the fourth youngest player to score for USMNT for all of 7 minutes. The team Bolivia brought isn't any good good, but it was nice to see Sargent and Weah score.

Sargent's goal was eerily similar to what had happened in the UCL.  But a great effort by Josh to intercept the pass and then a positive strike into the net.  Yes, Boliva was subpar, but this was almost our U22 team.  Looking forward to the future combination of Sargent and Weah, added to the already established Pulisic.

39 minutes ago, brianstl said:

In things that might only be amusing to me: Weah's dad is the President of Liberia and he's playing for the USMNT. Just find that funny. 

HoosierPal likes this

18 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

In things that might only be amusing to me: Weah's dad is the President of Liberia and he's playing for the USMNT. Just find that funny. 

He was born in NYC I believe.

I liked a lot of what I saw from the kids, their confidence on the ball and ability to play in tight spaces is something we haven't seen a lot of from US attacking players 

With all this young talent, I’m even more bummed we didn’t qualify for Russia. 

No doubt in my mind Sargent would’ve been on the roster going to Russia. All he does is score at every level he’s been at. 

Pulisic, Sargent, Weah, Adams, McKennie all should be playing very high level soccer next year. EPB and CCV should both get a loan to higher level teams than last season. And we’ve got countless other young players abroad who could break through. 

You wouldn’t know it based on the rosters Arena called up, but we’ve got more young talent abroad than we’ve ever had. 

8 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

With all this young talent, I’m even more bummed we didn’t qualify for Russia. 

No doubt in my mind Sargent would’ve been on the roster going to Russia. All he does is score at every level he’s been at. 

Pulisic, Sargent, Weah, Adams, McKennie all should be playing very high level soccer next year. EPB and CCV should both get a loan to higher level teams than last season. And we’ve got countless other young players abroad who could break through. 

You wouldn’t know it based on the rosters Arena called up, but we’ve got more young talent abroad than we’ve ever had. 

while im stoked about the talent, it would have been a slaughtering.   They need to go all in on these football friendlies with a really young team.  2022 is all ours.