Goodwin Story

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Man that gets me pumped up seeing how excited he is to return.  Can't wait!

The photo of him celebrating with the students is great. I am looking forward to a lot more of that and the students really embracing these guys. Pumped is definitely the right word, can't wait.

Billikid likes this

As I mentioned in the Signed Recruits thread, this is great to read:

Goodwin will arrive on campus around the same time as some of the team's incoming freshmen, a group that includes guards Fred Thatch, Demarius Jacobs and Ingvi Gudmundsson, wing Mickey Pearson and forward Carte'Are Gordon.

14 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

11 days is also likely the countdown until Carteare Gordon moves into GFo

Many local High Schools don't finish up until sometime the week of May 21.  But I remember Zeke Moore saying he was taking college courses at SLU and had yet to finish up his high school work.

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

this string made my day.   i am so happy that jordan saw the long term positive and there were enough good slu people around him to offset the bot, stormy, pesty and krafty and there unfair practices.   we are so lucky to have this young man wearing billiken blue.   

last night while watching the celtics and the sixers, my wife comes in to see how tatum is doing.   i told her, "forget about tatum, watch smart.  you know that is jordan goodwin in a few years."  and i proceeded to tell him how ford sees goodwin as the next coming of smart.    about that time smart has the big follow up rebound and putback of a tatum miss that pretty much kept the celtics in the game.   my wife says, "he is like goodwin".

jordan.  we know you read the board.   welcome back.    big things left for you to accomplish as a billiken.  we know you can do it.   thanks again for being a billiken.

p.s. i hope you've been working on young mr liddell.   you as a junior and senior with ej would be lethal for the 618 gang!

Roy, agreed.  Every time I saw Smart last night I couldn’t help but envision Goodwin in a few years. 

Just hope he was able to finish his Spring semester courses online.  One of my kids transferred from D2 to a D1 athletic program and lost some credits with the transfer.  Had a heck of a time getting to play due to academic progress and the NCAA.  Had good grades but too few credits to qualify to play.  Worked out but was a struggle. Suppose if he had to withdraw from classes, he can get to sophomore status with summer classes.

4 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Just hope he was able to finish his Spring semester courses online.  One of my kids transferred from D2 to a D1 athletic program and lost some credits with the transfer.  Had a heck of a time getting to play due to academic progress and the NCAA.  Had good grades but too few credits to qualify to play.  Worked out but was a struggle. Suppose if he had to withdraw from classes, he can get to sophomore status with summer classes.

He will be fine. I can't understand why you're trying to draw a comparison between a transfer and Goodwin.

30 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Many local High Schools don't finish up until sometime the week of May 21.  But I remember Zeke Moore saying he was taking college courses at SLU and had yet to finish up his high school work.

Webster's school year ends on May 24.

-JGood, I am also in your corner, I hope you have the best experience for the rest of your days at SLU and beyond

-this has me pumped, I feel like I could touch the rim again!

-thanks for the article Stu, good work

26 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Webster's school year ends on May 24.

I was just about to say, if I remembered right it seemed we were really late on that compared to other's I knew. 

56 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

I would think he would not have been allowed to.  Suspension means just that - no participation in any school related stuff period.  You can not even be on campus.  He probably lost last semester unless he took online classes from another university and could transfer them in.  He only needs 24 credits by the start of first semester next school year.  He can easily get that done in summer school assuming he had 12 or more credits from the first semester.  

38 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I would think he would not have been allowed to.  Suspension means just that - no participation in any school related stuff period.  You can not even be on campus.  He probably lost last semester unless he took online classes from another university and could transfer them in.  He only needs 24 credits by the start of first semester next school year.  He can easily get that done in summer school assuming he had 12 or more credits from the first semester.  

Didn't Cody miss the 1st semester of his freshman year. Seemed to work for him okay. I do realize he did stay an extra semester as a non-athlete to get his degree in December, that was his decision and a good one.  

Very impressed by this young man's response to turmoil. Never wavered in the face of unwarranted scrutiny and criticism from S2, and also has never displayed discontent publicly, although I'm sure it was an extremely difficult task to keep those feelings of frustration and anger close to his chest. He didn't vent or drag down the morale of teammates, though I'm sure sure he very much wanted to voice his displeasure.

Goodwin's truly what you want from a leader. He responds to obstacles with incredible resolve and perseverance, never taking a moment of self pity. Instead, he reflects and works on improving himself. This Billiken alum is incredibly proud to have a young man like Jordan on this team, and I have no doubt this kid and this team will be going places under his leadership. 

I think I speak on behalf of all Bills fans when I say I truly cannot wait to see what he'll accomplish!

Billikid and Pistol like this

46 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Didn't Cody miss the 1st semester of his freshman year. Seemed to work for him okay. I do realize he did stay an extra semester as a non-athlete to get his degree in December, that was his decision and a good one.  

He missed the first semester because the NCAA would not clear him to play.  Goodwin's situation is kind of different.  I think he may need 24 credits given that he did play most of the second semester.