Goodwin Story

11 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I didn't see any negative replies to the tweet when it was up.  I did see a great Bobby Brown gif.

one of the replies asked if the school was giving Jordan a new camcorder for the upcoming season, or something along those lines. is was fairly mild 

the deleting of the tweet is so ON-BRAND for us. we really  should have made a poll regarding when someone at the U. would find a reason to take it down

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job SLU way to make JGood feel welcome I am sure he knows the tweet was deleted, how humiliating for JGood and family I feel horrible for them.

I want JGood and family to know I will stand and cheer when he is announced every single game, and boo every single time I see Freddy P's ugly mug.

4 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Nice job SLU way to make JGood feel welcome I am sure he knows the tweet was deleted, how humiliating for JGood and family I feel horrible for them.

I want JGood and family to know I will stand and cheer when he is announced every single game, and boo every single time I see Freddy P's ugly mug.

I feel like you’re overreacting in your first sentence. The second I agree with 100% 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Third, this was retweeted and liked by a lot of people, including players, coaches, media, etc. This drew more of a response during its brief lifespan than any tweet they've put out in quite a while. Now there's an awkward dead link out there, a popped balloon. 

This

A favorite saying of mine has always been, They're so dumb they could mess up a free lunch. I smell Stormy and Officer Kratsky behind this. They have got to disappear and stop trying to bring down the basketball program.

9 minutes ago, slu72 said:

A favorite saying of mine has always been, They're so dumb they could mess up a free lunch. I smell Stormy and Officer Kratsky behind this. They have got to disappear and stop trying to bring down the basketball program.

Neither of those fools follow basketball on twitter... you guys are thinking way too big on this one

Here’s my view of the administration showing their lack of skill...

A very innocuous tweet was sent that recognized JGood’s return. 

It was endorsed by a BoT member (I consider a retweet an endorsement) who also has the arena and an entire college at SLU named after him. 

Some people complained, but in a quiet enough way the complaints weren’t noticed by those on this message board (except one camcorder tweet that most here didn’t see).

The school’s “leadership” then wet themselves and removed this highly visible tweet (apparently the most retweeted in weeks or months).

How loud are the complaints gonna be next time?  Those upset JGood wasn’t flogged and expelled certainly have to be very excited about how this went down. 

I don't think there was a high-level conspiracy here. I tend to think the decision to delete it came from inside the AD. People are overestimating how closely administrators and academics pay attention to athletics, especially in the summer.

Someone in the department overthought it, panicked, and convinced someone else to delete it. And it looks bad to us fans who pay attention all year long, and it's absolutely the wrong decision for many reasons already discussed.

That's my guess. They're small-time that way.

I'm guessing that a few complaints were received by people clearly not educated on the situation who think JG's involvement was more than it actually was given the overreaction by the administration, and then, as always happens in our society nowadays, those few complaints got prioritized over logic and sanity.  Good job, Pesty.  Now the program cannot even promote one of its best players.