Billiken Night at Busch August 30

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

Went to the game last night and saw those for Illinois and Mizzou, looked like decent quality too. Thanks for posting, I have to get one of those.

I was there last night as well and I know we’re all biased here but I think the blue looks far sharper and the fact that we’ve used the STL logo before makes it look like it could be a fauxback SLU baseball jersey. 

6 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I was there last night as well and I know we’re all biased here but I think the blue looks far sharper and the fact that we’ve used the STL logo before makes it look like it could be a fauxback SLU baseball jersey. 

Completely agree with both points (the royal blue looks the best and the STL is actually fitting). I was just weighing in that the jerseys appeared to be decent quality.

13 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Completely agree with both points (the royal blue looks the best and the STL is actually fitting). I was just weighing in that the jerseys appeared to be decent quality.

I wasn’t so much as replying to you as agreeing and expanding on your post 

On 5/19/2018 at 7:32 AM, billikenfan05 said:

05, when the 'Fetz was being built and the AD offices were all  being moved out of the Bauman-Eberhardt Center they had a fire sale on all this old gear in they found around the joint. I have a mesh Bills baseball jersey that looks exactly like these minus the new Billiken. All in all I am glad that we moved away from the famous Cardinals "STL" monogram, but I do enjoy its use every once in a while. 

I've also hoped that SLU would develop an unique "SLU" monogram similar to the ones that University used in its early history. I assume that the marketing department tries to steer clear of any confusing with the more famous Cards logo. I think SLU was using the "STL" logo as late as the '90s. 

22 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

05, when the 'Fetz was being built and the AD offices were all  being moved out of the Bauman-Eberhardt Center they had a fire sale on all this old gear in they found around the joint. I have a mesh Bills baseball jersey that looks exactly like these minus the new Billiken. All in all I am glad that we moved away from the famous Cardinals "STL" monogram, but I do enjoy its use every once in a while. 

I've also hoped that SLU would develop an unique "SLU" monogram similar to the ones that University used in its early history. I assume that the marketing department tries to steer clear of any confusing with the more famous Cards logo. I think SLU was using the "STL" logo as late as the '90s. 

I remember that sale. I grabbed as much of that gear as I could. 

59 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I remember that sale. I grabbed as much of that gear as I could. 

We are in one of the quieter periods of the off season, so I don't mind driving this further off topic, any thing cool you grabbed of note?

I am always curious where things end up. Like, where did the C-USA banners (there was a banner for each school) and other SLU related banners from Scottrade end up?

18 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

We are in one of the quieter periods of the off season, so I don't mind driving this further off topic, any thing cool you grabbed of note?

I am always curious where things end up. Like, where did the C-USA banners (there was a banner for each school) and other SLU related banners from Scottrade end up?

I actually think this sale happened in 2013 because IIRC I bought a non-named #10 jersey from the 2012 NCAA team. I have a Tyler McIlwraith women's rawlings jersey, I have a pair of the shorts that match.  I have a pregame warmup shirt from the women's team.

My prized piece from that sale is the Miracle In Memphis CUSA Championship Banner, it's still hanging in the basement at my mother's house.

I should create an album of all the SLU/SLU related gear I've accumulated through ebay and such.

4 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

That is so cool, how were able to get that?

If you can believe it, they just had them all rolled up standing against a well in Chaifetz they sold all this stuff during a fan fest. The National Championship banner had already been sold. I think I paid somewhere between $10 and $20

TheChosenOne likes this

7 hours ago, prebilliken said:

I have that jersey in my closet right now. My dad played on the baseball team in the late 80s and has some cool stuff. Used to wear it to basketball games fairly often. Then i “grew” out of it.

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Very important note if you haven’t got your tix yet. Buying from the Cardinals website only XLs are left. If you go through Ben SLU alumni website you can still buy all sizes

except medium... purchasing my shite now

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen this evening's game advertised much lately.  Me and six friends are going to be there, but I'm wondering if the general public knows about it.  I hope there will be a ton of folks sporting the jersey tonight.

And...how could they run out of sizes so early?  I am assuming these can be made pretty quickly.

8 minutes ago, GMan Alum said:

I haven't seen this evening's game advertised much lately.  Me and six friends are going to be there, but I'm wondering if the general public knows about it.  I hope there will be a ton of folks sporting the jersey tonight.

And...how could they run out of sizes so early?  I am assuming these can be made pretty quickly.

it's been on facebook constantly.   they have sent email blasts.   etc.   slu has worked this harder than one would expect imo.  

27 minutes ago, GMan Alum said:

It has been advertised quite frequently during Cardinals games the past few weeks.